Air System Components

Updated Jan 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Terry J. O'Halloran

unfair and very political environment

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at Air System Components full-time for more than 3 years

Prosif you are lazy and an underachiever this is the place to be employed.... Cause, management doesn't care or are not capable of evaluating your performance .... You can still get the same pay increase or sometimes better than your hard working colleagues.

ConsI have worked here more than 20 years. If I had a degree of what I do, I wouldn't be here. Cause, there is no motivation to be here. Only motivation is that it pays the bills.

Advice to Senior Managementwake up

Very Poor Management. No clear direction and a lot of fighting.

Management (Current Employee)
Sanford, NC

I have been working at Air System Components full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPlant Manager is clueless about Materials functions.

ConsThe fighting internally is so toxic it is impossible to work daily in the environment the plant manager thinks he knows it all and will tell you how many businesses he thinks he has run, the VP just wants to argue. They are one bad qtr away from layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all management in Sanford. Or they will lose a great division.

Lab engineer

Lab Engineer (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at Air System Components full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe culture and people are very easy to get along with. This is a comfortable place to work that offers stability.

ConsThere is no drive to achieve anything because there is no incentive to make the company better. There is little to no opportunity for advancement and for almost all employees, particularly technical fields, this is the type of place you go to start a job or to end a career. Do not plan to grow here only come here if you are comfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tarboro, NC

I worked at Air System Components full-time

ProsAllows you to be independent

ConsOperates very lean with support personnel

Great company to start out in and gets lots of experience in different roles.

Plano, TX

I have been working at Air System Components full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of experience wearing different hats in your role. The company is understaffed so you will be tasked with lots of duties that will give you more experience.

ConsNot a place to stay if you are looking to move up quickly.
Very old school.

A frustratingly slow learning experience to pay the bills

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at Air System Components

ProsVery conservative steady company in a steady industry, so you don't usually worry about them going under. Poor performance is not well accounted for, therefore it's often not held against you. Nice people, generally older family oriented people who keep to themselves. If you like old-fashioned 8-5 work time, this is the place for you.

ConsGood performance is rarely recognized or rewarded. The pay and vacation/benefits is sub-par by comparing to other companies in the area. Most employees are either under-resourced, under-trained, or simply under-motivated to do effective work. The company history is one of many buyouts, mergers, and high employee turnover. Because of this, the company is frustratingly disorganized and inefficient. Morale is pretty low for the majority.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo start, hire more people--in every department. Next, at least allow for a week of vacation rollover from a previous year. Current resources need serious review and re-structuring to be able to finish projects, better evaluate people, and prevent extreme boredom and frustration in the office.

Engineer at Air System Components

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Air System Components

ProsGood place to start a job. ASC is a large comapny, but each site is fairly small and allows a person to take on many roles

ConsTop level management have not the sharpest and lean on a re-engineering strategy which doesn't get you very far

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some top talent to take over crucial leadership and site roles

Worked for Air System Components? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Air System Components reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Air System Components CEO Terry J. O'Halloran. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Air System Components employees.