Aimco Apartment Homes Reviews

Reset
4.0
Aimco Apartment Homes Chairman, President, and CEO Terry Considine
Terry Considine

Pros
  • work life balance, rent discount, leadership (in 3 reviews)

• Great benefits and company culture (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance is very poor (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is clueless and unethical (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Team Oriented

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very upbeat teams around the Country that work hard and support each other. Given the ability to work independently. Very fair to employees benefit wise. Aimco is very driven by it's supportive core and values. We live each day with Gusto! I love working at Aimco!

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning - cannot complain

Aimco Apartment Homes Response

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

Thank your for taking the time to share your thoughts. We do Live with Gusto and are happy that you do, too!

2. My Company

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very structured company. If there's ever something you don't know how to do, someone has written it down and created a guide for it, you just have to ask. Salaries are competitive, the work is challenging enough to keep you engaged at all times and there are more talented people than I've seen in one place.

Aimco also makes it much easier to get time face to face with the leadership than you'll find anywhere outside of a very small business. There is also a big focus on company values, which allows me to be more passionate about the people I work for.

Cons

Change is a constant and a lot of people will come and go for a lot of different reasons. Some personal, some work quality, some in pursuit of greener grass. Aimco believes in working with its team members to improve them but unfortunately, they'll do this beyond what would seem to be prudent with certain team members while others are blown out very quickly. At the management level, particularly community manager, it's a very volatile position and people come and go regularly. The flip side to that is regular opportunity for advancement and if you really learn the job and do it well, you'll be tapped to move up.

Advice to Management

Put in a better system for reviewing specific pieces of the management chain. While Aimco is open to feedback, the individuals who need criticism don't get it because the people who are most equipped to provide it don't want to speak up for fear of reprisals which may not exist but are a concern.

3. accounting

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Corporate culture. Fair pay scale.

Cons

Health insurance expensive for coverage offered

Exciting place to work!

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Dynamic, passionate and engaged team members make this a great place to work; while there is never a dull moment, my colleagues thrive on continuously trying to figure out what they can do better while still taking time to celebrate and recognize milestones, growth and progress. I've been blessed with several senior leaders taking the time to meet with and mentor me in various areas; this has helped my knowledge growth, but more importantly, my leadership growth. As with any family, we have opportunities and times where things don't go according to plan; but knowing the character, resolve, kindness and determination of those I work with means we're nimble enough get through it and learn along the way. ~Jacqui

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated and driven, this probably isn't the company for you...

6. Great team and culture

Current Employee - Senior LE in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior LE in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team members; culture; integrity of senior management;

One of the most collegial and collaborative senior management teams I have seen in action. The culture is healthy and vibrant.

Cons

Sometimes the focus is more at the corporate teams than the field teams. Do not forget the field folks are the ones that impact customers on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Maintain a focus on the field teams.

7. Long Term

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture and values are actually working. Great atmosphere and very friendly environment

Cons

Low compensation and below-average benefits package

8. Aimco

Current Employee - Vice President in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aimco is a phenomenal company whose senior leadership embraces our culture and inspires us to live our core values of integrity, respect, collaboration, customer focus and performance culture. Aimco provides us with service hours each year to work for non-profit organizations in our areas to show our care and commitment to our surrounding areas. I can honestly recommend Aimco as a great place to work that gives you an opportunity to make a difference each day.

Cons

Aimco is always looking for a better way to serve our customers so you need to be able to adapt to change.

Aimco is a great place to build a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

In the 5 years I've been at Aimco, I've seen the company grow and change into a phenomenal organization. We have a strong Culture that is felt throughout the company and a leadership team that truly supports team member growth.

Cons

We have reorganized quite a bit over the years and have cut headcount significantly. While we are in growth mode, it would be nice to see our head count grow a little. Especially in support roles and departments.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on our Mission, Vision, Values, and Culture!

Heading in the right direction

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

You will be working with some of the best people here at Aimco. Culture is everything! You are given the opportunities to push yourself as a team member or manager to learn new skills and take on challenging assignments.

Cons

- Hourly team members work a variable schedule, which means they are only able to work 35 hours a week. No 40 hour work week. How is it that field is held to this standard, but the corporate hourly team members are not?
    - Aimco only matches 1% of our 401k contribution
    - Lack of work/life balance
    - Pride ourselves on being a lean organization, which is the excuse of why someone can’t do something

Advice to Management

We are striving to be the best. To be the best then, we must be the best operator and employer. We know what we are doing to be the best operator, but I haven't heard how Aimco is going to be the best employer. What types of changes can we expect to see in 2016 to show that Aimco wants to be the BEST employer?

Knowledgable-Opourtunity-Team players-Profesional

Current Employee - Turn Overs/Make Ready Technician
    Current Employee - Turn Overs/Make Ready Technician

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Knowledgeable staff, great opportunities, room for growth, Friendly, style, technologically inclined

Cons

Need more staff and structured daily routines its chaos and wild uncontrolled and not a consistent busines

Advice to Management

Some structure is needs established and some needs re-structured, work orders should be classified upon common trades .. Plumbing electrical, lighting, masonry/construction, painting/drywall, and odd and ends. Each technician should be given strictly all plumbing and others so on, and switch it up daily. Also the grouping of buildings and the ALERT or importance level low to high should be grouped and divided individually ... Worked well at previous companies for year. Management and maintenance went hand in hand :)

RSS Feed </> Embed