AirWatch

AirWatch Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

AirWatch CEO John Marshall

John Marshall

Pros:
  • "Fast-paced environment with little down time (the day goes by very fast)"
    in 9 reviews
  • "The work environment is very interactive with one huge floor with no cubicles"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance does not exist because you are on call 24/7"
    in 11 reviews
  • "The lack of a work from home scenario seems at odds with the image of a modern tech company"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Energetic

ProsIf you are looking for a company that is energetic and you are willing to work hard, this is the place. Nothing will be handed to you, you have to earn it. The solution they are selling is the best in the industry, the best part is the people believe it. The company will continue to grow with the VMware acquisition.

ConsSalary is far below industry standard
    PTO is weak
    Health Insurance is weak

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries need to be aligned with industry standard nationwide, not just Atlanta
    PTO- 3 weeks or more with 5 sick days and 2 personal days
    Health insurance, needs to cover more with lower deductibles. Cost should be % of salary to keep the offering fair to the lower paid employees. A person making 40K year shouldn't pay the same amount as the manager at $150K

Constant change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people to work with. Casual environment. Everyone is very friendly and driven and all trying to meet the same common goal.

ConsLots of change all the time. Growing pains in every department and disorganized more often than not. Support issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more on support reps that are either more experienced or trained better. Need more account managers as well.

Excellent learning environment

IOS Developer (Current Employee)
    Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

ProsOpen environment leading to easy and frequent interactions. 99% of the people I work with are awesome people.

ConsOpen environment leading to easy and frequent interactions. Benefits related cons will be resolved after full transition to VMWare benefits packages. Otherwise, PTO policy is lacking and health benefits are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working hard to figure out what best practices mean for us in terms of process, and continue increasing flexibility with what dev is capable of producing in a given time period.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

QA

QA Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsFree flowing atmosphere, Great morale and energetic atmosphere. Young company with young co-workers and quick career ladder.

ConsCompetitive Pay
    Promote managers and supervisors because of popularly not because of people skills

Advice to Senior ManagementAssertive

Great Company

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood Management, Great Leaders -
    I have heard some negative things here about Airwatch however being in R&D, I promise that this company is not at all bad to work with..

ConsI am now old employee and all the Cons have been taken care off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

AirWatch is a leading-edge software company with great products, young energetic employee-base, and career opportunity.

Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat opportunity for exposure to many roles, fun atmosphere, and laid back attitude.

ConsLacks structure/organization, is a very flat organization, and long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees, offer more mentoring, increase compensation.

Watch your back. Take what you can then leave.

Varied (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsSome good experience. Great, talented people to work with. Emerging market. Decent product.

ConsYou are just a number after you are hired. Find a way to set yourself apart, or hide in the crowd. (Those are your two choices.)
    Whatever you do, don't turn 30 or older, pi r be experienced. They want programmable robots without families they can work without paying.
    Criticize at your own peril. If you are reassigned after hire into a role you didn't ask for, then micromanagement starts. You have less than 8 wks as they set things up to fire you.
    Have fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing nice to say at all. You know exactly what you do. Avoid mirrors. Drink.

Work hard and be rewarded.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFast paced environment, collaborative colleagues, a nice gym in the building, fun outings/parties. A work environment that appreciates learning and keeping up with technology. Being surrounded by intelligent and engaged co-workers and managers. A diverse workforce. Casual dress code.

ConsLike working for any corporation, long hours are required to be successful, including after hours/weekends. This is not a company for anyone who isn't hungry to learn and grow personally and professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccounting processes need to be evaluated and refined.

Good place to gain BYOD deployment experience

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPromising mobile tech company, from a market growth perspective

ConsThe actual mobile solution is not as robust as the sales people claim it is. High turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementDisplace John Marshall as CEO and make him CTO. Bring in someone with more seasoned executive management experience.

Good for experience!

Lead QA Engineer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThis was a start up when I began so there was great opportunity to move around in the company and gain tons of experience in a growing market segment for mobility.

ConsThe company does not pay you well enough for the amount of work you do. I was not given anything close to standard market pay and leading a team of 8 people.

Advice to Senior ManagementNote this was prior to VMWare acquisition as I left before this took place. Management was pretty good but did keep lead employees out of the loop on many things. Procedures were continually a work in progress like with other companies but compensation for work needs vast improvement.

Worked for AirWatch? Contribute to the Community!

AirWatch Videos

AirWatch – Why Work for Us?

AirWatch is Changing the Way You Manage Technology AirWatch is the leader in enterprise-grade mobile device management, mobile application management and mobile content management solutions, designed to simplify… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AirWatch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AirWatch CEO John Marshall. All 165 reviews posted anonymously by AirWatch employees.