Air Culinaire

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
2.3

Cliff Smith Jr.

Wonderful company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed, laid back atmosphere - interesting work with new opportunities to learn everyday. I look forward to coming in each morning, the people here are great!!

Cons

Personally, I don't have any cons - the employees are treated very fairly and the benefits are above average. Who can beat free lunch?

Great CEO and Sales, Lacks CSR PROFESSIONALISM

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Air Culinaire as an intern for more than a year

Pros

CEO is great to employees but does not know what really goes on within his own company

Cons

CEO does not see what goes on behind his own establishment. Especially in the LC Department. Needs better management. Needs to abide with compliance rules and regulation. Listen to the employees. If more then one person is complaining about a certain manager, someone should take matter seriously. Hidden job security. un lawful.

Should have a vote on certain management to compliance or parent company per month. More parent company visits and HR needs to help grasp a better culture with the company

Used to be a good company to work for...

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The idea is good, concierge catering for private jets.
    At some point there was promotion from within

Cons

Compensation is average,
    There are too many bosses and more VP's that you can count.
    New inexperienced people in upper management think they know it all and are just hurting this once somewhat good company.

Need to thoroughly think before making changes that don't make sense.
    Lack of leadership, and although the philosophy is to promote .. promote people that really can take care of business don't be afraid of gender of age.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Can be very challenging, but that's what I like about it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, KS

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere is a huge plus! Interesting industry, always learning something new about the culinary and aviation worlds. Fast-paced and challenging.

Cons

Under-staffed, everyone seems over-worked. And a small handful of people do not take on a fair share of the work, want an easy ride. Schedule can be kind of rough, just need more people to share the work load.

Hire, hire, hire! Expand your search criteria - it seems a lot of the good people don't have food or aviation backgrounds!

Unprofessional Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for less than a year

Pros

NONE........Self serving Management who treat the employees like they are second class citizens

Cons

Rude Managers and treatment of employees is anything but professional......Upper management hangs with subordinates who are their buddies.......Makes life difficult if you aren't part of the click......Some come into work and some don't.......HIGH turnover......Parent Company doesn't care........A lawsuit will be fired if they dont change their ways soon

Obey the Law

Great if you have no spouse, kids or life.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sounds good on paper and they start you at 14 an hour.

Cons

Where to start?? It is a very difficult and very stressful job. You are monitored constantly and an overhead screen watches your production. The culture is terrible as if you are not one of the friends of management you are screwed. And management is incredibly unprofessional. They are rude and treat you like the lowlife help unless you go out drinking with them. If I had any other option I would not work there and like most people here am always looking for work elsewhere. I like the people I work with and they also say the same about the place. We mostly came from hot kitchens and wanted desk jobs but there is still a 24/7 schedule to deal with and unless you are friends of management you get stuck working every weekend. I am ready to go back to an overnight bakers job where at least I was treated like a professional.

Run this place like a professional company. Hire talent not buddies and hire people to answer the phones. Allow input regarding peoples schedules. Some people want to go to church and their childrens ball games and eat with their spouses once in awhile. No ONE can function working an overnight then coming in 4 hours later. No one.

Diverse company, very interesting work

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Air Culinaire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of travel involved, quite a good base salary. Varied workload giving a very strong grounding to build on. Lots of exposure to upper management

Cons

Potentially too much travel. Poor benefits and commission. Crossover between sales and operations is too close. Very focused in USA where company is based.

Expand management outside the USA, reward employees with a more generous commission structure.

Worked for Air Culinaire? Contribute to the Community!