Aggreko

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Aggreko CEO Rupert Soames

Rupert Soames

nightmare.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnone. there are no pros with this company

Consrepressive, unhealthy culture. no work life balance. engineers with egos.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management.

Inspired in the start, but quickly became suffocated.

Technician (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIf you want hours, they have them.

Too big to fail.

Variety of equipment and jobsite scenarios.

Consvery clique oriented team of techs. If you dont't agree with the long timers they will slowly push you out the backdoor with support of middle management.

Pay raises are stagnant.

Very chaotic in how they handle parts.

Handheld time/parts system is trash, they know it, they refuse to accept it.

Bump caps, what a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the ground floor employees about issues on jobs/in shops instead of the filtered and politicised report given by lower/middle management.

Loved the company but management ran me out the door

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, opportunity for travel, continuous growth, provides a great service

ConsNorth America - Upper management refuses to address poor performing middle management. Continous loss of their most important asset - talent. Many very talented and bright people have left the company due to executive managment failing to address ineffective middle managers. The believe is that these managers have been there 15 yrs or more and are basically untouchable. The staff can be divided in two - Long timers and short timers. Not many fall into the middle.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to address some of your "tenured" management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Growing company that still needs to get it's act together

ProsGreat opportunities to work on new projects. Business is growing.

ConsNo personal life. Expected to work 24X7. Make wasteful decisions. Organization not very organized. Experience is not valued... "do as told"

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people.... not just the surveys.

Exciting place to work but quality of life is not good. Business demands sometimes require short-notice travel.

ProsLots of travel, sometimes exceeding 50% of the time. The company does well to take care of employees during business travel.

ConsShort notice travel for long periods of time wreaks havoc with family life.

Process engineering

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)

ProsAggreko is a safe workplace

ConsAggreko is a hard working place

Advice to Senior Managementimprovement in the training

It’s amazing to work with a company like Aggreko, under extreme pressure and specific targets

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Prosculture and benefits ,highly customer-focused and phrases such as 'can-do' and 'action-centred' capture the spirit.

ConsFeels like company doesn't recognizes the employees; right persons are not getting promoted or increment given & no work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees according to their experience & attitude to work and dedication .

Great company to work with.

Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ConsThere's never a dull moment, every day is a new challenge.

Good company to work with

Senior Position (Former Employee)

ProsCompany provides challanging environment being globally placed which gives opportunity to individuals to excel in their career. Employees have to struggle for business opportunities and they will get it.

ConsIndians are not given due Weightage as compared to Britishers and thereby less opportunities to rise. Compensations for Indians recruited in India, are also less.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should not only give chance to Indian employees but should also be given due importance and employees be paid adequately.

Learning Experience

ProsYoung Fast growing Company with scope for growth

ConsSome changes are not thought through and hastily implemented

Advice to Senior Managementtry to keep the growth up while maintaining employee satisfaction.

Worked for Aggreko? Contribute to the Community!