Ahead

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel Adamany

You will work hard, be challenged, and will work alongside a group of smart and driven people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYour ideas and opinions are not only heard but welcomed. Management is constantly brainstorming for ideas on how to keep morale high and how to reward hard work. Despite the rapid growth, the company still has a We Are Family feel. Management talks the talk and walks the walk by abandoning their traditional executive offices and sitting in open cubes with the rest of the company.

ConsIt is not perfect; no company is. Managers are still learning to manage, but the good news is that they're always striving to improve and are always open to feedback. It's still a start-up at heart, which means there are a lot of moving parts and constant change, which isn't necessarily a bad thing; it can just take some getting used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating openly and genuinely to the entire company.

One BIG mess!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSome decent leadership, but not in the right places. Those that were there in the beginning will stay.

ConsThere are too many cons to mention. Great people are flying out the door. Culture is crumbling. Leadership is all talk about change. I'll be surprised if they can overcome the mess they've made this last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the right things. Foster and mentor good talent instead of playing favorites and participating in corporate politics. To Mr. Adamany - ACT like you SAY you want others to act and maybe people would trust you.

Stay Away

ProsIf you're an engineer on the consulting half of the house, this is a good place to work. Great for sales too. Sales and salesmen are the only things they reward.

ConsOver 10 people have left or bern fired in the last 3 months. That's almost 10 percent of the workforce. From what I've seen, this is not a good place for women to work. There is a fraternity type mentality from the original "clansmen" and whether male or female, if they don't like you, you won't do well here. Mood and direction changes constantly, with little or no follow up on previous initiatives.

Compensation is out of whack. Salesmen make a ton, the rest of the departments are overworked, understaffed and underpaid.

Executive management is narrow minded, but talks as if they're open to new ideas. Just make sure you don't voice anything negative. HR is untrustworthy, sharing salary information and private conversations with inappropriate people.

Overall culture is gossipy and trust exists in small groups only.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't listen anyway, but they would pretend to. They're all sales guys so that's what they do... sell internally, but don't deliver.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is lots of diversity in technologies to deliver along with the clients that I worked with. The sales team is incredibly technical and smart. The management team is always looking for ways to improve the customer experience and improve the talent pool for its employees. Lastly, fast paced and rarely boring.

ConsThere are not any cons that are significant. There is a risk that they are very dependent on the relationship with EMC but the relationship with EMC is very strong and they were awarded partner of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Sky's the Limit

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAbility to work with top talent in the industry
    Ability to learn, grow and advance career
    Good work/life balance

ConsCommunication can be fuzzy but it's moving in the right direction
    Some departments feel very siloed and disconnected

Hard working, fast paced environment with high standards and expectations.

Services (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsNever ending learning experience, great company culture, strong values, future focused, convenient location and plenty of opportunities for professional growth.

ConsThe lack of communication and clarity between team members can be frustrating.

If you're a hardworking person who excels in a fast paced environment, you will enjoy AHEAD

Consulting Services (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork-life balance
    Access to latest technologies
    No micromanagement

ConsNo 401K matching at this time

Intense, highly competitive work environment.

Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe Engineering staff, both pre sales and post sales are some of the best in the industry.

ConsAhead is an overly sales driven organization. This has the propensity to create (and has created) conflict where conflict need not be.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust in your employees. You hired them, for the most part know what they are doing. They are where the rubber meets the road and their feedback should be valued.

Great company to work for that hires very talented individuals

Technical Architect (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAbove average compensation, talented staff, strong leadership team.

ConsFamily benefits are not that great.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Small company struggles

ProsGreat compensation for sales and engineers, both pre and post.
    Great vendor relationship with commercial EMC helping drive revenue goals.
    Talented technical resources.

ConsPoor vision limits ability for company to continue growth, i.e. invested a lot of money in consulting arm that in 2 years has failed to produce measurable results.
    Struggles to scale within accounts due to poor vendor relationships outside of commercial EMC.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Ahead? Contribute to the Community!