Aidells

GREAT Company

Former Employee - Sales Demonstrator in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Demonstrator in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Aidells part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, product sold it self, and the hourly pay, commission was excellent for part time work.

Cons

Supervisor was not management material, lacked sales and business building experience. Never available when needed.

Hire more experienced managers for your Event Specialists, managers who are sales driven and have team management skills as well as relationship building with both their team members and Store management.

Strong start up California Company

Current Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Aidells part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great compnay that really takes care of their employees and sets them up with all the supplies needed for the job. Great job while getting my education.

Cons

With a supervisor almost 300 miles away, a sense of "not being a part of the company" comes into account.

Not bad for the job

Former Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Aidells part-time (more than a year)

Pros

People you interact with are happy to see you
    Usually a couple other demonstrators around so you can figure out better ways to sell
    Lots of coupons and suggestions that you buy the product you are sampling to better sell it

Cons

Lugging all the equipment around
    Setup, Teardown
    If you fall too far below the average sales for the store, you get a mass e-mail reminding you about selling and the point of demonstrating

It would be nice if the supervisors were more direct in speaking with you. One time a girls couldn't find me in the store because I was on break, instead of just saying that, I got a call from her boss generally inquiring on how I was , etc. Then the girl popped up like half an hour later, like I was looking for you. I'm like that's weird, because you walked right past me the first time you came so I don't know why you missed me. Another supervisor took her job too seriously, sending me several e-mails requiring confirmation, etc.

Pay is okay, could use better management

Current Employee - Demostrator in Saugus, MA
    Current Employee - Demostrator in Saugus, MA

I have been working at Aidells part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay and training is good. In dependency.

Cons

Weekends, mix ups, mileage reimbursement only after 50 miles round trip.

Great part-time product demonstration gig

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aidells part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- The starting hourly wage ($14/hr in most places) is in-line with the work demanded of employees.
    - There are paid quarterly safety meetings with free dinner (mileage paid as well).
    - Speaking of mileage, mileage over 50 roundtrip is paid at ~.445 cents per extra mile.
    - Bosses are never breathing down your neck.
    - Great bonuses if you work hard ($20 a day in bonuses is definitely doable).
    - Bonuses at Costco are even better. The scale for Costco bonuses is tiered: $2/hr, $3/hr, or $5/hr extra!
    - Costco leads get $2/hr extra.
    - Every 6 months demonstrators have the chance to (not so tough) test and get a .50c raise. Caps at $2.
    - Take your break whenever you want. 15-minute paid break for demos. Two 15-minute paid breaks @ Costco.
    - Talking to people (if you enjoy that).

Cons

- Eaters/haters/bad customers. Patience is a virtue.
    - Some days, you just are going to get shafted with a lot to sell in a not so busy store. It happens.
    - Carrying around your kit everywhere is annoying.
    - Cleaning your gear. This has to be the number one complaint I hear from other demonstrators.
    - It can be awkward when your new and you have to call over people from across the store.
    - It's basically sales. Aidell's sets quotas and while it isn't mandatory to meet, you will suddenly find yourself being scheduled less and less if you are frequently missing them.
    - You MUST tell everyone that you sample to about the food allergens in the food (dairy, gluten in some) or you could lose your job if someone unknowingly eats something they are allergic to (or religiously against).
    - Job duties may vary by area because of the nature of the retail industry.

I think management does a great job in the South East. I can't really think how it could be improved. Singling out your stars (in public and in private) definitely boosts morale.

Things change fast...

Former Employee - Demonstrator in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Demonstrator in Sonora, CA

I worked at Aidells part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay $14
    Mileage .445 cents over 50 miles round trip
    No out of pocket usually

Cons

Tyson brought out Hillshire Brands
    Most employees are noticing the changes
    September is the official merger date
    I've had 5 managers in 1 year
    My hours got cut from 25 days to 2 day a month
    No positive reinforcement
    New sales specialist is lazy
    I used to love my job
    My DM could care less

Look into what's happen with demonstrators, upper management is talking advantage of perks and not doing their job. Sad to see such an awesome company fall to pieces.

Lack of leadership

Former Employee - Demostrator in Moline, IL
    Former Employee - Demostrator in Moline, IL

I worked at Aidells part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay isn't bad and the product is terrific. Uniforms are supplied along with most of your demo kit.

Cons

Our regional manager had a territory in Iowa and Illinois that covered nearly 300 miles in all directions with no assistance so obviously spread out which meant there was very little time for training and guidance. This undoubtedly led to many problems such as said manager was nearly 40 minutes late to my interview. The hours were mostly weekends and a bit too long at that. Having to put up with crabby store personnel didn't help. Changes were made to the schedule on-line and without so much as a phone call.

Your running managers ragged with the amount of territory you give them. No wonder why people don't show up or just quit.

Excellent Opportunity for Development in Sales

Current Employee - Lead Demonstrator
    Current Employee - Lead Demonstrator

I have been working at Aidells part-time (more than a year)

Pros

My supervisor, is one of the nicest guys I know, he is flexible and is there for you when you need something. Is kind and gives correction in a way that is impactful without insulting intelligence.
    The hours are great and I love what Im giving to people so its a win win for both Aidells and me. If I don't believe in it than I cant sell it.

Cons

They've cut all part time employees hours and hired a new Sales Specialist for our area. Changes are coming and they don't look good. Lack of production this summer and lack of demos, create hardship. This new issue is difficult for me to consider staying if I am unable to find another part time job that fits a healthy lifestyle.

More territorys and sales specialist are needed.

Retail Sales Demo Specialist

Current Employee - Retail Demo Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Demo Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Aidells part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great part-time job with much flexibility. Immediate boss is quite responsive. Pay is quite good compared to other demo companies. Only complaint is that Aidells should pay mileage.

Cons

Management does not give us enough marketing materials or information as to what is happening with the company in regards to new products.

It would be great to receive marketing materials such as recipe cards to handout at demos.

It was a great job. Got to meet a lot of people by demonstrating this product

Former Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Part Time Food Demonstrator in Salem, OR

I worked at Aidells part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Meeting the customers and educating them on the product

Cons

long hours and standing a long time

keep up the good work