Aggreko USA Reviews

Updated June 5, 2014
3.1

Aggreko USA CEO Rupert C. Soames
Rupert C. Soames

Great People and Company to Work for...

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Aggreko USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of learning and future growth opportunities, Great Benefits, Great People, Exposure to lots of different fields...Such as working with oil and Gas, industrial, Chemical plants, Events(Olympics, etc.,.)

Cons

Multitasking, working on several things in the same priority line, dealing with venders issue, sales issues, billing issues, and customer issues...can be overwhelming sometimes.

Great Management team.

20+ years with Aggreko in North America.

I have been working at Aggreko USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has always treated me fairly and is very ethical in its dealings. The type of people that become successful at Aggreko are the ones who get great satisfaction from working on a 24/7 "first responder" type team. Aggreko thrives on helping customers who have emergency needs, or maybe even needs they didn't know they had. I have never seen a company that would go to the great lengths that Aggreko does to make sure a client is happy with our service...that is in our Culture. We have also had some great leaders over the past 20 years that drove this Culture.

Cons

Because we will double in revenue twice within a 10 year period, we have had to bring on a lot of new people who may not understand or like the Culture on which Aggreko was based (see Pros). These type of people usually do not last very long in the fast pace that Aggreko demands. We have also had to put a lot of process into place to deal with the growth which has been painful...but expected.

Quicker to fill open spots...we are still under-tooled in the people category. Work / Life balance needs to be a bigger goal. Address under-performance quicker as well.

Enjoyed working here for the most part

Current Employee - Service Tech III
    Current Employee - Service Tech III

I have been working at Aggreko USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay and good benifits chance to travel if you want. Good training program.

Cons

No work life balance in smaller shops, Iv'e been on call 75% on the time in the last 7 years, also lower management can't control there Techs. Have one tech that get paid fro 8 hours and is not even at the shop fro 8 hours, when working at shop employees sit in office 6-7 hours a day and management does nothing about it.

Upper management has no Ideal what goes on Area manager has not even been to our shop in over a year.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aggreko is trying to do it right

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Aggreko USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Progressive corporate principles.
    Aggreko is making big pushes to incorporate work-life balance, keeping employees healthy & happy, and rewarding people for staying with the company.

There is plenty of upward mobility if you do your job well and are willing to move. Especially on the Operations side.

Pay is at or above industry averages.

Most of my co-workers seem dedicated to the Company and each other.

Cons

High pressure, emergency response work environment, especially on Operations side (can be good or bad, depending on your weekend plans).
    High turnover in many positions.
    Operations folks often have to juggle numerous jobs due to turnover.
    Old boy network / nepotism exists.
    Unrealistic budget expectations for sales force.
    Shrinking commissions for sales force.

Run the other way

Former Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Houston, TX

I worked at Aggreko USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good non management people to work with.

Cons

Management ethics are a matter of convenience. HR backs up managers that lie. They feel that with Texas being an "at will state" they have no need to validate any reason for firing someone. When requesting meetings with HR management to resolve dispute issues, they ignore you.

Learn what Talent Management is, train your people on equal employment laws, and start over with your entire training and development team... they cannot even develop their own team, let alone others.

Be Careful...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Aggreko USA

Pros

Decent salary / benefits are offered.

Cons

Management is frequently out of touch with day-to-day work. Communication is sparse and often inaccurate or misleading. Promotions and raises are often based on favoritism, not skill or experience.

Employee well-being and the bottom line are not opposing goals.

A Mixed Bag

I worked at Aggreko USA

Pros

Competitive pay for technicians and salary for management. Decent benefits package. Opportunity for overtime for technicians and bonuses for management.
    Pay raises for technicians based upon qualifications and training.
    Very good in house training program for technicians.
    Tool allowance for technicians.
    Newly instituted personnel review system appears stronger then previous system, but failure on follow through and assistance will need to be judged.

Cons

Upper management is disconnected from middle management and day to day operations. While upper management has frequently commendable plans and views for the company, they are not communicated and carried out down the company into the rank and file.
    Poor communications intra-company. Infrequent updates of company long term plans, and when it does happen, follow through and push down into the company from upper management does not happen.
    IT support and equipment for technicians is rare.
    Limited in house training for management.
    Old management personnel review system was very weak and did not provide adequate feedback. No follow through on reviews.
    Overwhelming focus on the bottom line causes some managers to cut corners, leaving their employees on the front line exposed.

Better communication at all levels of the company would go a long way towards unifying the company. While good plans, views and intentions are good, they do not work unless they are pushed to permeate down the company into the rank and file.

Worked for Aggreko USA? Contribute to the Community!