Ai Signal Research

1 Rating

Good company.

Former Employee - Clerical in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Clerical in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Ai Signal Research full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Communicates well. Human Resources is excellent.

Cons

Need to get permission before moonlighting.

Has been satisfying job experience overall

I have been working at Ai Signal Research as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Christmas Bonus, autonomy in getting my job done, lack of micro- managers

Cons

Some processes are weak regarding follow through and program management

Just because someone is your friend that doesn't mean they are the best choice to move your business forward.

Company could use some management

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Ai Signal Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive and there is a Christmas bonus every year. Low expectations. There are very few other cons out on the Army base. I hear that the corporate office is a nice place to work and that there is a lot of concern for worker happiness, however that doesn't translate out to the testing areas.

Cons

Company is just dying for some management with experience that isn't just "been there for a long time". Micro management, a gov't contractor with the inability to stand up for their people at least in the Huntsville, AL market.

It is time to employ some leadership with actual backgrounds and education that would support managing 30 plus people. Just leading a maintenance or mechanical crew for 20 years doesn't fulfill the requisite knowledge for strategic planning and initiative.

Ok job with mediocre pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Ai Signal Research

Pros

Great casual work environment with good people. There are a few bad eggs in management that can really ruin your day alot but I guess you can have that anywhere.

Cons

Pay is only mediocre for the work done. I've seen several people take on new positions with double the responsiblity and still remain at the same pay rate.

When offering someone a new position be honest about what the pay for that position is. If someone takes on a new position with more responsibilty pay them accordingly.
    When promoting someone into management, take a good look at their people skills first and get them some training if necessary. You can potentially loose a lot of good employees when you make a manager out of someone with a big head and poor people skills.

The experience was very pleasant from the Corporate office...the onsite management needs developing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Ai Signal Research

Pros

The problems we were giving were challenging and complex to solve.
    Space is a very dangerous environment and the attention to safety is one that I appreciate.
    Being a part of America's space program was worthwhile and fulfilling to my personal values.

Cons

Marshall Space Flight Center has a reputation for shooting the messenger when information is contrary to the prevailing wisdom.
    The MSFC culture is conflict averse, so there are requirements that may meet individual needs at the cost of organizational effectiveness.
    Occasionally, there were meetings where I was under a microscope not on my work but on my "tone" or "style." There were lectures without earnest attempts to clarify the issues or the make corrections to actual behaviors.

ASRI should periodically require the on-site management team take 360 leadership assessments from the people they manage, so these folks can get feedback through an anonymous process...see comment about shooting the messenger.