Airgas

Be The First To
Add Photos

Airgas President & CEO Michael Molinini

Michael Molinini

Pros:
  • "Good benefits and opportunities to apply for many new openings from within"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Good Pay, Great Hours with room to growth"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Credit is not given where it is due and CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone to the wayside even though Airgas is all about the 3C's"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Upper management makes arbitrary changes to processes without vetting them with the associates who actually do the work"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not great job anymore

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsInsurance is good, really can't think of anything else at this point to say that would be considered to be a pro

ConsNo time to sell always have meetings that are a waste of time, no support from branch and WAY too many reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great sales people let them sell not type reports

Do not work here- EVER

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Levittown, PA

Proscoworkers are a true team yet not allowed to interact to truly help one another b/c it would take time away from phone calls

ConsHostile management, correct workers in public in a belittling & degrading style, unrealistic metrics/goals, preach non-status quo BUT they are status quo and refuse to factor in modern communcations methods as an actual task/email, poor training in the SAP system which hobbles personal performance for which YOU will be held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining must be uniform, organized, and targeted to actual usage w/i SAP with MUCH hands-on practise.
    Count email as a task w/i you numbers tally daily, b/c IT is the bulk of the work NOT the phone.

Willing to take on new grads - great experience during first year.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGood job security and profitable company.

ConsLack of motivation and advancement opportunities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its what you make of it and it depends where you're located.

Help Desk (Former Employee)
    Radnor, PA

ProsTalented people come.
    I've heard great things while speaking to those who are in sales and senior management who actually reap the benefits of their talents and hard work. I mean those at the top of the pyramid of course. Pockets like HR, IT are a great place to go and ride it out until retirement.

ConsTalented people go.
    Also somebody has to fall down the steps or in the shower for you to move up. That is to say, opportunities for advancement are very thin but again it depends on your location. They like to run thin on employees and on compensation. Training is a joke. Thank-less jobs. A lot of management by crisis. Refuse to train but quick to shame and/or complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management should lend an ear to the people under the stairs.

Good Company

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, competitive salaries, promote from within

ConsNonexistent maternity/paternity leave program - serious problem for female employees

Trained for a lifetime of knowledge

Inside Sales (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits include 401(k), profit sharing, generous vacation and personal time

ConsFresh ideas are not welcome. Atmosphere is comparable to High School.

Women, beware - this is a "good 'ol boy's club" company

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people in the branches (non-management), variety of product offerings, high stock price and tuition assistance program.

ConsFor a professional woman, this company can be as difficult to work for as it gets. I came into the company as a salesperson with a bachelor's in business and 10 years of previous industry experience. Five years later, with an advanced degree that the company paid for, numerous successful and very lucrative projects, record sales growth, successful teamwork and proven dedication to see projects to completion, I find myself passed over for promotion by men with less industry experience, NO college background, but with a history of knowing the upper management. Was encouraged to explore the leadership training offered by the company and did so (met with HR to express my interest, followed up on it on three separate occasions and was told that I would be given the first available opportunity once the program was kicked off in our region), only to be asked to provide feedback on three men (2 of which have no degree) who were recently enrolled in the leadership training program (can you say, "Slap in the face?"). Oh sure, you'll get a "thank you," for a job well-done, but your pay will remain light-years behind the men - even the men with less experience and no education... The current trend of the company to listen to a consultant is causing customers to leave in droves due to MASSIVE price increases (with no cost increase justification) and increasing inflexibility on customer service issues. The history of this company has been proudly entrepreneurial, which was a big reason I came here - and a big reason behind its success. With Peter handing the reins over to Molinini, that's all being thrown to the wayside.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust STOP for a second and take a good, hard, HONEST look at what you're doing to this company! Mike - make random visits (unannounced for once so you don't get the "spit shine version") and actually TALK to the people who are doing the real work for this company. Sure, listen to those whom you've promoted to president, but don't forget about the salespeople who slog it out, daily, to try and keep this company on top. Stop with the almighty obsession of Wall Street and return to the company's roots of being customer and associate-centric. Walk the damned walk. Look at the number of amazingly talented women that are being passed over and break up the "Good 'ol Boy's" club. One female regional president (token?) just doesn't cut it for this Fortune 500 company.

Take a look at your leadership! Time to cleanhouse!

Telesales (Former Employee)
    Levittown, PA

ProsLots of education! Great customers. Fun filled fridays. Reach for the stars. New building beautiful.

ConsAirgas safety-levittown pa
    unprofessional work environment. Lots of gossip and most of the managers join this negative moral! Co at whole does not value their employees. Its all about the money! They often change accounts and screw with commisioned livelyhoods. Long term relationships feed sales reps and companies. Perhaps Airgas will be learning that shortly as the once again will be regionalizing accounts come the new year.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some class and respect the employees that work to death to feed their famiies. Stop the low moral and all the nasty gossip! Start making people accountable for starting drama. Write people up and do not join in passing the rumors. Focus on working one on one with reps learning top customers. Stop blaming the employees for the branch being down. You created this nightmare by sending the accounts down south. Stop playing games with threats with total access. Get better TA managers that actually work and not make personal calls all day and sit around gossiping. Bottomline get a action plan soon because moral is very low. And now that Joan is gone i see alot more leaving. Leadership better take a hard look at themselves as to why the branch is down. You are not better then anyone else. And dont talk to us like were your child. I am an adult! You think about how you talk to people. Treat people how they deserve and they will work twice as hard. Insult them and make them feel belittled. Who wants to work harder for that? Clearly its your loss. Onward and upward! Thanks for teaching me that i deserve better! As a great manager once told me "you are not a doormat".

Overall A Good Company

Plant Operator (Current Employee)
    Savannah, GA

ProsGreat pay, little to none supervision, excellent benefits.

ConsWorking in the heat and cold

Advice to Senior ManagementMore raises and bonuses

Poor

ProsNone, benefits are ok. Insurance is high cost. Vacation time is available but unable to take time off due to no back up for multiple positions.

ConsPoor management, ethics, strong arming cursing/yelling is a common tactic for an employee to get their way. Poor customer service! Botched orders and billing on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior Managementreduce the amount of disconnect with upper management and branchs

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airgas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airgas CEO Michael Molinini. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Airgas employees.