Ajilon Staffing

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
3.3

John L. Marshall

Pros
  • I liked the work that was offered, really did have work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great potential to make a lot of money, ability to work without any micro management and good training (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • does not cultivate a good work life balance, brings on more of a back stabbing environment- cut throat (in 5 reviews)

• The work never ends and they expect you to always be available via phone and email, even when you are on vacation (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Ajilon in Baltimore, MD

Former Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly office staff. Good pay and good outline of work environment.

Cons

It was a temporary job that didn't convert to full-time. One Senior staff member did not go to bat when things got a little out of hand.

continual contact for feedback in temp roles.

First Experience with Ajilon

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edina, MN

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was placed quickly with hours and I liked. Pay was ok

Cons

I was told I'd make $15 an hour, before I accepted the assignment. It changed to $14.50 an hour but when I got my paycheck it was $14.00 an hour. It took 3 paychecks before the $14.50 was paid. I'm still waiting for the back pay. Plus I signed up for direct deposit and it's been 5 weeks or 4th pay check and I still do not have direct deposit. The not mentioning when I started they said I should have my time card information by Friday. Well on Monday it still was not there. This is the worst it's been for me. I have been temping for 3 years, never has this happened to me. I will not recommend Ajilon to my friends look for employment nor any friends who are looking to hire a staffing company.

I think you should hire the number of people needed in HR or Payroll who set up just the new recruits so that they get set up to be paid quickly and correctly. Even if you have to mail payroll checks they should still come on Fridays not Saturday because technically that is not getting paid on Fridays. Most banks close at noon or if you're blessed 2pm. and that seems to be the day of the week the USPS delivers late.

Business Development Manager

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

does not cultivate a good work life balance, brings on more of a back stabbing environment- cut throat. Does not really care about their employees. They are all about the numbers and not the quality. They run lean so people work too hard because they have to- but that depends on that area you are working in- LA area always runs lean

double standards and favors some and not others. Management makes haste decisions with hiring and firing as well.

Helping new grads get a foot in the door.

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Placement specialists listen to your preferences and keep you up to date on available positions, many temp to hire.

Cons

Contract work is remote so you deal with your agent on phone and email- but it isn't really a con because it is more efficient.

Can't think of anything to advise upon at this time.

Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work, life balance. I feel like our team is an extension of my family. Great office culture. There are great opportunities to make a lot of money with this company. Although it is a competitive environment it does not feel cut throat. While KPI's are important at the end of they day production is what is important.

Cons

With any defined culture there are always "family feuds". However they are generally resolved with little negative outcome.
    Again the culture is VERY defined and while my colleagues and I thrive in this culture it isn't a culture that everyone can thrive in.

Great job placement with great company

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Great Placement and follow up

Cons

No Challenges. No bad experience.

If you have to be a contractor, this is a pretty good place to do it

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They were really supportive and made sure we were fitting and growing at our position. I never felt "cut loose".

Cons

I think contracting generally sucks, knowing that Ajilon was taking about half of what the company I contracted to was paying out. The company paid $50/hr for my services, of which I received $25. I know they paid benefits and all, but I'd much rather have the money that my work is worth and find my own benefits.

I think it would be more fair to give contractors a much larger percentage in return for forgoing any benefits.

This company is wonderful

Current Employee - Receptionist in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy that the jobs that are given are temporary.

Cons

You may have to travel far.

Constant mismatch and lies

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The Ajilon representative is communicative. She responds to emails and phone calls.

Cons

Nothing ever pans out. Every other week I would get a call from her telling me about a new job that was available, and I even once got an interview. But each time she kept saying that the job just fell through. I have a pretty strong resume and a lot of experience, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that all these places just didn’t like me. More likely she was telling me about random things that she hadn’t actually gotten a contract signed for. It way beyond disheartening, and made me feel like the company was just a bunch of liars. The only time I did get placement it was for a job that I was incredibly over qualified for. She told me it was a two week placement, and then the company got angry when I told them my term was ending after the two weeks. Apparently it was not only a two week placement, it was for at last a month, but the Ajilon rep didn't tell me that.

In San Diego, CA. Please get a rep that actually places people into jobs that they are qualified for and who doesn't lie to people

Keeping toxic people will not help the organization grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management, for the most part treated you like adults. Good name recognition in the field.

Cons

Management didn't handle confrontation and allowed extremely toxic and bullying staff to get away with being just that toxic to the team and bullies. It was so bad that within a month of working there, I started looking for a new job. Awful environment.

Realize that just because people are big producers, the team will never grow if you allow them to be awful towards the rest of the staff. (That advice is for division directors, branch managers, VPs and even CEO's.) Your team will never grow and eventually it will get out in the industry that the organization is run extremely poorly because of the terrible toxic even abusive environment.