Air Liquide

Air Liquide Reviews

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.3

Air Liquide President and CEO, American Air Liquide Holdings, Inc Michael J. (Mike) Graff
Michael J. (Mike) Graff

Pros
  • Training is encouraged and the company also provides a good work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Air Liquide offers a good work-life balance, good benefits, has a very stable business (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, safety procedures are more important than working safe (in 9 reviews)

• Poor decision making by upper level management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Made me certain that I will never go back to the corporate world, even if I go broke

Former Employee - Advanced Business and Technologies in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Advanced Business and Technologies in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

pretty much none. free coffee and sugar every day? The only thing I liked was that they promoted safety to be first. Other than that, nothing was worthy of respect.

Cons

work as a slave for your boss all day just to get bossed around. they really don't know how to fix a broken business model. they lose their lead in their core business a long time ago, yet still claims to be number one. they try to venture into new businesses with a broken mindset, maybe once had worked in 1970's. they will not adapt to your thinking. it is up to you to figure out what your boss wants or does not want. even if you can, you must also predict how your boss will think in the future. if you can't, you pretty much have no chance to succeed in this traditional hierarchical corporation.

welcome to the 21st century. fire 85% of your managers and directors and lower the average age of young people in this place. the grandfathers' mindsets will destroy this place and many people's experience in the corporate world, including mine. adapt and survive, not maintain obstinate and jack the price every chance you get.

Family oriented work environment

I have been working at Air Liquide

Pros

High level of work autonomous and ability to make many quick changes to imrpove operations in different areas.

Cons

High level of decentralization with no enough support from head reagional offices or corporate.

Think of applying some US management principles in the other regions and take the advantages exists in your US management operations.

Project Engineer

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to develop one's skills in managing small plant modifications to building a liquefaction facility.

Cons

Senior leadership controls the budget that sets up the Project Manager to Failure. When changes are requested by senior leadership, they will not take accountability in their impacts to the budget.

The pay is low. Changed companies, where I received a 36% increase in pay with superior benefits from the new employer, a chemical company.

None

No Micro-Managing

Current Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY

I have been working at Air Liquide (less than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, where everyone is on the same team yet the disciple exists and the job still moves forward.

Cons

Sub-contractors have no benefits, I don't like the candy jar because it's to tempting.

I wish this company would pay attention to ergonomics.

Look out if you are over 40.

Former Employee - Coordinator Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Coordinator Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Air Liquide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company, and many departments are a great place to work. If you are getting up in age, beware because they don't care about your tenure, loyalty or how much service you have provided. They will take advantage of you if you don't know your rights in the workplace so be sure to drop by a bookstore for employee rights book. You will need it. Calculate your own pay. This company swindle me out of $15,000 for 3 years because I was misclassified as exempt
    Violates Federal Law and they did this willfully so they wouldn't have to pay overtime. Management in some departments lacking ethics and will do almost anything to cover up their lousy skills. HR is worthless. All, I can say if you are smart you may survive, but keep your eyes open, read all company policies, and make SURE you read everything you can about the company. Check your deductions and pay regularly because they can't add..

Cons

Management is poor and the company is low on ethics. Look out if you are an older worker and make sure you check your check. They will screw you for the almighty dollar.

Change your practices are you will be facing the inside of a jail.

Organized Chaos

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A few very nice contractors

Cons

I recently resigned after 1 1/2 years and had a front seat to the chaos in this company. The HR department is the worst ever...poor management, overworked recruiters, rotating contractors in the business every other month, poor onboarding process, hiring freezes, constant turn-over and the new HR director has 30-45 days career management experience. A director with 6 people reporting to them sounds like a manager to me. The entire management team resigned and the employees under them were promoted into available positions instead of hiring outside the company. I would never recommend this company as they are terribly behind in technology as well as compensation.

I would recommend a completely new management team.

excellent

Former Employee - Buyer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Buyer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Air Liquide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

global,work life balance stability reliable

Cons

conservative, technologie slow to develop

Missing innovation

Company with Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Air Liquide full-time

Pros

Overall the company has some good ideas and opportunities. Benefits cost are a little on the high side and base pay seems to be competitive.

Cons

Current Human Resources department seems to be having a lot of turnover and challenges.

Find out what is going on in HR.

Intern at Air Liquide

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly

I worked at Air Liquide as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good Company values, and friendly employees.

Cons

HR is unbelievably slow, the management is always overworked so they don't really have time to pay attention to their staff and focus on the problems or development. Company is also quite slow in changing procedures and softwares. Also company is doesn't have enough educated people to change some of the antiquated practices and lessen the expenses and improve the quality of their operations. Also fairly High Turnover Rate

Pay more close attention to employees and focus on growing them professionally so they can better help you in your overburden work. Pay competitive salaries and don't give excuses that you don't pay competitive salaries dues to your company's code or morals. Create some company recreation events for workers so they can be more refreshed and be more productive.

Good stepping stone

Former Employee - Quality Facilitator in Scotford, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Quality Facilitator in Scotford, AB (Canada)

I worked at Air Liquide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and stock options. Training is encouraged and the company also provides a good work life balance.

Cons

Advancement is difficult. You need to almost always relocate and offers are far and few between.
    HR management could be better its only there for managers

Culture direction is unknown has not been established.
    Upper management leans on employees for a culture direction but it was still unclear.