Aker Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aker Solutions President and CEO Øyvind Eriksen

Øyvind Eriksen

Pros
  • Good working environment and can say its a school/collage to learn advanced engineering (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely good when it comes to work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication and knowledge transfer amon business units and/or functional departments (in 3 reviews)

• Constant change, management team is young and therefore inexperienced (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company culture and career opportunities

Risk Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe personnel are the friendliest people I've ever has the pleasure of working with.

ConsCloser communication between departments and management

Advice to Senior ManagementJust wanting as much transparency as possible

Perfect company for starting your career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPerfect company for starting your career

ConsPoor work-life balance (but that's with most of the companies in India)

Sinking Ship. HR, Business, Legal departments have had mass exodus.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHalf day Fridays are a positive.

ConsConstant changes without any direction. Meager bonuses - recently less than 1% of salary. No company culture. Extremely weak management team. No motivation to work towards common goal. Weak President of North America who doesn't interact with employees or develop a culture of collaboration and excellence. Many groups have had entire teams leave. Legal group has had 3 out of 4 members leave in last 3 months due to poor leadership from General Counsel. HR team has had multiple people leave and support to organization is poor from entire group because of lack of resources. Business development team has had key/best people leave to join competitors. If this isn't a sign of a sinking ship then I don't know what is. Go work for a company that actually values employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire executive team that has significant experience and leadership skills. Promoting from within to save money will only work for so long. Cultivate strong leaders in the organization instead of cutting budgets for training. Value your employees and they will work hard for you. Embody the core values instead of just posting them on the walls. These are simple concepts but executive team does not grasp them or does not have the aptitude to lead.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Aker Illusion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI am sure there are some very well meaning people in management that think the posters about Core Values are working.

ConsThere are so many things that could be said, but I will keep it short. Senior-level management not only allows, but creates forged records. The posters regarding “Core Values” are merely colorful pictures on the wall. There is such thing as Whistle Blowers hotline, but I would have to have a modicum of trust for the people running the program.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit turning blind eyes to what you know is happening.

Unfocused

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosopportunities to work on various types of engineering and construction projects. good salary and benefits in upper management.

ConsThe company could not decide what field of engineering and construction to focus on. It seemed to change so often that we had very few repeat clients. Seldom matching for 401K program. Middle management is stuck in the 70's. Very little training in systems or new software.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone in the USA management needs to explain to Oslo how Americans do business. Maybe they should just sell this division to an American company.

A good place to work

ProsFriendly colleagues and good work ethics

Consmanagement system and not a lot of jobs to do.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove communication between lower employees

Good place to learn

Vice President (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood work life balance, can learn allot, good processes, good values

ConsConstant change, management team is young and therefore inexperienced

Advice to Senior ManagementPut experienced managers in charged of BU's pref. people over the age of 50 and not in their 30's or early 40's too much for them to handle

Good employers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to learn a lot. You are given responsibilities based on your capabilities.

ConsNo major con. But the compensation could be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ensure proper work-life balance of the employees

Really like's to keep employees at all cost in stead of laying off they move you to another department

Service Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat benefits and great people

ConsLong hours and offshore alot

It is a great company

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat work/personal life balance. There is a lot of opportunitys for travel and learn different technologies and cultures.

ConsToo many reorganizations in a short period of time. Lack of integration between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company wants grow and for this happen, needs get more contracts. A better integration between Business Development, Engineering and Procurement is mandatory to allow get more work.
    Invest in more training (not only SAP).

Worked for Aker Solutions? Contribute to the Community!