Ajilon Staffing

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
3.1

John L. Marshall

Pros
  • I liked the work that was offered, really did have work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great potential to make a lot of money, ability to work without any micro management and good training (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • does not cultivate a good work life balance, brings on more of a back stabbing environment- cut throat (in 5 reviews)

• The work never ends and they expect you to always be available via phone and email, even when you are on vacation (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Ajilon knows how to retain and take care of top talent!

Current Employee - Staffing Manager
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time

Pros

People
    Compensation (spectacular commission program)
    Leadership
    Career advancement
    Location

Cons

It is in the staffing industry, you work with good and bad candidates
    Pressure
    Some managers and HR professionals at companies we work for look at the staffing firm as expendable
    Base pay is lower because commission program is so aggressive

Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Very nice office environment, stress free environment

Cons

very low pay for skill set, assignments not centrally located

pay according to experience

Ok to work for, poor recruiter support. I had two assignments in 3 yrs even though I called weekly.

Former Employee - Accounting/Bookkeeping in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting/Bookkeeping in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Very friendly and professional-looking. They portray a caring attitude.

Cons

Lazy staffing agents, only worried about numbers. It took 2 yrs being on the available list (being reassured I'd be called for a suitable assignment) and 2 - 3 staffers to finally call to see what was going on. By that time I had moved to another state.

Take the time to check your availability list. Don't just play favorites. You should review your availability lists at least every 3 months to check the status of those on it; if they aren't working for you, find out why. There is nothing more insulting than to get a job or assignment on your own or through another agency only to find out that half the temps came through your agency when you've been on the available list for months and wasn't called for the position.

The Worst

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They found me a job in a tight economy

Cons

Very low pay, Coordinators hard to get in contact with. They don't seem to care.

First Experience with Ajilon

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edina, MN

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was placed quickly with hours and I liked. Pay was ok

Cons

I was told I'd make $15 an hour, before I accepted the assignment. It changed to $14.50 an hour but when I got my paycheck it was $14.00 an hour. It took 3 paychecks before the $14.50 was paid. I'm still waiting for the back pay. Plus I signed up for direct deposit and it's been 5 weeks or 4th pay check and I still do not have direct deposit. The not mentioning when I started they said I should have my time card information by Friday. Well on Monday it still was not there. This is the worst it's been for me. I have been temping for 3 years, never has this happened to me. I will not recommend Ajilon to my friends look for employment nor any friends who are looking to hire a staffing company.

I think you should hire the number of people needed in HR or Payroll who set up just the new recruits so that they get set up to be paid quickly and correctly. Even if you have to mail payroll checks they should still come on Fridays not Saturday because technically that is not getting paid on Fridays. Most banks close at noon or if you're blessed 2pm. and that seems to be the day of the week the USPS delivers late.

Ajilon in Baltimore, MD

Former Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Ajilon Staffing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly office staff. Good pay and good outline of work environment.

Cons

It was a temporary job that didn't convert to full-time. One Senior staff member did not go to bat when things got a little out of hand.

continual contact for feedback in temp roles.

Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work, life balance. I feel like our team is an extension of my family. Great office culture. There are great opportunities to make a lot of money with this company. Although it is a competitive environment it does not feel cut throat. While KPI's are important at the end of they day production is what is important.

Cons

With any defined culture there are always "family feuds". However they are generally resolved with little negative outcome.
    Again the culture is VERY defined and while my colleagues and I thrive in this culture it isn't a culture that everyone can thrive in.

Helping new grads get a foot in the door.

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Placement specialists listen to your preferences and keep you up to date on available positions, many temp to hire.

Cons

Contract work is remote so you deal with your agent on phone and email- but it isn't really a con because it is more efficient.

Can't think of anything to advise upon at this time.

Great job placement with great company

I have been working at Ajilon Staffing

Pros

Great Placement and follow up

Cons

No Challenges. No bad experience.

If you have to be a contractor, this is a pretty good place to do it

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Houston, TX

I worked at Ajilon Staffing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They were really supportive and made sure we were fitting and growing at our position. I never felt "cut loose".

Cons

I think contracting generally sucks, knowing that Ajilon was taking about half of what the company I contracted to was paying out. The company paid $50/hr for my services, of which I received $25. I know they paid benefits and all, but I'd much rather have the money that my work is worth and find my own benefits.

I think it would be more fair to give contractors a much larger percentage in return for forgoing any benefits.