Air Liquide

Air Liquide Reviews

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.2

Air Liquide President and CEO, American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc Michael J. (Mike) Graff
Michael J. (Mike) Graff

Pros
  • Training is encouraged and the company also provides a good work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Air Liquide offers a good work-life balance, good benefits, has a very stable business (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, safety procedures are more important than working safe (in 9 reviews)

• Poor decision making by upper level management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Innovative company that values its employees

Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Air Liquide

Pros

Great management and company culture. Benefits are very competitive. Great career opportunities if you are willing to be flexible in where you live. Base salaries are very competitive.

Cons

Commission plans aren't competitive.

Work

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

Good pay and medical benefits.

Cons

Everyone's duties always being expanded.

heavily mediocre.

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

corporate, low competition, job security

Cons

corporate and slow, no growth, old boys club

treat your employees better, keep up with the times, get off of old technology.

internship opportunity

Current Employee - Intern in Huston, ID
    Current Employee - Intern in Huston, ID

I have been working at Air Liquide

Pros

easy to have an interview through career fair on campus. I handed them my resume and then they called me to schedule an interview with me.

Cons

After the interview, I emailed a thank you note and I got nothing back from them. After 3 weeks, i asked about the progress and nothing had every came back to me.

go there and be prepared

A disappointment...

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

Benefits are better than a lot of companies, but they'll get you in the end. They talk a great talk, but they do not follow-up on those statements so watch out.

Cons

Training leaves a lot to be desired; they load you up initially, but there's never any follow-up and/or 'continuing education' for positional training. You could work 24/7/365 and never get all of your duties completed and they continue to add to your plate. They do not reward those employees who put in the time and effort to do an excellent job; only the upper level executives get the big bonuses and raises...the rest of the employees get the left-overs. They continue to hire at 'the top' and are continually creating executive jobs rather than jobs needed in the field that actually do the work. They get rid of mid-level employees with longevity and replace one tenured employee with two fresh out of college kids that know nothing but are half the price. They do NOT promote from within; I would guess 90% of positions filled are from the outside.

Stop creating new executive jobs and create jobs in mid-level and in the fields where the real work is done. There are never enough employees in the field and in the offices to do the jobs and employees that leave have typically not been replaced resulting in duties being farmed out to already overloaded employees, yet executive level jobs continue to be created. Involve mid-level and field-level employees in decision making processes to ensure correct decisions are made. Executives drive decisions and don't know, nor do they ask, how these decisions will affect the field personnel that actually have to perform the duties.

Great Opportunities!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Air Liqude offers great stability and a fast paced work environment. You will get what you put in.. work hard and you will be recognized for it. The company just implemented a Flex-Time, Alternative Work Arrangements Program, which is very exciting. Overall, there is a lot of potential and opportunity here.

Lots of room for growth and opportunities, great learning experiences, good people, fast paced, safety focused

Cons

Like at any other company, there are those people who do not welcome change easily...but apart from that no other con.

Continue to invest in people and reward them for their hard work..

Incompetent management in the US

I have been working at Air Liquide

Pros

Increasing dividend overtime from strong management at Head Office in Paris

Cons

Inconsistent managerial direction, constant reorganizations, terrible senior executives sent off with ridiculous severance packages. The Head Offices in Paris would do well to spin-off the US operations into an MLP structure and dissolve the rest.

Have you ever worked for the French? Never again.

Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

You will learn a great deal about the technology, and they have a very cordial social "European" culture. There is some training budget, and travel budget as well. I enjoyed my weekends in Paris and Germany.

Cons

One challenge is getting approval from France on everything, because the experts there are always out on holiday, or at a plant, or at a conference. I could do nothing without their approval. And if your project is late because of it, you will suffer the consequences, not them.
    Another is the low, low salary range, with no OT pay, and working 7 days a week to keep up the work load.
    Project managers are always right. Even when they are wrong. And way too arrogant to admit they are wrong. And completely unwilling to hear your side of any story.

Trust your front-line Houston engineers, and stop blaming them when the Paris crew makes themselves unavailable.
    Stop the nepotism at the upper ranks. There are some really bad managers who are only there because they have dads in the top tier. Try to be more competitive with salaries and pay. Be VERY careful with discrimination against women and minority engineers, which I saw way too much of, and it was hurtful.

Little Opportunity for Advancement Except for a Select Few

I worked at Air Liquide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Air Liquide comes off as a very caring company. The benefits such as medical, dental and retirement are in line with the rest of the industrial gas industry.

Cons

The company is still 'the good old boys club'. Only a select few see any type of advancement. No matter how much education an employee gets or how hard they work, the rewards are only seen by the minority of the company. Extremely low morale.

All of the company literature talks about employees being their greatest asset, walk the talk. Treat your employees like the hard working, loyal employees that they are. They do the best job that they can, with the limited tools that they are provided.

Informative

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

The traffic in the Galleria during holidays

no advice