Ajilon Staffing Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
3.1

John L. Marshall

Pros
  • I liked the work that was offered, really did have work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• great training and company is going in a more satifying direction after merger (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is discouraged, you have to be accessible 24/7 360 for clients and candidates (in 4 reviews)

• The senior management does not contribute much to the branch level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job placement with great company

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Great Placement and follow up

Cons

No Challenges. No bad experience.

If you have to be a contractor, this is a pretty good place to do it

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They were really supportive and made sure we were fitting and growing at our position. I never felt "cut loose".

Cons

I think contracting generally sucks, knowing that Ajilon was taking about half of what the company I contracted to was paying out. The company paid $50/hr for my services, of which I received $25. I know they paid benefits and all, but I'd much rather have the money that my work is worth and find my own benefits.

I think it would be more fair to give contractors a much larger percentage in return for forgoing any benefits.

This company is wonderful

Current Employee - Receptionist in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy that the jobs that are given are temporary.

Cons

You may have to travel far.

Standard Staffing Agency

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Many clients, many opportunities. Recommended resource in your job search. Recruiters are professional and endeavor to establish a high quality relationship with talent.

Cons

Not a lot of effort placed on finding permanent hire positions for talent with prior contract work. Salary is low, sometimes laughably, compared to their competitors.

Great to work for

Former Employee - Temporary Accountant
    Former Employee - Temporary Accountant

I worked at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor

Pros

Working while looking for a permanent job. Service reps listened to your preferences as to where to work, temp to perm assignments, etc. Where there for you when problems arose on the job.

Cons

Some assignments were only temporary, but you are working while job hunting

Not adhering to a plan

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Do things the right way in terms of building a pipeline, great commission percentages compared to other agencies, easy going people/co-workers

Cons

terrible follow through on plans, management definitely plays favorites, inadequate training and employee development, sub-par use of database technology, This organization needs to define its focus and stick with it.

Chaotic and Inconsistent

Former Employee - Staffing Manager
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As an internal employee you are going to learn about all job market in your city, which can be beneficial when looking for work after Ajilon. You will also feel like you are participating in a boot camp program when you are always under pressure and stress! After leaving Ajilon you will feel fearless and knowledgeable. Your confidence will be through the roof and you will never be called shy again.

Cons

Money is the only motivator. Feels like a sorority. Managers 1 - are not producers, 2 - can not take criticism, 3 - show a lot of favoritism, 4 - are afraid to coach employees who are aggressive, lazy or difficult. Benefits are nothing special and pricey. Work-life balance is discouraged, you have to be accessible 24/7 360 for clients and candidates. Read my advice to management...

Chaos and inconsistency comes from (1) management trying to implement programs from the other side of the country and not customizing them to current market, and (2) always trying to create new specialties for recruiters, which ends up with Ajilon being an unsuccessful generalist firm (when they are saying that they are a specialist firm). (3) The success of the branch is measured in dollars generated and the factor that there is a very high turn over rate (an employee leaves/gets hired on every six months) is not taken in consideration. (4) Only successful sales people become managers, who then become mediocre managers that are very hard to respect, lazy, last to show up to work and first to leave and can not truly lead by portraying strong work ethic and enthusiasm.

Staffing Manager

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The associates are great and you'll make friends quickly, but beware that while some are great, some are fake. There are several team building events and it's a fun environment. There is potential for growth if you can make it past the office politics.

Cons

The industry is cut-throat and you can't trust anyone, even if you think you are friends with them. People will stab you in the back without a second thought if it means their commission check will increase. When you interview they claim it's 40-45 hours per week but that's a lie. If you aren't there before 8am and stay until 6...7...8pm sometimes it's frowned upon and "noticed" by management. The work never ends and they expect you to always be available via phone and email, even when you are on vacation. There is no work life balance whatsoever.

Try actually caring about your employees rather than faking it. The games and bonuses are a fun, but when you care more about that than actually retaining hard working employees it's a problem. And the Branch Manager should try working more than 20-25 hours per week when the rest of his staff works well over 50+ hours every week.

Great location and people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time

Pros

Offices are in great locations in the Chicagoland area, the people are great, the offices are clean and new, free meals frequently, opportunity to make very good money.

Cons

Any sales job is challenging

Provide more training

Use at your own risk!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Their office is nice...(not even 20 characters of any pro to mention).

Cons

Good luck getting in contact with your recruiter. It took three weeks for my recruiter to contact me back after emailing him several times. Then he sends me a one line response saying he has nothing at this time. What about the position you interviewed me for?!?

I would not recommend this staffing agency if you are seriously searching for your next job/career.

More training for the recruiters. You want someone to trust you with finding them a job, then take do long to contact an individual back is unacceptable. If someone were on an assignment for you and dropped the ball like that with one of your clients, you would end their contract!