Airbnb Reviews

Reset
4.8
Airbnb CEO & Co-Founder Brian Chesky
Brian Chesky

Pros
  • lots of perks (free food, travel coupons, parties etc, etc) (in 8 reviews)

• Plus they're all great people--who I am happy to call my friends (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life-balance is still a big work-in-progress (in 5 reviews)

• Growing pains transitioning from a smaller startup to a successful larger company (in 6 reviews)

A Business with a LOT of heart and soul

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. You can bring your whole self to work 2. Everyone is extremely respectful, I have never seen so many people hold the door for each other. 3. Gaining work/life balance is encouraged (part of my personal OKRs set by my manager) 4. Culture is at the forefront of everyone in senior management's mind. Making this a place that is not only profitable but they want you to be able to grow as a person and in your career. 5. No matter how crazy my day is, there is an INCREDIBLE support system in my coworkers to help me through the day. There isn't a feeling of competition between peers the way that it can be at other companies

Cons

1. Feedback can be hard for people to give. It's important to establish you can handle constructive feedback in the beginning.

2. Unparalleled

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, vibrant workplace, and an unbeatable culture that is real and not just something posted on a wall/website. I literally could not ask for a better work experience. Also, pay, insurance, perks, food, parties, and growth opportunities are top notch.

Cons

It's a startup so there is a plenty of work, but that's better than feeling unchallenged and stagnant. Workload is not too heavy.

Advice to Management

Continue going the direction you are!

3. The BEST Place I Have Ever Worked

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

-Mission driven employees -Incredible culture -Friendly faces -Encouraged to "be yourself" -Great benefits I LOVE it here

Cons

-Some growing pains, but that is expected in any company in hypergrowth

5. Best job ever

Current Employee - Technical Recruiting in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm in my 50's and have been working forever, and this is by far the best job I have ever had. I've never worked for a company where the product makes me so warm and fuzzy. Bringing people together, helping people, changing the world for the better, those are all things that make this product so special. We are not just building cloud storage, or an Ads framework, we are building something that really touches people and makes a difference. We are building experiences, memories, relationships, who else does that? Truly a special company filled with people that are incredibly passionate about it.

Cons

I wish I would have joined sooner.

6. Mind blown recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

The candidate experience from my interview process was absolutely amazing. The number one thing I was looking for in my next opportunity was an engaging and impressive team -- I found just that. In the competitive bay area tech landscape where there are so many promising companies, it's hard to stick out. Airbnb does that by creating meaningful experiences (whether it's the candidate experience, whether it's wonderful travel experiences, or whether it's the user experience of the website). Now that I'm here, I continue to be impressed on a daily basis with the multitude of career opportunities, the growth and market potential, and the leaders and coworkers I interact with. Airbnb has an amazing company culture and it's something that will be hard for us to lose.

Cons

not much to say here yet...

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a culture full of autonomy and global impact. We're just getting started!

7. Best company to work for

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb

Pros

Airbnb strongly believes in culture, and it is apparent throughout the entire process of hiring and working here. This place is authentic and values individuality.

Cons

Still navigating start up land so team dependent leadership is still developing

8. Joined in 2013 and it just keeps getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible mission driven culture. Access to mentorship and a team that appreciates its people and fosters personal growth. Tough, unprecedented challenges means we have much leeway to come up with creative solutions, and to be nimble and entrepreneurial.

Cons

Hypergrowth means things change very quickly. With tons of new faces, new projects, and quick deadlines, no two days look the same. This isn't bad, necessarily, but the pace can be exhausting if you don't set work-life boundaries and take care of yourself. And if you don't flourish in a work environment that's as frenetic as ours, you will probably not flourish here.

Advice to Management

There is an incredible commitment to transparency among E-Staff, and I am really grateful for that. Keep up the great work, and thanks for your honesty and insigh.

Best cultured company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything about Airbnb, from the people, to the ceo, to the free nature and archetecture, there's so much to love.

Cons

It's getting to be a pretty large company.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture. This is why people stay.

10. So far so good

Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly and welcoming. I eat lunch with a rotating set of people from my department every day. It's easy to get to know your colleagues. - Cool office and free food. - Interesting projects to work on, and generally good support to find the resources you need.

Cons

- Understaffed. They're growing quickly so there are a lot of new people, and even more work than we can handle. Even so, work/life balance has been ok, mostly because they're really flexible and not a face-time culture. But there's a lot to do.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking about maintaining the culture, and how to support teams that are growing quickly.

Great Culture/Awesome Management

I have been working at Airbnb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transparency, Thoughtful Team Building, Health Care, Office Space, Office Culture Events

Cons

Getting bigger but thats only a con for me because I like to know everyone :)

Advice to Management

Focus more on retaining contract talent and finding them permanent homes here. But keep doing what you're doing on the rest of it :)

RSS Feed </> Embed