Akeena Solar

Add Photos

Akeena Solar President, CEO, Secretary, Treasurer, and Director Barry Cinnamon

Barry Cinnamon

Nations Leading Solar Power Installation Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTremendous growth - grew to be one of the nations largest. Great brand, tremendous marketing. Wonderful people.

ConsCEO hired a CFO from the newspaper industry that did ruined the company

Leading Solar Installation Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat founder and solar product

ConsChallenged to get an executive who could scale installations.

" the wild west"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Gatos, CA

ProsA good product, a good service. My direct manager was very competent but his superiors were anything but.. Most of the non management were very nice people, all working working hard because they liked the idea of solar.

ConsJust a lot of back stabbing because everyone is worried about looking bad and getting fired. They fire A LOT of people. I think this is because they promote unqualified ( but willing) people too often and then fire them when they cannot do the job. The pay is quite low also. The best way I can describe this company is that management change their mind like the wind and then the rest of the company jack-knifes to respond to the input. It was not a good working environment so I moved on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need experienced management who can make sense of a chaotic work force. They need to project much further down the road and see how their choices today will strongly affect next month, etc. I always felt this company had potential to be a great place to work, it just needs a different style of management in place. Good luck to them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solar company shut down installations to promote distribution

(Former Employee) Los Gatos, CA

Prosgood salary, before layoffs and business unit shut down

Consmassive layoffs, no communication to staff. There was a lack of connection between senior management and the staff.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let personal financial trouble affect your business

Worked for Akeena Solar? Contribute to the Community!