Agilysys

Updated October 22, 2014
3.1

Agilysys President and Chief Executive Officer James H. Dennedy
James H. Dennedy

Pros
  • Good people in all offices working hard (in 3 reviews)

• I've had a great experience learning a lot and making lasting connections with so many great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has turned over three times in the last 6 years (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management has no clue what is going on at the field level (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An established and stable company builiding software for the hospitality industry

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is using new and exciting technology for it's product line. They've invested in all products and people and I see some great capabilities coming soon. The leadership is technology focused and have a strong drive to deliver new products and features to the market. I have access to training resources and projects to apply learnings. The culture in engineering is collaborative and I'm learning from my peers and contributing daily.

Cons

There is a strong drive to deliver products - this comes at a cost of workload at times but it's similar to other companies I've worked for in the software industry. Benefits could be better. Corporate is old school and moves slow. The nerf wars can be chaotic.

Need to provide better benefits.

Bellevue office is great

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In Bellevue we operate a bit differently. It feels like a startup.
    One we also have most of the technology senior leadership here so we're well-represented for not being at HQ.
    We have regular morale events.
    People are generally pretty friendly and dedicated to the cause
    I'm generally happy with my base pay

Cons

We have those short-walled cubes and are pretty packed in
    Not a lot of perks like MSFT or Goog or FB.
    Corp IT management is disorganized
    Benefits are just ok

I'm not very clear on how promotions happen even though I manage a team
    I'd love a healthcare plan option that's not high-deductible

Engineering SaaS offering to bringing the hospitality industry into the 21st century

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work in the Bellevue office where most of the core engineering is located. The team has a start-up environment feel - everything moves very fast. Smart / dedicated engineering team. Teams and individual are empowered to do the right thing, and held accountable for the quality of their work / contribution. Leadership is doing a good job of balancing / prioritizing investment in in-market product v. the vNext Saas offerings.

Cons

As with any start-up, the culture and processes is work-in-progress - needs to mature (in the right ways). We are "agile" - which translates to "we're not always sure what we are doing... but let's hurry up". The office is a bit out of the way (in Eastgate), bit drabby and getting crowded. There are way too many contractors v. FTE which impacts the office culture (and long term success).

Be more engaged with the people and culture - don't be so distant.

Incredibly incompetent leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Agilysys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting technology stack, If your interested in the hospitality business, the work in Bellevue spans the breadth of the companies Product offerings.

Cons

Zero work life balance.
    Leadership in Bellevue are all about covering their own incompetence and will throw anyone under the bus to maintain the illusion.
    Lots of turnover
    Terrible benefits.

Fire the leadership team in Bellevue. Stop treating the staff like you own them. Own your mistakes. The folks in Georgia should pay better attention given the amount of money is being spent.