Air Liquide

Air Liquide Reviews

Updated December 21, 2014
Updated December 21, 2014
3.3

Air Liquide President and CEO, American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc Michael J. (Mike) Graff
Michael J. (Mike) Graff

Pros
  • Training is encouraged and the company also provides a good work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Air Liquide offers a good work-life balance, good benefits, has a very stable business (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, safety procedures are more important than working safe (in 9 reviews)

• Poor decision making by upper level management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Opportunities!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Air Liqude offers great stability and a fast paced work environment. You will get what you put in.. work hard and you will be recognized for it. The company just implemented a Flex-Time, Alternative Work Arrangements Program, which is very exciting. Overall, there is a lot of potential and opportunity here.

Lots of room for growth and opportunities, great learning experiences, good people, fast paced, safety focused

Cons

Like at any other company, there are those people who do not welcome change easily...but apart from that no other con.

Continue to invest in people and reward them for their hard work..

Little Opportunity for Advancement Except for a Select Few

I worked at Air Liquide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Air Liquide comes off as a very caring company. The benefits such as medical, dental and retirement are in line with the rest of the industrial gas industry.

Cons

The company is still 'the good old boys club'. Only a select few see any type of advancement. No matter how much education an employee gets or how hard they work, the rewards are only seen by the minority of the company. Extremely low morale.

All of the company literature talks about employees being their greatest asset, walk the talk. Treat your employees like the hard working, loyal employees that they are. They do the best job that they can, with the limited tools that they are provided.

Informative

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

The traffic in the Galleria during holidays

no advice

No Micro-Managing

Current Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY

I have been working at Air Liquide (less than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, where everyone is on the same team yet the disciple exists and the job still moves forward.

Cons

Sub-contractors have no benefits, I don't like the candy jar because it's to tempting.

I wish this company would pay attention to ergonomics.

horrible management

Former Employee - Operator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operator in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

good benefits, nobody in management cared about much

Cons

on call 24/7 with no extra pay, no training for the job

grow up

HR Department is not a good place to be

I worked at Air Liquide

Pros

It's sad that I cannot think of any pros to working in Air Liquide's HR department

Cons

Poor leadership, cliquish, unorganized, messy

Project Engineer

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to develop one's skills in managing small plant modifications to building a liquefaction facility.

Cons

Senior leadership controls the budget that sets up the Project Manager to Failure. When changes are requested by senior leadership, they will not take accountability in their impacts to the budget.

The pay is low. Changed companies, where I received a 36% increase in pay with superior benefits from the new employer, a chemical company.

None

Organized Chaos

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A few very nice contractors

Cons

I recently resigned after 1 1/2 years and had a front seat to the chaos in this company. The HR department is the worst ever...poor management, overworked recruiters, rotating contractors in the business every other month, poor onboarding process, hiring freezes, constant turn-over and the new HR director has 30-45 days career management experience. A director with 6 people reporting to them sounds like a manager to me. The entire management team resigned and the employees under them were promoted into available positions instead of hiring outside the company. I would never recommend this company as they are terribly behind in technology as well as compensation.

I would recommend a completely new management team.

Made me certain that I will never go back to the corporate world, even if I go broke

Former Employee - Advanced Business and Technologies in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Advanced Business and Technologies in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

pretty much none. free coffee and sugar every day? The only thing I liked was that they promoted safety to be first. Other than that, nothing was worthy of respect.

Cons

work as a slave for your boss all day just to get bossed around. they really don't know how to fix a broken business model. they lose their lead in their core business a long time ago, yet still claims to be number one. they try to venture into new businesses with a broken mindset, maybe once had worked in 1970's. they will not adapt to your thinking. it is up to you to figure out what your boss wants or does not want. even if you can, you must also predict how your boss will think in the future. if you can't, you pretty much have no chance to succeed in this traditional hierarchical corporation.

welcome to the 21st century. fire 85% of your managers and directors and lower the average age of young people in this place. the grandfathers' mindsets will destroy this place and many people's experience in the corporate world, including mine. adapt and survive, not maintain obstinate and jack the price every chance you get.

Great experience

I have been working at Air Liquide (more than 3 years)

Pros

- As a young engineer they focus on career development and promoting from within.

Cons

- There can be a disconnect from HR and the employee about career goals/path.
    - A need for more field personnel