Aimia

Add Photos

Aimia Group Chief Executive Rupert Duchesne

Rupert Duchesne

Part of something special

ProsI really like the new vision for the US Business. Hard working people from leaders to front line that really want the company to succeed. Winning new business that indicates the direction is working!

ConsCompany is moving fast and people need to be okay with some ambiguity. People that aren't on board should decide to move on to a place that would fit them better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay committed to the direction!

What Strategy?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe Company is filled with smart , agressive people, who are looking for strong leadership. The most recent change in management (another one) sounds promising.

ConsThe most recent change in management has been short on details and lacking on a clear answer as to what we are and what we want to be. Classic case of a company who does everything….Loyalty, Consulting,Project Management, Technology Platforms,Travel, Events, Merchandise etc., yet none of them real well. The sales force is inadequately trained and the cost structure makes us non competitive in key areas. Large number of recent employee resignations is a big concern.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmit to employees that the company is primarily interested in Loyalty and Employee engagement programs with predictable cash flow and train the sales force accordingly. Get rid of the low margin, high labor cost services. Lastly, Sr. Management needs to lead by working/living where our corporate headquarters is located!!

On it's way out

ProsCool environment. New technology. Big/fun clients to work on

ConsUS business is barely hanging on. Basically being subsidized by every other region. US business is too big, too bulky, and too expensive. Work life balance was marginal at best. Go into work in the morning and open your email to find that you have already missed a half days work just from the emailing back and forth at night. Constant turnover and turn at the top levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that the US region is nothing like the rest of the world. You can't approach it the same way. Get out of consumer loyalty in the US and just stick to what makes money

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internal turf wars and constant leadership changes impede any progress

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsA very select few are fighting the good fight and trying their hardest to turn the ship around.
    The pay was good.

ConsSadly, it doesn't seem like most of the leadership is interested in the good fight. They're more concerned about quick wins to impress the owners. Most managers didn't know the subject matter that they managed or were inept at actually managing people.

The account team can't seem to keep clients or correctly advice the ones they have still. Solutions are sold by the account team before they're even vetted by the experts in the field.

They constantly tote the "AIMIA culture" around, but the only culture that exists is manufactured.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving the way teams work together.
    Either get rid of or teach the account team to manage clients rather than being yes men.
    Empower those who are working to improve the company rather than waiting to see if they do.
    Get rid of employees who are clearly stagnant or actively making it difficult to get quality work done.

Strong global vision but still dealing with identity crisis in US

ProsPockets of committed, tenured employees who want business to succeed; Strong global leadership eager to place bets on innovation

ConsAnalysis paralysis compounded by high turnover at highest leadership levels in US and reluctance to make decisions without complete consensus; Competitive pay if you fit the 'new model' (consultant background, right academic pedigree)...if not, there's a big disparity even with same/greater experience and greater success rates;

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more decisive. Ask meaningful questions about the real issues, not the minute details that really don't matter. Press for answers and move ahead with a decision. While not everyone may agree, they'll appreciate that things are moving. Be laser-focused on successful change management. You've rolled out the vision, now you need to help folks see what and how they need to change in order to all be pushing in the same direction.

Great Benefits!

Travel Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThe benefits are amazing--three weeks paid vacation to start! I work in travel and event planning, which is different from the loyalty management that the majority of the company does. I really like it.

ConsThere is lots of downtime. Micromanagement is more common that I would like it to be. There isn't a lot of movement into new departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and empower your employees more. Let us rise to the challenge. Don't micromanage.

Not A Friendly Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe day-to-day people are authentic and team players

ConsThe culture has decreased dramatically in the last 2 years. It is not a place that I wanted to get up and go to work each day, so I left at the first chance I got. The Executives fly in each week from NY and not one of them even make an effort to talk to anyone. And somehow its OK for the Executives to spend lots of $ on travel, dining, etc., but the rest of the company gets little consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-think your approach to the culture because there are many smart and talented people who already work for you.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Challenging and rewarding

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)

ProsLots of support for growth and career advancement if you know how to work in the organization

ConsOrganizational structure in constant flux

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more and talk less

US Region in trouble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThere are many good hard working people.

ConsBack in the late 90s when it was Carlson Marketing, the company took up two large business buildings and part of the Carlson Towers. After layoffs due to lack of sales in nearly every year since 2001, it is now down to less than a quarter of one of those buildings with no sign of a real change in this continual downward slide.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a reliable flexible relatively inexpensive platform in order to get sales to then regrow the brand. This has been tried repeatedly for well over ten years and a combination of poor vision, changing vision, internal politics and poor management in general has thwarted all attempts.

Every experience leads to the next great thing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsExciting Company. Lots of things going on. People are friendly throughout the company. Nice vacation package.

ConsPay is not competitive, unless you negotiate at the start of your new hire. They want only young people to work there and of course you have to show that you are smart. It is a kind of sweatshop mentality. Expect to work after hours.
    Their individual development is not good. Hard to move somewhere else in the company. I was bullied by my manager and there was no one who would help me. HR does not listen. They let emails go un-answered unless they feel it is important to answer them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Help them work smarter, not harder. Many workers have been "crying" that they are overworked, in all areas of the company. Allow for personal development.

Worked for Aimia? Contribute to the Community!