Akraya
www.akraya.com Sunnyvale, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Akraya Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Pankaj Jindal

Had a very professional experience at Akraya.

Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsMultiple clients so they are very proactive about finding new projects , established relationships with clients based on understanding their needs, and delivery to these needs, very approachable and reasonable.

ConsOnly con is they should try to expand to other places than bay area

Not what I thought it would be

(Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsHousecleaning, nice people, fun parties.

ConsSeems like it's all a rouse. They tell you things in the interview, and make promises they have no intention of keeping. When reminded of what was promised, you get a lot of push back. CEO has stepped down and a new CEO in place who doesn't share the same vision and a lot of the people, including me, who've been here many years feel that all that made it a great company, is now gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the core that made the company great in the first place. Get rid of new CEO and reinstate the old one.

Flag Review
    Akraya Founder responded to this review Apr 3, 2014 EditDelete
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to note that our recent leadership transition seems have been challenging for you (and other long term employees). Both, Pankaj (the new CEO) an I have been cognizant of retaining and
    ... More

Horrible Company

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsThey place you within good companies

ConsThey don't support you, or provide you with growth opportunities. They don't increase your salary

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, they are not Slaves. Management should touch bases with their workers in the field. They only care about their Clients.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Akraya doesn't care about their consults.

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsYou were contacted about a great job opportunity.

ConsYour career becomes stagnated, they do not give raises after you are hired into a position. There is absolutely no support from from management and staff, the internal turnover rate is at about 75%, I have worked for them for 2 years and have had 4 account managers. The position is currently open and being filled by someone who was the receptionist last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to care more for your employees than the clients that you support. Support your contractors and help them achieve career goals. Whoever thought of the tag line wasn't a contract working for you.

Discrimination and unethical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the employees were very nice.

ConsDiscrimination, unethical, favoritism, lack of integrity.

Akraya's cultures and Values give full contentment to me - Yamuna Ganesan

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsAkraya has successfully established business-consulting services with top IT companies.
    This creates trust in client to gladly take on a bigger role in their businesses.
    The process that HR takes to identify receptive candidates help Akraya in executing the engagement for long run and survive in the competitive environment.
    Immigration team has the ability to handle individual issues efficiently and does its best in assisting with excellent immigration solutions.

ConsGreat range of direct clients in IT, maybe should expand into other industries

Right place to be if you are a consultant in Bay Area

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsI have been here for over 2 years. They are an extremely consultant oriented agency unlike typical body shops that you find in the Bay Area. They took care of my immigration needs very well without any hassles.
    The management is open to feedback & suggestions and strives to delivering what was promised.

ConsMore consultant parties will be welcome

Employment with the new company

Storage Administrator (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThis is a good company to work at. They have a lot of clients that they can place you at and the company had good direct clients

ConsI dont see a downside with working for this company. These placed me at a client location in San Francisco and things have been good so far

A great place to start a career

Client Success Specialist (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat colleagues, experienced management, great opportunity for advancement.

Akraya is not only a great place to learn/advance in the staffing industry but also a fun place to work. From day one your colleague's make you feel like part of the team and will be happy to help/give advice to help you succeed.

Great benefits and perks and a fair salary.

ConsVery fast paced industry, requires a lot of multitasking. Akraya is in a state of expansion right now, so the organizational changes can be a little confusing at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade our T-Mobile Cell data plan so we can use our mobile phones as wifi hotspots.

10 years & still in love!

Sunnyvale, CA

Pros-high core values like integrity and fun
    -let's me have the most important thing-work/life balance
    -empowerment to employees to grow & succeed
    -some awesome perks

Constook me 1/2 an hour to think of what to put here but still haven't come up with anything yet......though some more money is always a good thing ;-)

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for being so open, continue listening....

Worked for Akraya? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akraya reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Akraya CEO Pankaj Jindal. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Akraya employees.