Air New Zealand

Be The First To
Add Photos

Christopher Luxon

#Dreamjob

ProsI love working for Air New Zealand and it all comes down to the people. Engaged, passionate and innovative the people are without question among some of the worlds best. Like all companies we have our challenges but the people are what makes it all worthwhile. Based in New Zealand has it's benefits too!

ConsAt times work practices can be siloed and we need to work harder at being one team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont lose our kiwi culture that makes us what we are today!

Nice New Zealand company

ProsGreat work culture and very flexible even though they are a Corporate Company.

ConsNot much room for growth and they often lose good people due to their unwillingness to change with the times. Very New Zealand centric even though they are a globabl company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so New Zealand centric and focus on the furture and quality of work from all your employees

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

Prosvery customer focused, good peer to peer relationship building. a real desire to empower the employee. Even though its large, you don't get lost in the shuffle and most departments work very well together. There is ongoing integration of different departments with their international counterparts which is long awaited

Conspractical application of systems and organized responses somewhat slow. headquartered in New Zealand, the overseas branches are subject to corporate headquarter decisions that are geared toward New Zealand in the main. Limited opportunity for advancement in an aviation market that is shrinking outside of New Zealand headquarters.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the focus on the customer to drive sales

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsOpportunities,
    On the job developement, a brand everyone is proud of
    Passionate innovative people
    Ability to try new things
    Agility
    Change management integration into projects

ConsKeep working on trying to reduce silos

Fond memories

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany culture, great people, uniquely kiwi, kiwi ingenuity and willingness to give things a go

ConsAlways restructuring, or at least it feels like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep leading the way in customer service. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water - you often loose good people in a restructure.

air nz

Flight Crew (Former Employee) North Shore (New Zealand)

Prostravel, the people, the crew, the life I enjoyed for a time while travelling

Consmanagament, no work life balance, lack of culture and care for employees, lack of pay incentives, lack of growth, inability to see growth as an individual.,

Advice to Senior Managementneeds to have some culture injected into the company

Very good company to work for, great people

Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgreat people, good team spirit, good salary

Consno personal development /growth within the company possible

Great company to work for..would go back if I get the right job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsGreat working environment and vibe, casual and low hierachy
    Constantly innovated to make the workplace a fun and enjoyable one
    Excellent staff travel benefits and first hand product experiences- i.e. famils to tech ops, tour on new arriving aircrafts, staff experimenting new aircraft fitouts, new uniforms, etc..

ConsThere's not much negativity towards this company, the only reason I left was that I found there was little career opportunities. If you start off in the wrong role, it is very difficult to move out/up

It has its good points and its poor points, but in the end, it is just another ruthless corporation.

FSM (Current Employee) Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsOur customers love us and we are seen from the outside as a prestigious company to work for.

ConsIn my role, there is a lack of respect for work life balance, for our legal work contract, and a lack of acknowledgement of jet lag and fatigue. Work -life balance and legal work contracts are law, but Air NZ disregards much of this in my role by putting unrealistic pressures and demands on us. They do not listen and people are too scared to speak out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease acknowledge the parameters of our Contract and the need for work-life balance - both of which are enshrined in NZ law. Support us to perform our role in an environment that shows care and respect for these two key areas of law. Many FSMs are stressed and exhausted and feel overly pressured by the constant demands of the role. Air NZ doesn't hear about it because FSMs don't tell you. They tell other people such as ISCs, crew, pilots and fellow FSMs, but not their management. They would tell you if they felt safe to tell you.

Air New Zealand Great Leader, Great woorkmates,

Planner (Current Employee) Christchurch (New Zealand)

ProsFellow employees are skilled, and easy to get along with. Good clean and modern facilties after dock upgrades. Good varity of work in heavy maintainance. There is an great attidude to get the work done on time be employees and they want to try new methods.

Consa little too relieant on computers and operating procedures lost the she'll be right we can did it attitude.
    External management brought in without an understanding the New Zealand culture

Advice to Senior ManagementRob Fyfe has been the best Leader I have had the priverledge to work for, but some lower level managers haven't pick up on his style. Dont burn your self out Rob we need you for the long haul.

Worked for Air New Zealand? Contribute to the Community!