Aker Solutions

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aker Solutions President and CEO Øyvind Eriksen

Øyvind Eriksen

Pros
  • Good working environment and can say its a school/collage to learn advanced engineering (in 11 reviews)

• Extremely good when it comes to work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication and knowledge transfer amon business units and/or functional departments (in 3 reviews)

• Constant change, management team is young and therefore inexperienced (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

SAP SD Analyst (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGreat working environment and emphasise highly on work-life balance. The senior management is very open to dialogues and discussions and they are easily to approach.

ConsCompany bonus is not too attractive compared to other oil and gas companies.

Excellent company culture and career opportunities

Risk Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe personnel are the friendliest people I've ever has the pleasure of working with.

ConsCloser communication between departments and management

Advice to Senior ManagementJust wanting as much transparency as possible

"The company with the best products I ever worked for."

Service Engineer (Current Employee) Erkelenz (Germany)

ProsQualified service engineers and good training on the job and in our workshop as well. Open and direct conversations is endorsed by our management. Decent employee benefits.

ConsNo fixed rotation. No bonus payed off time (POT).

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a decent 4/4 weeks on/off system.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good

Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) Stavanger (Norway)

ProsGoood work enviroment, training, good/clear work instructions, organized., PEM.

ConsGood oportunities to grow up and inprove your skill

Calm and friendly environment

Engineer I (Current Employee) Oslo (Norway)

ProsFlexible working hours, good payment

ConsLimited career growths, not that much chances to get new knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the core working hours

International company with motivating and friendly work invironment

Tender Coordinator (Current Employee) Lysaker (Norway)

ProsBeing a large international company, there are many influences and many cultural aspects that enrich the work environment. It colours the organisation and gives it a vibrant atmosphere.

ConsThe senior management level is lined with many Norwegians, which does not represent the internationality of the company. Norwegian work mentality sometimes differs from internationally accepted mentality, making it a challenge (but not impossible!) to do business.

A great company with a great working environment

Tender and Sales Trainee (Current Employee) Tranby (Norway)

ProsVery international: you will meet so many different and interesting people. Aker Solutions gives you the freedom to make what you want out of your own position; flexitime, tasks, office locations and so on. Aker Solutions is well known for taking good care of its employees.

ConsAker Solutions is a huge company and because of its nature this makes some things very time-consuming (everything has to go through so many people before it can be successfully confirmed), which again can be frustrating to a certain level.

lot of things to learn

Prosgood for Oil & Gas Experience

Consnot good for contrct employee

Sinking Ship. HR, Business, Legal departments have had mass exodus.

Anonymous (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHalf day Fridays are a positive.

ConsConstant changes without any direction. Meager bonuses - recently less than 1% of salary. No company culture. Extremely weak management team. No motivation to work towards common goal. Weak President of North America who doesn't interact with employees or develop a culture of collaboration and excellence. Many groups have had entire teams leave. Legal group has had 3 out of 4 members leave in last 3 months due to poor leadership from General Counsel. HR team has had multiple people leave and support to organization is poor from entire group because of lack of resources. Business development team has had key/best people leave to join competitors. If this isn't a sign of a sinking ship then I don't know what is. Go work for a company that actually values employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire executive team that has significant experience and leadership skills. Promoting from within to save money will only work for so long. Cultivate strong leaders in the organization instead of cutting budgets for training. Value your employees and they will work hard for you. Embody the core values instead of just posting them on the walls. These are simple concepts but executive team does not grasp them or does not have the aptitude to lead.

average

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

Prosgood engineering team but small

Conssmall money, less than enough compensation, poorest company of the Aker

Worked for Aker Solutions? Contribute to the Community!