Air Force Reserve

afreserve.com

Air Force Reserve Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Air Force Reserve – Saint Croix – “Hurricane Hunters”

Warrior Airman

ProsGreat Benefits for Health Insurance, and School, overall establishing job skills

Consno cons for the Air Force Reserves

Awesome!

Chief Enlisted Manager (Current Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsWorking in a team environment to accomplish one mission. Air superiority!

ConsTraveling to and from the base once a month for UTA's.

Made me the man I am today!!!!!

Enlisted Accessions Recruiter (Current Employee) D'Iberville, MS

ProsThe Air Force Reserve IS what you make out of it! It can be one weekend a month or a career. I've been here 11 years and never had another job and now I recruit for them. It's an honest organization with great pay and great benefits with real world training.

ConsI can't think of any cons. Basic training was tough but well worth it. It looks good on a resume too.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that credit is given where it's due. Ribbons, medals, awards.... these are great incentives for Airman that really love what they're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fulfilling capability to learn and grow in dynamic environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWithin a particular organization, the communication is effectual and the recognition to members is inspiring. Great people to work with and share hard times.

ConsTo advance according to Senior Executive requirements, multiple moves will be required.

Advice to Senior ManagementMitigation of the good 'ol boy network within each base would increase the value of the Reserves as a whole.

Overworked in a Comm Flight

PWCS Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFull time job GS-09, Established organization, Lots of flexibility because no one understands your job

ConsPoor Leadership, Too many additional duties not evenly distributed, Undermanned and no real interest in fixing the problems. Because no one understands your job, you receive lots of tasking's that no one else wants to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrioritize the workload. I gave the place 2 years and it never got better. The Senior Leadership were the problem and had no clue how to deal with the cards on the table.

I've made a great career...for myself

Communications and Informations Officer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsYou learn a trade, you meet new people, you see the world.
    if you push your comfort zone and seek out opportunity you can do work that truly matters, grow your skills and capabilities, get an education, meet amazing people and learn a lot about yourself.

ConsThe needs of the service will always come first. And if you ever stop understanding that, you will be disappointed.
    it can be difficult on family life, relocating, spousal employment, long duration of separation, endless careerism.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeritage and good order and discipline are paramount, but a lack of focus in core competencies degrades the force. reducing manpower is areas where you are looking to expand is counter productive.

Very pleasing everything was as expected

ProsThe best thing was the brotherhood of course and the fact that money was always coming in. Obviously the more you move up the more you make

ConsTraining was just a bit a too relaxed I hoped for more. Favoritism is a big thing i noticed and too many idiots with too much power.

Great place to work and move up.

Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsYou will gain experience on the job and you will be paid to learn. Plenty of chances to move up and the benefits are excellent.

ConsExercises may disrupt plans for the weekend or vacation plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to offer programs such as fitness leave and retirement parties to continue the boost to morale.

Choose your rate, choose your fate.

Avionics Technician (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsIf you find a decent job that you like, then the world is your oyster. You get the best of being a civilian and the training and backing of being military in the job markets. If you're looking into joining don't base your entire outlook off the training commands and the way they treat new boots.

ConsIt's hard to transition from active duty to civilian sometimes, there can be gaps in employment. Best to offset that with going to school. Don't let the recruiter talk you into a position you don't think you'll like.

Air Force Cop (Retired)

Flight Chief (Shift Supervisor) (Former Employee) Fairchild AFB, WA

ProsGreat training, additional income, advancement opportunities enjoyed working with quality people when they had the best interest of their people in mind

ConsAllways subject to deployment, evaluation system needs improvement, sometime the "Big Picture" swallos up the work of the individual with little recognition

Worked for Air Force Reserve? Contribute to the Community!