Airgas Northern California & Nevada

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter McCausland

Over five years Experience and seasoned salesman.

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Merced, CA

ProsThe national account's sales team does a good job getting business nation wide.

ConsCommunication is vital to the sales team, Management needs to communicate closer to there sales force.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate closer to the sales force.

CONSTANT TURMOIL,

ProsGreat, hard working co-workers, fairly good benefits

ConsSmiles all around from upper management as long as you never need their support. Your superiors will be credited for all your personal achievements. Reporting any form of harassment to the head of HR will lead to all out retaliation. You’ll be scrutinized and your responsibilities taken away. The investigations they promise you will not be pursued and your working environment will become hostile and intolerable.

There is an unusual amount of upper management turn-over and a revolving door of replacement staff. I would not recommend this employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease read the reviews, we're the ones actually doing the work!

Great people, poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat people work in this organization.
    Great benefits.

ConsNo management training provided to managers.
    Outside training for certain skill sets undesirable by management creating an environment that is resistive to new ideas or innovations.
    Corporate leadership does not allocate enough manning to meet current production needs or provide resources for business growth.
    Below market pay.
    Corporate leadership runs a bare bones operation in many areas and gives an impression that they are trying to keep operational costs to a minimum to improve the likelihood of the corporation being purchased.
    Exempt employees face a corporate culture that pushes them to work 50-70 hours per week at a 40 hour per week pay scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some real business management training. Quit managing through the CYA method. Lead. Innovate. Inspire.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for the just starting out in the work world crowd

Accounting (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsFairly successful and stable company

ConsLack of respect by management towards others
    Accounting model outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementOne upper management individual used to slam reports down on my supervisor's desk, everyone was afraid to blink around such tyranny, but this was accepted practice. My supervisor was so belittled she took it out on us. We got corrective memos if we put a staple in the wrong part of the invoice-they had to be in the left hand corner-precisely. Top level management watched for stuff like that and made an issue if someone slipped up-Ridiculous. But it made big ego's and control hungry people feel important.

it is a great place to work for

Accountant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIt is a friendly environment and a great place to work for.

ConsI thought the pay was not good enough and that is what made me look for another job.

STAY AWAY!!! This company will be your mistake.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ca Vịnh (Vietnam)

Prossteady work. thats it. Oh, and they supply gloves and keep the heat on. And they stay open although I dont know how.

ConsTerrible pay, disfunctional system, lack of vision for main purpose company exists. Inept middle and upper management, they motivate by threats and intimidation. No reason to make a future here, it is a miserable place to work. No hope to make a living wage, especially for the responsibilty expected. An embarrassment to themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet job be about delivering GAS and WELDING SUPPLIES, not SAP and ridiculous procedures. Do not allow peole who have never delivered be in charge of distribution, or have never filled a cylinder be in anyway in charge of production. Way way too many hands in the pie. Oh yes, your hypocritical "safety and ethics" culture is the biggest sham on the planet. Don't waste our time.

Great People; Terrible Management/Communication skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people. The people are great. Decent Benefits. Airgas isn't know for how well it pays it's people, but overall compensation is fair.

ConsLike I said, the people are great until you start getting into Management. Upper management is too concerned with covering their butts (or kissing the right ones) to care/listen about/to their employees. One Area VP in particular doesn't know crap about management and rules by imitating those below him. The rotating presidents was a joke. The longest tenured of the 3 was by far the worst; but at least he didn't care. The next one, cared, but he didn't understand what he was doing. I think that's actually a much scarier combination. The current Pres. is pretty good; but like the culture dictates, if you're not "in", then your out (and will be treated accordingly.)

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture to stop managing my exception and by intimidation. The people in this company are your largest asset; treat them accordingly.

Worked for Airgas Northern California & Nevada? Contribute to the Community!