Agility Logistics

Updated Mar 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Air and Ocean Import Manager/ Accounting Manager

Import Operations (Former Employee)
Carson, CA

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsProfessional, loyal, eager to always learn something new and great in training others. Always positive and team player

Consperhaps more updated computer skills

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways have the right tool for training for the team to always learn and improve, operational or customer service, award the team with small gifts of share lunch with them.

Get In, Get Out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time

ProsCompetitive pay. Work environment isn't entirely poisoned.

ConsLong hours, constant turnover, lack of management -- the usual complaints. When there is change, there is no commitment to enforce it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better sales strategy and coordination.

I obtained a great deal of knowledge for the logistics industry through my employment at Agility Logistics.

Imports (Former Employee)
Carson, CA

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Prosexcellent benefits and wages, insurance and health plans are good.

Consmanagements needs improvements. very political.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BEWARE OF FAVORITISM

Packing Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking in your own cubicle. Process documents and answering emails phone. As long as you completed your job they didn't care what you did

ConsDepending on what department or group you worked with means you have different rules depending on who you worked under. if the manager did not like you they would easily find something to let you go such as not answering an email. yes they go threw your emails. Depending on what department or group you worked with means you have different rules depending on who you worked under. If the manager did not like you they would easily find something to let you go such as not answering an email. yes they go threw your emails. I received no raises the whole 4 years I worked there even with good reviews. There is so many inconsistencies as a whole it makes it difficult to stream line things. If one department is in the red and another is making money they will take money out of a money making department and patch up a losing department like a band aid thus not making profits. Each costumer accounts have different rates thus leads to confusion between departments for errors. Expectation making it very difficult to take over if you don't know how the account is be operated or dealt with. If they just set up basic standard rates then every customer can have similar guidelines to follow therefor making it easy to learn and not so cumbersome.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach department acted as its own country. No one in other departments actually knows what your job duty and responsibility are therefore making it impossible a flawless service. Each department had its own process from A-Z thus making it difficult for a flawless transaction. Nothing is streamlined creating clerical errors to the highest level in terms of the actual daily operation. There was so many times I had to go back years old of old files and fixing errors from months and possibly years. Also a huge improvement is needed to oversee every manager for favoritism in the packing department. The manager will ask you to provide your password to your computer so they can check your emails and monitor communication between the customers email and active moving freight. The manager will make it mandatory for everyone to provide this info. Also I witnessed a team leader yelling and screaming at this employee which the employee was being polite and quiet and professional manor about something that needed clarified. Manager did nothing to stop the yelling from the team leader. Everyone in the building heard the co-motion and nothing was done. TO MUCH DRAMA no one could pay me enough to go back there.

The Best Freight Fowarder to work in Houston

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Agility Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsBest Company for Multicultural Women and moms
Friendly Workplace Environment

ConsNext to George Bush Airport, almost no places around for lunch.

Ocean Export Assistant

Ocean Export Assistant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsMost employees "In the trenches" are very nice people.

ConsVery Low starting salary. Low annual raise. No incentive bonus

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit having so many company parties and give employees what they really need-CASH MONEY

Not a

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- My supervisor was professional and excellent.
- International environment. Fun and easy-going colleagues

Cons- Job security is not good
- Frequent change in management
- Try to chase all kinds of business opportunities even though capabilities don't fit

Good pay, nice people and liked to go to work.

Key Account Coordinator (Former Employee)
Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Agility Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsLaid back atmosphere, not too much drama.

ConsTraining was terrible and non-informative.

Advice to Senior ManagementGOOD training for specific positions is needed.

Coordinator

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Agility Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsWork hours are very, very flexible; small office environment, overall good people to work with.

ConsNo work life balance, bad benefits package, no growth within the company or the positions. Management does not care about their employees at all! They are also facing a salary freeze!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and have some class!!!!

Recommended globally except for the US, as explained below

Cargo Sales (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Agility Logistics

ProsAlways made to feel "part of the team" with ideas respected, accepted, and acted upon. Excellent training programs and tools for getting the job done.

ConsSerious limitations and access to potential customers due to current legal problems with the US Government. Placed on "denied parties list" and therefore cannot be named on applications for export licenses, or engage in business with US Government or US Government prime contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementSettle the legal issues ASAP.

Worked for Agility Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agility Logistics reviews and ratings. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Agility Logistics employees.