Airgas Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014

2.6

Airgas President & CEO Michael Molinini
Michael Molinini

Pros
  • Pay is good after 10 years or so (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits, good pay, opportunity to advance and a great safety program (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is paranoid to an extreme degree (in 7 reviews)

• Credit is not given where it is due and CUSTOMER SERVICE has gone to the wayside even though Airgas is all about the 3C's (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Airgas overall is a joke.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Port Allen, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Allen, LA

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job where I can work Monday thru Friday.

Cons

Airgas is trying their best to make the working conditions at the Port Allen Plant as bad as possible.

Management should be called the E-Mail crew, that's about all they do in Port Allen except one. Need Repairs done, need supplies. Upper Management within Airgas is really laughable and a disgrace at the way the Port Allen plant is managed and ran. They will come down and threaten us and we have been called dumb, lazy, incompentent. Airgas will brag about buying out more companies and having a nascar sponsor but they don't have the money for employee raises.

You always have to watch your back. To many chiefs and back stabbers.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Boston, MA

I worked at Airgas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Experience and knowledge. Some benefits are pretty good. OVERALL don't bother. Pay is good after 10 years or so.

Cons

Everthing you do is wrong and un safe according to the chiefs who actually have no REAL LIFE experience. This has been thier one and only job.

Let the workers work. They do know what thier doing. Stop hiring illiterate people for short money. Hire experince and PAY them.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Coaching, Compensation is comparable to the industry. Good opportunities for advancement and career paths. The loyalty of your fellow workers is comforting and supportive especially as the economy was not performing well.

Cons

Many mixed signals and a lot of realigning. Clear strategy and objective would help the entire system know the common goal. Too much admin for street sales.

Share more information with the capapble employees. This makes them feel like they are a part of something bigger.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible commission structure

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We sell a wide variety of products

Cons

Account managers are paid on a 70/30 split with commission for over the quota sales. This sounded great when I signed up however I soon realized that the budget is entirely out of reach. I have signed an extremely large amount of business this year. However it does not seam to matter because I have not seen a dime in commission or even more than the 70% of my salary. Then to add insult to injury they already added all business that was in my pipeline to my next years goals. That's business that I have been working on and have not yet gotten. So of I can sign everything I've been working on plus 10% I will make my quota rather than all that new business going toward commission. If I was paid a low straight commission I would easily pull 6 figures. Instead I am living at poverty level

Take an interest in your people listen to those of us who are talking to the customers everyday. Take a look at the good ol boy system in upper management it is BAD for business.

Terrible, weak, unjust. #horrible

Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Associate  in  Germantown, WI
    Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Associate in Germantown, WI

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a job, pays MOST of my bills, definitely not all though.

Cons

TERRIBLE wages since I started YEARS ago. Management is paranoid and there is NO way to move up unless you know someone who knows someone. Unfair treatment of employees, wages and otherwise - some people get to do what they want all day because they complain and management doesn't want to deal with adversity.

Just shell out a portion of the robust income and show the employees you care. A multi bizzilion dollar company has no excuse to have a wage freeze. Ever. (Currently in the midst of our third wage freeze in 10 years). It's hard to be the main bread winner for your family working at a job that clearly doesn't care if you can live at best, a middle class lifestyle. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Airgas Western Dvision - Just Don't Do It

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

An exceptional team of people, hard working, have their coworker and customers best interest in mind.

Cons

Upper management is paranoid to an extreme degree!! It's like an office full of robots who just do as they are told. People are consistently lied to about why people are no longer there. People who leave are ostracized, never allowed back in the building and have their email address blocked so no one can receive email. Human Resources will smile in your face while they stab you in the back repeatedly. They keep it gloomy, cold and woe to the person who smiles or speaks. Their bs open door policy is open the door to complain and the door will be opened for you to leave. Don't trust that anyone has your best interest in mind because they don't. There's a lot of good cop bad cop that goes on. Just remember, good cop is badder cop in disguise.

Don't leave people in the dark. Don't pretend to be some teambased culture when second chances are not in your nature. Don't lie to people. Don't waste people's time by having them come to interviews when you don't actually have an open position. Hire someone in Human Resources who has resources other than write ups. I know honesty is not in your policy or business model. Recognize good people when you you have them. Where did the girl at the front desk go, she up and disappeared. Let your staff talk to each other. Give up leading by Tyranny and you may have a chance.

Big Company, little service

I worked at Airgas

Pros

Private label products, lots of locations.

Cons

On going shortages of core products. After more than two years company is still figuring out its new enterprise software. They are not sure how much they are making where. If you are near top pay scale, polish your resume.

Put more effort into preventing product shortages. Do even more to make your new computer system useful. Where changes in revenue are coming from should not be a mystery to management.
    Grow through sales not just acquisition.

Terrible Management all around the board

Former Employee - Cylinder Maintenance  in  Port Allen, LA
    Former Employee - Cylinder Maintenance in Port Allen, LA

I worked at Airgas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty decent work schedule, and decent benefits and time off

Cons

Where do I start? The worst management I have ever seen. This company tries to push safety so much but doesn't follow through. All the equipment was broken and falling apart. Hostile work environment, even the big wigs did not want to deal with this location. A Lot of unqualified employees, they will hire anybody who can lift a wrench at this plant, and the Turnover rate is through the roof. The starting pay is low and they don't give any raises Stay far away from Airgas Specialty Gases.

Find a system that works,

Good company.

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

stability is good. company runs lean.

Cons

benefits are mediocre. management choices and style questionable at times. pass the buck culture needs to be changed.

Good pay poor environment

I have been working at Airgas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is good, benefits are good. Most employees that work there are good people.

Cons

A lot of managers out for their own. Communication is awful.

Listen to employees instead of looking to place blame.

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!