Akustica

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stefan Finkbeiner

great company, great people, very relaxed

Intern (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosaround very diverse and intelligent people, cool company to work for, nice coworkers

Consthe pay could be better

Advice to Senior Managementeverything is pretty smooth really.

Good people, bad company

Technician (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI interned here during college and stayed after I graduated. My boss was awesome and he tried to get me hired on full time until I left. I worked there for 9 months full time and they still wouldn't give me benefits or vacation.

ConsAt the time they were being bought by Bosch so I understand they weren't in an optimum situation but they could've given me benefits since I was a full time employee. The pay is lacking. A lot of good people are in bad moods just because of the lack of organization

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees better and listen to what they have to say.

Amazing

IC Design Intern (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe team I worked with at Akustica was great, I learnt a lot. The people at Akustica are very helpful. Work culture is great. On a whole I can say that I had a fantastic time interning at Akustica

ConsI think the pay can be better

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I want more!

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsBecause Bosch Group took over Akustica you get the Bosch experience which is a good one, not too strict and yet an effective workplace.

ConsMy time here was cut short, I wish I could continue working here to excel further within the Bosch Group. I was also utilized as a technician rather than getting more engineering work under my belt.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time out for training, not all management is the same, but my department was continuously bombarded with work that held back my training and effectiveness at work.

Excellent company culture and experience

(Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Pros-Lots of little perks (ex: such as free mugs, bus passes, and German classes)
    -Relaxed company culture (ex: shorts, headphones, and flip flops are all allowed)
    -Mostly friendly coworkers (ex: many employees become actual friends rather than work friends and will hang out on weekends or after work)
    -Located in Southside

Cons-Pay is a little on the low side
    -Small company means one or two ornery coworkers can hurt the atmosphere

Worked for Akustica? Contribute to the Community!