Airgas Reviews

Reset
2.6
Airgas President & CEO Michael Molinini
Michael Molinini

Pros
  • Good pay, fair chance to advance, good benefits for a family with children (in 14 reviews)

• Good Pay, Great Hours with room to growth (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management makes arbitrary changes to processes without vetting them with the associates who actually do the work (in 13 reviews)

• Good customer service would enhance growth and higher profits (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Good

Former Employee - Filler in Lagrange Hlds, IL
    Former Employee - Filler in Lagrange Hlds, IL

I worked at Airgas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for seemed to really care about their employees. Great environment, hours and staff. Would love to rejoin some day

Cons

Location was far from my home, and small. Facility it self wasn't the greatest. Located in middle of residential area. Local police were okay to deal with.

Advice to Management

Hire me back I loved the hours and the people I worked with. Liked all of the cross training that I learned.

Airgas Response

Sep 2, 2015 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience. We believe Airgas associates are together, the strongest team in the industry and the culture at Airgas is a critical ... More

2. it is a great place to work for

Current Employee - Accountant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Sacramento, CA

Pros

It is a friendly environment and a great place to work for.

Cons

I thought the pay was not good enough and that is what made me look for another job.

3. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Airgas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn something new and put your skills to work

Cons

Experience industry is definitely a plus. the gas industry is not a very common industry to work in because there isn't very much competition and isn't used by everyone like electronics for example.

Advice to Management

People should be better assessed to be placed in the right positions for their skill sets

5. I found Airgas South to be a good place to work.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Cocoa, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Cocoa, FL

I worked at Airgas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has great benefits, it keeps you in shape, you meet people from a multitude of industries which makes it enjoyable serving your customers. I enjoyed being out and about working at my pace to get the job done. The scenery isn't bad either depending on where you work. Florida was great.

Cons

Delivering bottled gases at a job site can be very frustrating (rolling bottles on dirt - getting bottles to the bottle rack). You have to be willing to work in all kinds of weather. Lightening storms can be fun on the back of a steel truck.

Advice to Management

The raises could be better.

6. Excellent Company with great benefits and pay

Current Employee - Vice President in Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Vice President in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Airgas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and pay. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. The management team knows hot to deliver results. Great team of people to work with in all facets of the business. Tremendous knowledge and experience. Plenty of stock. It was a great ride while it lasted.

Cons

At times, it took a bit too long to deliver products to customers.

Advice to Management

Continue on your path. You have laid the foundation for long term steady growth.

Pricing Analyst

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Airgas full-time

Pros

good learning opportunity.nice work culture

Cons

small team .no middle management

8. Good Job

Current Employee - Cylinder Prep in Port Allen, LA
    Current Employee - Cylinder Prep in Port Allen, LA

I have been working at Airgas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Time off, Coworkers Managers will determine your workplace in some locations Great location and the career advancements are nice

Cons

Outside weather, managers and lack of updated equipment

9. Great company

Current Employee - Driver in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Driver in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Airgas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, opportunity to advance and a great safety program.

Cons

It's a dangerous environment if you don't follow SOP and the safety program.

Advice to Management

They should spend time with the "blue collar" employees. They should get their hands dirty so they can understand and know the whole panorama of the business.

Fresh of out school? Start here!

Current Employee - BSC Office Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - BSC Office Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Airgas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flextime (for MOST departments; obviously some Job Requirements for certain positions won't allow) - it actually motivates me to get in earlier, so I can get out earlier and be more productive - Location - Office culture and co-workers; I am a new grad in my first full-time role. Due to frequent acquistions, Airgas company culture evolves frequently as well. Long story short, we're all new and learn together. I don't feel intimidated, just welcomed - Employee Benefits; great vacation time, salary and tuition reimbursement... this is ideal for a young professional

Cons

- This is a large company with a corporate feel (not an issue for me, but I can see this won't be appealing for everyone) - With large companies, there is a lot of learning that goes with it. However, the Business Support Centers (BSCs) were recently put into place to streamline policies and general work flow - Some old school mentalities still exist in upper management, though I do see this changing with newly hired managers in multiple locations

Advice to Management

I would actually advise those looking to join this company; when using research tools such as Glassdoor be mindful that with a large company (15,000+) our team includes all different professionals in the gas industry. A truck driver's opinion of his time with Airgas will vary from those in Real Estate pockets. Basically, use good judgement and do your research! As for management, be mindful of the idea of changing times... I think we are seeing more favorability to a more liberal environment, but if you want to attract young talent, flexibility is attractive!

11. Awesome company with an unbelieveable culture!!

Current Employee - Talent Management in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Talent Management in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Airgas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with an impressive track record despite economic conditions A true spirit of and commitment to what is best for the company, its employees and shareholders A ton of opportunity to bring your personal best and have impact in a meaningful way Leadership who listens and respects the talented people in the organization and is committed to developing talent Amazing customer focus Opportunities in every corner of the U.S.

Cons

Nothing negative from my perspective

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to build on the amazing culture at the heart of the organization

RSS Feed </> Embed