Agfa Healthcare Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

2.6

CEO

Pros
  • Good benefits, stable once you get the sense of how things work (in 5 reviews)

• Good people to work and share experiences (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management really jumps the gun in allowing unfinished products into the market (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Unstable company right now

Current Employee - Services
    Current Employee - Services

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The total compensation is pretty good (see cons). The benefits package is pretty good. Most of the people are great to deal with and the company does have a knack for hiring some very talented people. Remote work is allowed but limited. There is some limited promotion opportunities. The company has a decent software portfolio. Rewarding industry to work in!

Cons

Frequent layoffs and restructures. In one year alone I had 4 separate bosses. They do not do regular annual cost of living adjustments (only 2 out of the 7 years I've been with them). There is limited promotional paths; most job changes are treated as lateral moves with HR unwilling to provide a decent increase in pay. The company is not against remote workers but is now limiting it and is only hiring certain positions out of an office. The company is very number oriented. Line managers are forcing numbers over quality to appease upper management. Slow bug fixes and many times we tell our customers to buy new version of software for the fix they seek!

Stop the frequent layoffs and restructuring. We haven't had a new sale install in a long time. Are we even trying to get new sales/clients?

Seemed like a great company to work for

Current Employee - Regional Support  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Regional Support in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, Staff, Remote work, no micro management

Cons

No Balance, not realistic to job roles

Become more involved in employee relations

Great co workers

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Pay was OK but no cost of living raises in over 8 yrs

Cons

worked 60-80 hr weeks with a lot of off the books time on things that was expected to be done

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive and senior level management very out of touch with rank and file, and the situation "on the ground".

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time

Pros

Pay was pretty good. Company provided car was very nice fringe benefit.

Cons

Where to begin...Out of touch senior management, over-weighted, meaningless metrics. No sense of teamwork - people too guarded with their little "piece of information" as if it were their security blanket and to share too much would jeopardize their perceived job security. "[Blank] rolls downhill" is alive and well with Agfa.

Do something for the company, take your golden parachute and leave while the damage is repairable.

Worst Company in the world to work for!

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager  in  Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe the benefits but thats it

Cons

Union environment, poor management, finger pointing, micro managing, no raises or bonuses for salaried employees, lots of overtime not paid

look into the situation in Dayton Facility...its a wreck!

Some great people can be found, but terrible communication almost everywhere.

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has some very talented, hard-working people.

Pay was okay for the amount of work done.

Fairly non-demanding job, where I hardly ever worked over 40 hours per week.

Cons

Terrible communication everywhere...from management down to individual contributors. Over half of my time was spent trying to track people down and get a reply...including my own boss. Constant cases of meetings where people either wouldn't show up or didn't follow up with deliverables. Management was just as bad (or worse), and so there was never any improvement of behavior.

Very little (if any) visibility or communication from management layers above. I never heard from, talked with, or sent reports to the manager above mine. Likewise, there was no communication, strategy... anything...communicated from anywhere above my manager.

Project management processes are non-existent. Terrible lack in project planning, project documentation and project communication. No accountability for missed dates. With a few exceptions, project managers are very poor at actually "driving" projects.

Absolutely no career path, planning, or management. No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there. Annual performance planning was almost always blown off until the Fall of the year that we were planning for, and would immediately be outdated! It took 4 months to get moved over to a promotional job after I was hired.

A lot of silos everywhere. Countries and regions are siloed in terms of processes, tools, etc. Teams are siloed, and managers commonly refuse to work with one another to cooperate or develop processes.

Communicate...anything....something...just communicate.

It was real fun in the beginning

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time

Pros

They have a real good Benefits program.

Cons

They say they are all about Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction.
    In reality, management just wants to see the numbers.
    They have lost touch with the employees, especially the Field Engineers.

Senior management should take a hard look at the middle management.
    Seems to be a whole lot of chiefs and not alot of indians.

Heartlab, the product that did not really exist

Former Employee - Image Specialist
    Former Employee - Image Specialist

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Heartlab was basically a good image company that over extended itself with unfulfilled promises.

Cons

When sold to to Agfa, very few of the promises made to customers who had already purchased the product were not fulfilled. Most of the software promised was actually vaporware and did not exist. Agfa was duped in to buying product features that were not developed and were for the most part never going to be developed

When buying company, forget the hype and look at the customers

Continuous RIF's to make company look more profitable

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company car, decent pay and coworkers that stick together while leadership is nonexistent.

Cons

Employee morale is at an all time low with some of the most valued members actively looking to jump ship before the company sends them packing. It's gotten harder and harder to keep customers happy when we don't have enough resources or a clear vision on what we need to do to get the job done. Where is upper management? Employees are afraid to complain of being overworked because that seems to be the #1 cause to be placed on the next RIF list.

Get rid of upper management that are not contributing to the improvement of the company or their teams and hire experienced people. It's because of their poor leadership and decision making skills that we are all in the situation that we are in. When the chips are down, they are non existent and customers never see them.

Sad to see what is happening there.

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team in the field of exceptionally smart and loyal people. They care about their customers and always go that extra mile to get it done despite management shooting the company in the foot at every turn

Cons

Local, USA, management is worse than useless. They are reactive rather than proactive. They manage to a budget and think that the field and their customers don't know what they are up to. Policy is counter-intuitive and never makes sense. They continue to alienate customers with cutting staff, stopping parts so that what should be a one hour fix takes 2 days and continue to push bad product to be fixed in the field rather than deliver a rock of a product like they used to. One has to believe they are running the company down to sell it off.

Wake up and push back up stream when what you are told to do does not make sense. Retain and treat your employees like the valuable asset they are. Other companies are benefiting by hiring them away and treating them like the valuable parts of a team they are.

Worked for Agfa Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!