Akraya Reviews

1. Akraya is OK - typical contracting company from my experience

Current Employee - Project Coordinator/Project Manager I in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator/Project Manager I in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at Akraya

Pros

Akraya is ok as far as contracting companies go, not the best or worse. They offer health benefits and try to help ensure timesheets and any other documents are submitted on time. They also have very timely responses for any of your inquiries.

Cons

Working at a contracting company can leave you feeling like you are on your own and have to fend for yourself. They don't always know much about the company they're having you work at, but they are the people designated to tell you about the end of your contract, etc. I did not like that Akraya told me the job they were submitting me for was very close to the city I live in, just to find out that they knew very little about what the company i would be working at was actually looking for (my interview was over an hour away from the city i live in but luckily the company was looking for me to work remotely or in the Cambridge office - i guess thats where the confusion around the location came from). At the end of the day you are left feeling pretty much like a cash cow and like you are only contacted when they need something from you.

Jun 12, 2015Director, Human Resources

Thank you for leaving us a very constructive review. You mentioned help with timesheets, documents and timely response from our team. We’re very proud of our HR team and it’s nice to see the K.I.T ... More

Run - Don

Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Akraya

Pros

Was able to provide me with a great contract opportunity

Cons

Contract terms were beyond less than favorable. Net 45 upon receipt of invoice which they would only take monthly (thereby extending the payment terms another 3 weeks). Late payment of work without any advanced notice. No proactive communication to contract workers about potential issues. I was not the only 1099 contractor they have played the game of "stop paying the contractor" while continuing to bill and collect money from the client at the contractor's expense.

Advice to Management

Outsource your accounting, scale back and fire most of your unnecessary (corporate freeloader) employees and learn how to run a real business. Otherwise you will go belly up before you know it.

Jun 12, 2015Director, Human Resources

First, allow us to apologize for any delay in payments beyond the payment terms. I’m sorry that your Net 45 contract terms have been a subject of dissatisfaction for you.
    Your feedback is valuable
    ... More

3. Review

I have been working at Akraya

Pros

Open and free-thinking environment, Autonomous, no bureaucracy, Leadership easily accessible.

Cons

many many many moving parts

Advice to Management

Incorporate professional/leadership development for employees into the core values of the company

5. Management with vision, great culture, nice people, good future

I have been working at Akraya

Pros

The management team of Founders and CEO are a driven team with vision. They have built an inclusive culture and all employees feel part of a single team driven towards organizational goals. Very professional environment, yet there is a family like vibe.

Cons

cannot think of one right now

Advice to Management

Keep up the good spirit.

One of best staffing companies to work for!

Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Akraya

Pros

This is one of the best companies in the bay area. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. I have had great experience with them.

Two years ago, I was laid off and was struggling in a tough job market. Akraya took me in and treated me like family. Their recruiters and account managers like Parth and Ekta worked very hard for me.

Their management team has strong leadership. Their Founder Amar, President Sonu and CEO Pankaj have a clear vision for the company and laser-like focus in executing it. Other members of their executive team like Bryan, VP of Accounts, and Keshava, Head of HR, run a flawless operation. They are courteous, punctual and always deliver on their objectives.

They have regular social events to help make their employees feel at home and everyone genuinely gets along. Akraya is a diverse and young company, in many way she embodies the iconic virtues of an American company. It was founded by immigrants and was made successful by the ingenuity of its employees. The people at Akraya come from many different religious and ethnic backgrounds. Akraya successfully assimilates them and creates a vibrant organization.

I 100% recommend it.

Cons

Lot of work and can be demanding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, more Social events would be good.

Jan 20, 2015Marketing

Thank you for the positive feedback.
    I think you’ll be excited to learn that we have a full calendar of events to roll out for every location with lots of fun in store for 2015.

Akraya
    ... More

7. Tons of Opportunity - Great Place for the Ambitious

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Akraya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love how much influence a single employee can make in this company.
    It's an incredible start-up culture with the revenues to support innovative change. Management is very receptive to new ideas and even encourages each employee to put their thoughts for change in a Suggestion Box. The company is very transparent and will share all victories and losses with an open ear to how we can improve and sustain our success.
    For a person who is incredibly ambitious, this company is the perfect place to apply your energy and watch the fruits of your labor bloom.

Cons

This ambitious culture can breed some overworked personnel - including the CEO who is often in the office until way past bedtime.

Advice to Management

Do a little more to acknowledge your hard-workers with rewards like spontaneous ice cream parties and half-day holidays. A hard worker doesn't know when to quit.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - CSS in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - CSS in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Akraya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started at Akraya one of the most surprising aspects was how happy everyone was and how welcoming they were to me. Everyone was willing help me get situated. I can honestly say I enjoyed going into work everyday.

Cons

There really wasn't any cons when working here.

Great place to work, learn and grow, Beyond Amazing !!

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Akraya full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company where employees come first, takes care of each and every employee!
    Exceptional Leadership of Recruitment Director (Nehal) and CEO (Pankaj) and Founder (Amar).
    Great Sales team and account management team in place.
    Process and Goal oriented.
    Super benefits, I just love Pool and Ping-pong table along with free cleaning service, Snacks and parties and much more :)
    Leadership team is always available to talk and guide, Open door policy.
    Managers show interest in career growth of every individual and work towards achieving it together.
    Great work-life balance and strong sense of culture!!

I joined Akraya 5 years back and since then I have had great professional experience one could have. Akraya puts trust in its employees and gives a a great career path to its employees and ensures that mutual goal is achieved. It has been a fantastic journey so far. You get the best mentorship in the industry and they ensure that you grow in a direction where it is beneficial to you and and the company. Resource Managers, Recruitment director and VP of account management always make an effort that employees are happy about their work and would always pitch in to help in any matter.

Recruitment Director and CEO are "The best" in the industry and are always welcoming new thoughts, processes and recognizes talent. They trust the decision of subordinates and never micro manage. They are well known in the circle and share as well as implement some of the best practices and processes in the company.

There have been ups and downs in the company but which company doesnt goes through that. Founder of the company addresses the employees that "You learn from your mistakes" so don't hesitate to try new things and puts trust in his employees. Company is very transparent in its approach and in every monthly meeting the revenue for the month and profit/loss is announced. Company recognizes the performers and takes efforts in guiding employees who are not performing well and ensures that right guidance is provided. Company has the perfect hierarchy in place by keeping best interest of the employees.

Looking forward to grow with Akraya!!!!

Cons

It would be great if company sponsored lunch is provided and more vacation time!! :)
    More Flexibility.

Advice to Management

More Professional Training can be done for the employees.
    Sponsoring education or higher studies for the employees for better career development.
    Improving the salary then the industry standards (Who doesnt like more money :) !!

Management is just Superb!! :)

Friendly, exciting, drive to excel

Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Akraya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people oriented, friendly and personable environment, flexible, freedom to explore opportunities

Cons

personal growth, promotions, subjective decision making

poor

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Akraya full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$20 for house cleaning service twice a month...

Cons

everything you can imagine... Many pockets of poor leadership and lack of accountability exist. Change in culture not embraced or understood by any employees. The CEO is very condesending towards bottom level especially woman...

Oct 13, 2014Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback & I am sorry you felt that way. The leadership team at Akraya collectively strives towards honest and ongoing efforts to care for every employee. This is something that is ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed