Ai Signal Research

Add Photos

Anthony Jones

Good company.

Clerical (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsCommunicates well. Human Resources is excellent.

ConsNeed to get permission before moonlighting.

Has been satisfying job experience overall

ProsChristmas Bonus, autonomy in getting my job done, lack of micro- managers

ConsSome processes are weak regarding follow through and program management

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone is your friend that doesn't mean they are the best choice to move your business forward.

Company could use some management

Engineering Technician (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsPay is competitive and there is a Christmas bonus every year. Low expectations. There are very few other cons out on the Army base. I hear that the corporate office is a nice place to work and that there is a lot of concern for worker happiness, however that doesn't translate out to the testing areas.

ConsCompany is just dying for some management with experience that isn't just "been there for a long time". Micro management, a gov't contractor with the inability to stand up for their people at least in the Huntsville, AL market.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is time to employ some leadership with actual backgrounds and education that would support managing 30 plus people. Just leading a maintenance or mechanical crew for 20 years doesn't fulfill the requisite knowledge for strategic planning and initiative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok job with mediocre pay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGreat casual work environment with good people. There are a few bad eggs in management that can really ruin your day alot but I guess you can have that anywhere.

ConsPay is only mediocre for the work done. I've seen several people take on new positions with double the responsiblity and still remain at the same pay rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen offering someone a new position be honest about what the pay for that position is. If someone takes on a new position with more responsibilty pay them accordingly.
    When promoting someone into management, take a good look at their people skills first and get them some training if necessary. You can potentially loose a lot of good employees when you make a manager out of someone with a big head and poor people skills.

The experience was very pleasant from the Corporate office...the onsite management needs developing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsThe problems we were giving were challenging and complex to solve.
    Space is a very dangerous environment and the attention to safety is one that I appreciate.
    Being a part of America's space program was worthwhile and fulfilling to my personal values.

ConsMarshall Space Flight Center has a reputation for shooting the messenger when information is contrary to the prevailing wisdom.
    The MSFC culture is conflict averse, so there are requirements that may meet individual needs at the cost of organizational effectiveness.
    Occasionally, there were meetings where I was under a microscope not on my work but on my "tone" or "style." There were lectures without earnest attempts to clarify the issues or the make corrections to actual behaviors.

Advice to Senior ManagementASRI should periodically require the on-site management team take 360 leadership assessments from the people they manage, so these folks can get feedback through an anonymous process...see comment about shooting the messenger.

Worked for Ai Signal Research? Contribute to the Community!