Air Liquide

www.airliquide.com

Air Liquide Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Air Liquide President and CEO, American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc Michael J. (Mike) Graff

Michael J. (Mike) Graff

Pros
  • The company has a fantastic development program out of school and promotes a healthy work-life balance;(in 11 reviews)

• good benefits, healthy competition most of the time(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, safety procedures are more important than working safe(in 8 reviews)

• Sometimes the Group's decision-making process can be quite slow and information-intensive, leading to frustration and lost business(in 5 reviews)

Up and down ride

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Benefit package, decent pay, has been a very stable workplace.

ConsWork life balance can be struggling at times, Old outdated systems delay work which you are responsible for completing, Transparency is not their from top to bottom and messages get mixed frequently

Air Liquide is a great company to work for , when the economy took a tumble they stood by us and weathered the storm

Bulk Driver (Current Employee) Geismar, LA

ProsFriendly working atmosphere , good training and safety orientated .

ConsSometimes frustrating dispatch being flexible has draw backs . Needs better communication typical in transportation industry

Advice to Senior ManagementCould run like a Swiss watch if key people didn't keep moving on once trained . Onwards and upwards

Poor treatment of operations personnel.

Process Technician (Former Employee) Pasadena, TX

ProsThe company treated Engineers like kings.

ConsSafety was not a priority even though they company acted like it was.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake safety more seriously.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Upper management is "OUT of Touch" with what is important to their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleburne, TX

ProsGreat benefits, great people, great locations and good equipment. Had a great manager!

ConsUpper management leaves their middle management hanging "Out to Dry" and when they need support it is easier to turn their backs than manage up. Frequent promises and no action. Poor decision making by upper level management. Says one thing and then does another. To many changes at one time makes work difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your local managers and understand what there needs are (suuport them don't fire them). Listen to the employees at the local level and decide what is best for them. SLOW DOWN THE CHANGE it negitively impacts your employees. You fired the only true manager that Cleburne ever had.

Not much room for professional development

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) Newark, DE

ProsGood balance of work and family life

ConsNo clear direction. Inward-looking company: internal politics determines the outcome of almost everything.
    This company gives the impression of not knowing what to do with their R&D operations.

Still a French dominated company

(Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat opportunities to work overseas and on interesting projects

ConsIt's still a French company through and through, no matter what country you are in, and all the real major decisions are made by French executives and they can be very opaque about why and how they make those decisions. There is a real reluctance to adopt local country best practices or decision making in either the line businesses or in the support functions (e.g. finance, IT, HR, etc.). It's frustrating. Also, there is a great stigma against failing, even if it's well thought out and a calculated risk. It is far better to aim modestly and achieve modestly than it is to aim high and take a risk and succeed greatly and also fail on occasion. A failure can be a scarlet letter that often cannot be erased from your career reputation here.

Management is out of touch.

ProsThe company has a fantastic development program out of school and promotes a healthy work-life balance;

ConsManagement is out of touch with industrial challenges and cannot place people in the right positions.

Sales - Acocunt Manager - Review

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBig Company, opporunities in the long run, good bennifits

ConsBeware that AL is very process focused, to the point of frustration. We have very smart people here that like to make things very complicated and challenging for sales. AL does not utlize very much common sense when taking care if its customers and its employees sometimes. Makeing new sales is hard enough but then the real works begins, getting equipment, contract terms, and getting money approved for new equiment is very frustrating and takes months. Typically, when you gain a new piece of business, it takes 3-6, months before it is installed. Oh yea, you dont get commissions until its installed and the commission plan is extremely poor. A hell of a lot of work for very little money. So my best advise, negociate a salary that you are happy with because the average sales commissions per year are about 5% of salary. I am not kidding. I would say that the top 10% of AM's make over that, and even then its more like 10%. Please understand that and if you you are okay with that, then you will be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate, value, and take care of your sales people. We are on the front lines and without us, nobody has a paycheck.

Ruthless Management

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOne can create their own development opportunities with a high level of risk. But the work experience can be used to gain employment at other companies.

ConsHuge consequences for failure and senior management is ruthless.

Good pay - somewhat short sighted

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood benefits and adequate pay

ConsSomewhat short sighted in maintaining staffing levels. Sort of "live for the day" approach without considering upcoming opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on stability and quit chasing the short term results

Worked for Air Liquide? Contribute to the Community!