Agfa Healthcare

www.agfa.com

Agfa Healthcare Reviews in Canada

Updated Jun 21, 2014
Agfa Healthcare – Waterloo – “AGFA Healthcare”

Pros
  • Good benefits, stable once you get the sense of how things work(in 5 reviews)

• Good people to work and share experiences(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there(in 4 reviews)

• Upper management really jumps the gun in allowing unfinished products into the market(in 5 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good stability in a mature segment

ProsGreat benefits, older experienced employees, mature and stable environment

ConsNo room to grow, downsizing is present.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get better at communicating future plans.

Such a sad story....

Software Developer (Current Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsThis place was a hidden gem in the tech employer landscape of Waterloo. Great people, Great Compensation, great benefits...5 years ago.

ConsRounds and rounds of layoffs. Provincial government cash injection is gone. No raise (or even cost of living adjustment) in 5 years. The lucky ones get great severance packages. Company turns on a dime with a new figurehead every couple of years and the slide continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get some ROI before reinventing product lines before the have had a chance to make some profit.

good experience

Prosfriendly environment, great people to work with.

Consknowledge transfer need to be improved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great products, great people.

Software Architect (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsIts products help people. Its developers care about the products and the end customer (the patient on the table)

ConsManagement has been up and down over the past couple of years. Power is held at head office so all decision making is there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the local management teams... they know what they are doing. They are the ones who make this company what it is today.

easy going environment.

Prosgood benefits. international company. get to work with people around the world

Conssomewhat political. dealing with timezones can be tricky

Advice to Senior Managementprovide clear information on career paths

International PACS leader, but lacks sense of accomplishment

Medical Imaging Software Developer (Current Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsI joined because Agfa seems to have a good international foothold with their PACS software. They let you delve right into the code, and although there are code reviews, there seems to be an inherent trust in the code quality of each other. I haven't seen the interior, but they have a new flashy R&D building in Waterloo Tech Park.

ConsTheir core technology was very outdated and often seemed like "spaghetti code", making it hard to incorporate new features quickly. Their build system needs some serious fixing for improved efficiency. Unfortunately, I never felt I could make a big contribution to the improvement of healthcare mainly because of these setbacks. Also, and take this with a grain of salt since I was just a coop, but there didn't seem to be much emphasis on employee engagement. The focus usually felt like it was on the shareholders first, and employees only after they were satisfied.

Started good, then got to know more

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, market they are in is important

Conscomp plans are not at market, old school business mentality, say open to innovation but many roadblocks and hurdles to make things happen

Advice to Senior Managementlook more regionally than globally when determining policies

Was a great place to work with a lot of opportunities, but no longer

Software Developer (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsCompensation was quite good in the past. But, has declined

ConsMoral is quite low due to a few key people in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou actually need software developers to build software.

Great Company great co workers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsInterest bussines
    Well balanced life-work

ConsNot the very well paid.

Great people, satisfying work

Analyst (Current Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsIntelligent, committed people working to better patient care.
    Every now and then you get to work in a dream team and it's almost magical.

ConsThe occasional lead who doesn't understand that praise should be public and criticisms should be private, and not the other way around.

Advice to Senior Managementalign the different functional areas, and share information, goals and strategies.

Worked for Agfa Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!