AirTran Holdings

AirTran Holdings Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

AirTran Holdings Chairman, President & CEO Gary Kelly

Gary Kelly

Pros
  • Flight benefits and shift trades(in 10 reviews)

• Free travel for employees on company flights(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The center is open 24/7 year round, very structured(in 4 reviews)

• Downside is also part of the good: can work long long hours and also asked to wear many different hats(in 3 reviews)

Great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsSalary, Reputation and Southwest purchase. The company is stable and will provide enough money to live comfortably in the area.

ConsMilwaukee is a very small base and the majority of the flights are red eye flights instead of day trips.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you give a pat on the back when someone does a good job. It means a lot to the employees.

Great Airline to work for!

Aicrafft Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThis a place with great opportunities to learn. Lot of exposure, multitasking, and chances of promotions.

ConsHaving to deal with people who can't read or write, or others who don't follow good advice when given.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay could be better. Illiterate and unskilled mechanics make a better living than the people they turn to when they need help or guidance.

not very employee friendly

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOpportunity for growth is available...this company allows you to move up if you really work hard and rub shoulders with the right people.

Consemployees are not valued at all. the work rules are completely unreasonable and employees are not often recognized for going above and beyond. middle management is so unhappy and they often treat employees like garbage as a result. the pay is not as high as it should be considering the workload.

Advice to Senior Managementput employees FIRST and we will build you a great company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great co-workers, poor upper management.

Pilot (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWe are merging with Southwest, which is still #2 on this list, that's the big reason these days. Other than that, it's definitely the people I work with here. Southwest is going to get a lot of good, friendly, talented and hard working people from this deal who are ready to take them to the next level.

ConsDraconian management that lets us know every day that we contribute no more to the success of this airline than any one else. That we are replaceable and there are thousands of others that would take your job given the chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the difference between management and leadership. Be honest. You need to earn back the trust of your employees.

very disappointed in management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosflight benefits, medical dental and vision 401k plan. flexible hours. there is really no other reason to work for this company

Conspoor management. obvious we don't care attitude from management. no one wants to make decisions. afraid to held accountable company wide

Advice to Senior Managementstand up and do what is expected of you. don't be afraid to make a decision. thats your job. just do it

AirTran is okay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEveryone is very friendly. Make you feel like your home away from home. Also, the flying benefits are very good if you have time to travel.

ConsNo advancement. Working the same position for the same rate of pay for years. Sometimes upper level management is very demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand we are under staffed and it takes time to get things done and we just can't have somehting done at the click of a button.

Management needs to listen to it's employees.

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFree tarvel, Some flexibility in scheduling

ConsLong days and hard work especially on the ramp and then have to go to the counter and work customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees they can make you or break you.

Great team

Sales (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsLoved the team and the people. I wouldn't say anything negative about the company. Great benefits, great work, good clients, great product.

ConsCompany has made the decision to sell to SWA. Business class product could have been sold better. Don't have many negative things to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have remained an independent company and diversified their product more. Clients and travelers loved the product. You are doing a great job.

Airtran

Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIts an ok company to work for.

ConsFriends and family get promoted and hired first.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe compensation for rank and file employess needs to be better.

Good people with nowhere to go.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDepartment I work in allows flexibility. Very good work schedule.

ConsLittle to no professional advancement. Little encouragement for company cross training. Some very knowledgeable and intellligent workes who have little chance of making an impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen closely to employees.

Worked for AirTran Holdings? Contribute to the Community!