Aimco Apartment Homes Reviews

1. Working for Aimco

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Aimco provides great pay and great benefits

Cons

There are times that upper management will not converse with anyone at the site level. I feel that if someone would actually listen to staff at the site level it would be better employee retention.

Advice to Management

To be as honest as possible and stop leading employees to believe in things that will never happen.

2. I give Aimco a 5!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open and honest feedback, do the right thing, recognize people throughout the organization, highly competitive, striving to achieve top results among each other and against our peers. The SSC leads the way in Aimco culture and sets the bar for providing World Class Customer Service. It is so rewarding to work for an organization that cares for their team, personally and professionally

Cons

Some employees are required to use or lose all vacation hours over 40 at the end of the year. It would be nice if this were consistent throughout the company. Some employees can carry over all unused vacation hours.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, continue to appreciate all the dedication and hard work that Aimco employees give every day.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

We are thrilled to read your positive comments about your experience with Aimco. We do recognize open and honest feedback all around. Let’s continue to keep our focus on World Class customer ... More

3. Real Estate Accounting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes (More than 10 years)

Pros

So many talented teammates, all willing to challenge each other and succeed as a whole. I thrive when everyone pulls for each other instead of being focused on individual success. We're a progressive organization, never standing on our past successes, but rather seeking out new opportunities to raise the bar.

Cons

All my thoughts around working for Aimco are positive.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation and set the example outlined in our cultural values.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

We truly appreciate your review on Aimco. We strive to Drive Innovation and Change and hope that you continue to help us do that!

5. Proud to work for Aimco

Current Employee - Corporate Team Member in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Team Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am proud to work at Aimco and it just keeps getting better! When I joined Aimco 5 years ago, it was a good company to work for. I loved my team, but the company culture wasn't anything to brag about. About a year into my career, our leadership team started focusing on Aimco's team members and our culture and everything has changed. Aimco has turned itself around and our culture is our heart. We live and breathe it every day. We work differently and we are all passionate about our careers and what more we can do to make Aimco even better. We are a stronger, smarter and more collaborative. I love working at Aimco, because I can do so much with my role and have the ability to be innovative and think differently while still contributing to the bottom line.

Cons

Aimco has downsized tremendously in order to accomodate our new business strategy. This downsizing made sense the first few years, but now it feels like we continue to downsize and team members are left with very little bandwidth and a lot more work. We have a strong team of people that work at Aimco that are willing to give it there all, but at some point, these people will start to burn out.

Advice to Management

We are doing so much more as a company, I would like to see our budgets grow a bit as well rather than get cut.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

We are proud you work for Aimco too! We are focused on performing well as an organization and take pride in our Cultural attributes to help drive that performance. If you have any other suggestions ... More

6. Aimco is great to work for!

Current Employee - Multi-Site Community Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Multi-Site Community Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

The Core Values and the support from all leadership is amazing! Senior Leadership is always available for you. Love Aimco!

Cons

Low staff levels at times.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for your review about Aimco and your thoughts on our Values!

7. Great place, strong focus on employee culture

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Aimco has many seasoned staff members who help share the work when we're all under a tight deadline. The strong sense of community within the organization, among the staff members, as well as externally with the neighborhood and city is really wonderful. At this company, I actually agree with management and leadership when they say their people are their greatest asset.

Cons

There's a bit of a disconnect between the different regional offices. It would be great to have the sense of community shared across state lines, rather than just within each individual office.

Advice to Management

Perhaps provided an opportunity for all staff to get together annually?

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

YOU are our greatest asset! We appreciate that you recognize that and shared you thoughts with us

8. Overall - very good company!!

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes

Pros

Company takes serious the commitment to respect and customer service.

Cons

Sometimes things get busy, but management seems to understand work-life balance well.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

We appreciate your positive feedback! We also love our training and development programs such as Leading Edge, that help our team members become leaders!

9. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely enjoy working for such a great company. Everyone is so friendly, the company's goals and objectives are directly related to the Core Values and Culture. All the team members, work together and create this wonderful place to work!

Cons

I have worked for Aimco for 8 months and have not come across anything that has not made me happy. Changing my employer was the best decision I have made thus far in my career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The time spend developing the talent of the company is astonishing. Leading Edge and Eagle's Flight are great programs that other companies should invest in.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

What a wonderful review for a wonderful place to work! We couldn’t agree more!

10. Aimco is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Good compensation
    -Casual attire
    -Opportunities to grow and learn

Cons

-health benefit cost way more expensive compared to other companies
    -Greenville office doesn't get same treatment/perks as Denver office

Advice to Management

Find ways to make other offices feel they are equally as special as Denver so resentment does not occur

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Aimco. We love to hear how we are doing both positively as well as in areas where we can grow as a company. If you would like to talk further ... More

11. Aimco really cares about becoming a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aimco Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Aimco for over five years, and every day I find new challenges to conquer. It is exciting to be a part of a team that truly cares about making a difference, both to our residents and the communities we serve. Every day is different, and the work I do is very rewarding and fulfilling.

Cons

As with most publicly traded organizations, Aimco is very budget conscious. We have downsized dramatically over the years, and those that remain after layoffs are often asked to take on more. While I love the work I do, a little more balance would be greatly appreciated.

Advice to Management

In order to achieve our goal of being the BEST, we need a little bandwidth to take on new projects/challenges. Please consider adding headcount during budget season.

Jun 5, 2015Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with Aimco. We do want to make a difference in our team members’ lives as well as our residents'.

RSS Feed </> Embed