AimLoan.com
www.aimloan.com San Diego, CA 50 to 149 Employees

AimLoan.com Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2014
AimLoan.com – “Donations/Community Involvement”

Vince Kasperick

Work load tough but manageable most days

I have been working at AimLoan.com for more than a year

ProsThe employees here are great and you form great bonds within the department as experience and information is shared. Aimloan is great about hiring people who are trying to get their foot in the door in the mortgage industry while others require years of experience and they start you off with great training opportunities. The best part is that for every loan that closes within the quarter, a dollar amount per loan is given to a charity that is chosen by the employees and you feel like you are truly giving to the community every time you close a loan.

ConsThe work can be stressful based on the amount of loans you are working on and the difficulty of the particular loan, but what job isn’t stressful. The constant variation of this industry makes it hard to know what days you will be very busy and which days you will be rather slow, but that comes with the industry and not just faced at Aimloan.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on training and make sure training is available for everyone. There is sometimes miscommunication amongst the different departments, but if training is done for all the departments this should help prevent the miscommunication. It would also be great to consider the opinions and thoughts of the lower level employees to understand what it is they need to get through and done on a daily basis.

Great place to enter into and grow in the mortgage industry!

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAimLoan provides a great opportunity for those new to the mortgage industry to get in with limited experience and expand on their constantly growing knowledge. With hard work and a will to learn, AimLoan creates continuous room for growth and advancement. It is a rewarding career that helps provide a better financial future for their customers and associates alike.

AimLoan offers a casual work environment but still provides high customer service and a strong professional image. Management is hands on and available for guidance but promotes employees to work independently or with their peers to address and find solutions for day to day issues.

AimLoan is also very committed to community service. Each year they nominate and contribute to four local charities, foundations or non-profits in the San Diego area (and typically donate to the runners up each year too). AimLoan is also the main sponsor for the San Diego Blues Festival which benefits the San Diego Food Bank.

A few other great features are the employee health benefits, 401K plan and contribution matching offered!

ConsHours can be long but if you've been in the mortgage industry long, you know this just comes with the territory. As the industry continues to move away from the meltdown of the late 2000s, updates and changes are constant; it can be difficult to stay on top of all of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the avenues of discussion open with all levels of employees to not only better the overall product for the customer but for the associates as well.

It is both challenging and rewarding, all of the employees are great.

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers, benefits, compensation, flexibility (if you need to leave early/come in late)

ConsCan be stressful depending on the amount of loans that you have, difficult borrowers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing training opportunities and promoting internally

Coworkers are great but some of the supervisors aren't so great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at AimLoan.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat coworkers. There was free soda, coffee and fruit. They sponsor a lot of events and give back to the community.

ConsThey had a huge lay off that no one was expecting and they laid off people that were there for almost 5 years and kept people that weren't there as long so they didn't have to pay them as much. At one point, everyone had to work a ton of overtime because the work load was too much. Some people were working 12 hour days Monday-Friday plus they had to come in on the weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees happy and don't get rid of your faithful employees.

Opportunity and Growth

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAimloan opens the door and gives the opportunity to individuals who are ready to start their career or gain experience in the mortgage industry. Not only does Aimloan have a very friendly working environment, but they also donate a portion of each funded loan to a non-profit organization chosen by the employees each quarter. Furthermore, Aimloan offers a matching 401k plan.

ConsThe constant fluctuation of the mortgage industry creates frequent uncertain work loads. A typical day can be extemely busy to the point where you are expected to work a couple of hours of overtime per day, or it can be extremely slow to the point where downsizing is necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen the suggestions of the employees.

Grow with the company

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAimLoan offers associates coming into the industry with no experience a chance to learn the mortgage business and grow with the company. The company is also very active in community service and involvement. The benefits and insurance packages are very reasonable as well.

ConsAs with any job, when the company is busy, there can be long hours to try and get caught up. However management does notice those individuals who work hard and put in effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve the other associates as well when it comes to making major decisions that will affect the whole company.

Challenging and rewarding.

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt’s a great way for inexperienced workers that are self motivated and goal oriented to get their foot in the door. It’s a great way to learn about the mortgage industry and get paid well doing it. Most positions get a base hourly salary and commission on top of that. Benefits are also a plus. If you can meet or exceed the company’s goals, you can do very well with this company. AimLoan is also very active in the community and has a quarterly charity it allows the employees choose who to donate to.

ConsNo surprise to the industry there are big fluctuations in the market. When it’s busy, expect to work a lot of hours and have a higher expectation of work load. This might not be for everyone, but you get paid very well in the busy times. Also, in the mortgage industry as whole, there are never ending changes. That’s no different here at AimLoan. If you want a stagnant work style, this isn’t the place for you. You’ve got to be ready to roll with the punches and keep on getting up.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on training and continuing education. Your employees are your best asset. Get them more involved in the decision making processes. Management isn’t always aware of the day to day trials and tribulations and needs to get all the knowledge they can from their employees to make better decisions. I would recommend semi yearly or quarterly reviews rather than annual reviews due to the many changes that are constantly going on.

Great way to learn the industry

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than a year

ProsAs a newbie coming right out of college I had zero experience in the professional workforce. For many that is a tough place to be as most companies require a number of years experience before they will even consider you as a potential candidate. However, AimLoan was receptive to my lack of experience and agreed to hire and train me! This is rare to find, but greatly appreciated. For those companies out there requiring experience I ask, how do you expect one to get experience if you won’t give them a chance! Thanks to AimLoan I have been able to obtain experience and work for a company who believes in advancing their employees. Aim is good about promoting from within, but hires from outside the company when necessary. This is important because the company is relatively small; if the CEO did not hire from within there would be little to no room to advance in the company, thus promotions would inevitably be off the table.

As an advocate for community involvement, I was intrigued by AimLoan’s overwhelming involvement in donating to charity and community events. For every loan that is funded, AimLoan donates $20. Believe it or not, $20 adds up quick; some quarters AimLoan is donating $60-90,000 of its profits to charity! In addition to donating to local charities quarterly, AimLoan participates in many community events and encourages their employees to do the same. I can appreciate a company who takes community involvement seriously and selects employees who share the same values. Having the sense of being heard, involved and informed can greatly increase employee morale and job satisfaction.

ConsLet’s be honest, no company or job is perfect. Many of us have high expectations which lead us to see more of the negative than the positive. With that being said, AimLoan is no exception. Internal policies tend to change often and change abruptly. Though it is pertinent to organizational success to mold to the changing standards of the mortgage industry, internal policies should relatively remain consistent (within reason). Inconsistency lowers morale and leaves employees feeling a lack of job security. Because of that reason precisely I have witnessed AimLoan lose some great employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the constant change in the mortgage industry and the need for change I would suggest that management consider their lower level employees in decision making. Involving employees in decision making at all levels of the organization increase employee morale and employee commitment to the organization. When employees feel their choices affect the companies well-being, employees are more likely to have higher performance levels and embrace the organizations success as their own. Additionally, when change in policy is required employees will not feel blind-sided and would be more receptive to change.

Be a Team Player

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time for more than a year

ProsAimLoan.com has a great support system of co-workers within each individual department. Each department has certain goals that they work towards and are (for the most part) broken up into "teams" to help reach this goal. Working in a team setting such as this helps to work through questions or issues that may arise throughout the process, coworkers are able to bounce ideas/questions off of each other. The teams are split up evenly based on experience with the company. This helps new associates work closely with those who have been with the company longer and have a solid understanding of the guidelines. Weekly meetings are held with the department managers and their teams to discuss any new changes, questions or concerns that employees may have. The department managers also do a weekly review one on one with their team members to discuss the status of their loans and see if any assistance is needed.

In addition to an amazing support team within the individual departments, AimLoan.com maintains a casual work environment, has quarterly catered lunches and makes a generous donation to charities at each quarterly meeting. At the beginning of each year the company as a whole votes on 4 Charaties that they would like to support for the year. At the end of each quarter Aimloan.com donates to the charity chosen for that quarter based on how many loans were funded.

ConsThe mortgage industry is constantly changing, guidelines change frequently which helps to create a fun competitive work environment. In order to keep up with the change in industry benefits change as well, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. However, change in the industry is to be expected when you work in a career that is unpredictable such as the housing/finance market.

The separate departments within the company work more against each other than they do with each other. It is easier to push work off on the next department then assist them. Each individual department has their own goals they work towards each month and in order to reach that goal sometimes the work isn't completed as thoroughly as it should be before being passed to the next department.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage departments in the company to work together towards a common goal, it seems that the different departments don't work together as much as they should, instead they work against each other. By encouraging the departments to work together on loans and giving everyone the same common goal it will help boost moral within the office as well as see the results desired within the company.

Hard work pays off!

I have been working at AimLoan.com full-time

ProsI have been with the company for five years and want to be here until I retire. I had no idea I would find myself in the mortgage industry until I found AimLoan. It is not an easy job, but that makes it more fulfilling. The company values hard work and rewards associates who take responsibility for their own growth. You can move up quickly at AIM just by staying focused and dedicated.

Change is unavoidable. Guidelines, regulations, and technology continue to evolve, and with them so must we. To think AIM should stay the same is shortsighted. I wouldn't want to work at a company that is unable adapt to the world around it.

Management listens. I have not always agreed with the changes implemented by the management team, but when I felt strongly enough about it I spoke up and they delivered. AimLoan is a place where you don't have to feel like a small cog in a big machine. You matter, and your opinion matters.

The company recognizes it isn't perfect and turns to its associates for guidance. There will always be some who disagree with the changes, but we are all working toward the same goal. We provide a great product and truly help people on a daily basis.

The associates make this place feel like a family. There is always someone you can turn to for help. There are great support systems in each department, which makes coming to work enjoyable.

The president is heavily involved in the community and encourages all associates to participate as well. We donate a portion of every closed loan to a community service campaign each quarter, and contribute to other organizations throughout the year. I am proud to work for a company that gives back even when volumes and profits decrease.

AimLoan has been around since 1998. It has weathered multiple mortgage meltdowns because it does business the right way. It will be be in business a long time.

If you want to work for a company that encourages you to challenge yourself, doesn't micromanage, promotes within, listens to your input, and gives back to the community, you should apply to AimLoan.

ConsAimLoan does not micromanage its associates. You work independently and are responsible for meeting your own deadlines. The company places a lot of trust in its associates' ability to do the job right. If you need a structured environment with lots of one-on-one attention, this company may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to associates' input and implement important changes sooner. Prioritize moving to the new building to boost morale.

Worked for AimLoan.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AimLoan.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AimLoan.com CEO Vince Kasperick . All 25 reviews posted anonymously by AimLoan.com employees.