Airgas

Be The First To
Add Photos

Airgas President & CEO Michael Molinini

Michael Molinini

Pros:
  • "Good benefits and opportunities to apply for many new openings from within"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Good Pay, Great Hours with room to growth"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Credit is not given where it is due and CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone to the wayside even though Airgas is all about the 3C's"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Upper management makes arbitrary changes to processes without vetting them with the associates who actually do the work"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Meh

ProsGreat down to earth people.

ConsNot a large amount of upward mobility.

Management sucked

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Largo, FL

Prosmost employees were very nice.

ConsUpper managers had no clue. A lot of turn around

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining and listening skills

GET THAT SALE

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsEasy going, so far not being micro-managed. Pay is comparably low unless you're in a good territory with a booming opportunity. Pretty lenient company with a strong market share.

ConsAdvancement is tough. Not a lot of opportunity to move into mid level management or even upper level management due to lack of opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have the employees do something morally unjust. Think of other small businesses before crushing them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

constrained

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
    Akron, OH

Proshours of operation location salary

Conslack of recognition promoting practices overall team work

Advice to Senior ManagementValue who you have instead of brining in outside help to fill internal roles.

You always have to watch your back. To many chiefs and back stabbers.

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsExperience and knowledge. Some benefits are pretty good. OVERALL don't bother. Pay is good after 10 years or so.

ConsEverthing you do is wrong and un safe according to the chiefs who actually have no REAL LIFE experience. This has been thier one and only job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the workers work. They do know what thier doing. Stop hiring illiterate people for short money. Hire experince and PAY them.

Terrible, weak, unjust. #horrible

Shipping/Receiving Associate (Current Employee)
    Germantown, WI

ProsIt's a job, pays MOST of my bills, definitely not all though.

ConsTERRIBLE wages since I started YEARS ago. Management is paranoid and there is NO way to move up unless you know someone who knows someone. Unfair treatment of employees, wages and otherwise - some people get to do what they want all day because they complain and management doesn't want to deal with adversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust shell out a portion of the robust income and show the employees you care. A multi bizzilion dollar company has no excuse to have a wage freeze. Ever. (Currently in the midst of our third wage freeze in 10 years). It's hard to be the main bread winner for your family working at a job that clearly doesn't care if you can live at best, a middle class lifestyle. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Big Company, little service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPrivate label products, lots of locations.

ConsOn going shortages of core products. After more than two years company is still figuring out its new enterprise software. They are not sure how much they are making where. If you are near top pay scale, polish your resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more effort into preventing product shortages. Do even more to make your new computer system useful. Where changes in revenue are coming from should not be a mystery to management.
    Grow through sales not just acquisition.

Sales

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood Coaching, Compensation is comparable to the industry. Good opportunities for advancement and career paths. The loyalty of your fellow workers is comforting and supportive especially as the economy was not performing well.

ConsMany mixed signals and a lot of realigning. Clear strategy and objective would help the entire system know the common goal. Too much admin for street sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare more information with the capapble employees. This makes them feel like they are a part of something bigger.

Horrible commission structure

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWe sell a wide variety of products

ConsAccount managers are paid on a 70/30 split with commission for over the quota sales. This sounded great when I signed up however I soon realized that the budget is entirely out of reach. I have signed an extremely large amount of business this year. However it does not seam to matter because I have not seen a dime in commission or even more than the 70% of my salary. Then to add insult to injury they already added all business that was in my pipeline to my next years goals. That's business that I have been working on and have not yet gotten. So of I can sign everything I've been working on plus 10% I will make my quota rather than all that new business going toward commission. If I was paid a low straight commission I would easily pull 6 figures. Instead I am living at poverty level

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an interest in your people listen to those of us who are talking to the customers everyday. Take a look at the good ol boy system in upper management it is BAD for business.

Airgas Western Dvision - Just Don't Do It

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsAn exceptional team of people, hard working, have their coworker and customers best interest in mind.

ConsUpper management is paranoid to an extreme degree!! It's like an office full of robots who just do as they are told. People are consistently lied to about why people are no longer there. People who leave are ostracized, never allowed back in the building and have their email address blocked so no one can receive email. Human Resources will smile in your face while they stab you in the back repeatedly. They keep it gloomy, cold and woe to the person who smiles or speaks. Their bs open door policy is open the door to complain and the door will be opened for you to leave. Don't trust that anyone has your best interest in mind because they don't. There's a lot of good cop bad cop that goes on. Just remember, good cop is badder cop in disguise.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't leave people in the dark. Don't pretend to be some teambased culture when second chances are not in your nature. Don't lie to people. Don't waste people's time by having them come to interviews when you don't actually have an open position. Hire someone in Human Resources who has resources other than write ups. I know honesty is not in your policy or business model. Recognize good people when you you have them. Where did the girl at the front desk go, she up and disappeared. Let your staff talk to each other. Give up leading by Tyranny and you may have a chance.

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airgas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airgas CEO Michael Molinini. All 103 reviews posted anonymously by Airgas employees.