Airgas

www.airgas.com

Airgas Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Airgas – Radnor – “A Super Opportunity Awaits...”

Airgas President & CEO Michael Molinini

Michael Molinini

Pros
  • Pay is good after 10 years or so(in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, good pay, opportunity to advance and a great safety program(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is paranoid to an extreme degree(in 7 reviews)

• Credit is not given where it is due and CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone to the wayside even though Airgas is all about the 3C's(in 6 reviews)

Steady Work. No Lay Offs.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits package. Descent wage.

ConsPricey healthcare coverage. Not much room for advancement.

Not great job anymore

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsInsurance is good, really can't think of anything else at this point to say that would be considered to be a pro

ConsNo time to sell always have meetings that are a waste of time, no support from branch and WAY too many reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great sales people let them sell not type reports

Do not work here- EVER

Account Manager (Former Employee) Levittown, PA

Proscoworkers are a true team yet not allowed to interact to truly help one another b/c it would take time away from phone calls

ConsHostile management, correct workers in public in a belittling & degrading style, unrealistic metrics/goals, preach non-status quo BUT they are status quo and refuse to factor in modern communcations methods as an actual task/email, poor training in the SAP system which hobbles personal performance for which YOU will be held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining must be uniform, organized, and targeted to actual usage w/i SAP with MUCH hands-on practise.
    Count email as a task w/i you numbers tally daily, b/c IT is the bulk of the work NOT the phone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ever Changing

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAirgas is a very good company. The benefits are great and with local branches nationwide you can transfer

ConsManagement is not very good at all. They are very de-motivating to you and the goals with sales positions changes almost monthly

Very professional interview process

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelpful environment from the other employees

ConsLarge corporation, can be slow.

Willing to take on new grads - great experience during first year.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGood job security and profitable company.

ConsLack of motivation and advancement opportunities.

Its what you make of it and it depends where you're located.

Help Desk (Former Employee) Radnor, PA

ProsTalented people come.
    I've heard great things while speaking to those who are in sales and senior management who actually reap the benefits of their talents and hard work. I mean those at the top of the pyramid of course. Pockets like HR, IT are a great place to go and ride it out until retirement.

ConsTalented people go.
    Also somebody has to fall down the steps or in the shower for you to move up. That is to say, opportunities for advancement are very thin but again it depends on your location. They like to run thin on employees and on compensation. Training is a joke. Thank-less jobs. A lot of management by crisis. Refuse to train but quick to shame and/or complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management should lend an ear to the people under the stairs.

Trained for a lifetime of knowledge

Inside Sales (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits include 401(k), profit sharing, generous vacation and personal time

ConsFresh ideas are not welcome. Atmosphere is comparable to High School.

Good Company

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, competitive salaries, promote from within

ConsNonexistent maternity/paternity leave program - serious problem for female employees

Women, beware - this is a "good 'ol boy's club" company

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people in the branches (non-management), variety of product offerings, high stock price and tuition assistance program.

ConsFor a professional woman, this company can be as difficult to work for as it gets. I came into the company as a salesperson with a bachelor's in business and 10 years of previous industry experience. Five years later, with an advanced degree that the company paid for, numerous successful and very lucrative projects, record sales growth, successful teamwork and proven dedication to see projects to completion, I find myself passed over for promotion by men with less industry experience, NO college background, but with a history of knowing the upper management. Was encouraged to explore the leadership training offered by the company and did so (met with HR to express my interest, followed up on it on three separate occasions and was told that I would be given the first available opportunity once the program was kicked off in our region), only to be asked to provide feedback on three men (2 of which have no degree) who were recently enrolled in the leadership training program (can you say, "Slap in the face?"). Oh sure, you'll get a "thank you," for a job well-done, but your pay will remain light-years behind the men - even the men with less experience and no education... The current trend of the company to listen to a consultant is causing customers to leave in droves due to MASSIVE price increases (with no cost increase justification) and increasing inflexibility on customer service issues. The history of this company has been proudly entrepreneurial, which was a big reason I came here - and a big reason behind its success. With Peter handing the reins over to Molinini, that's all being thrown to the wayside.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust STOP for a second and take a good, hard, HONEST look at what you're doing to this company! Mike - make random visits (unannounced for once so you don't get the "spit shine version") and actually TALK to the people who are doing the real work for this company. Sure, listen to those whom you've promoted to president, but don't forget about the salespeople who slog it out, daily, to try and keep this company on top. Stop with the almighty obsession of Wall Street and return to the company's roots of being customer and associate-centric. Walk the damned walk. Look at the number of amazingly talented women that are being passed over and break up the "Good 'ol Boy's" club. One female regional president (token?) just doesn't cut it for this Fortune 500 company.

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!