Al's Beef

Mediocre Position

Cashier (Former Employee)
Park Ridge, IL

I worked at Al's Beef

ProsEasy job, little pressure to perform. The managers appeared friendly at first. Colleagues were cool to work with, no paper work.

ConsToo much micro management, crappy fast food job, lots of heat in front of the grill, late weekend shifts, poor salary

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old managers sold the place, which was probably for the best, so it's hard to say. Maybe the place has improved.

Horrible company at franchise level.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Al's Beef

ProsI'm sure that most of the stores serve good food and the owners are hardworking business people. However the corporate franchise company sucks.just look at how many franchises have closed, how many they say are opening, and how many never open. I'm sure it's fine to work in the individual stores for a good franchise owner.

Consthe corporate franchise company is absolutely horrible. No support to franchisees and no communication when problems are identified. Dave Howey, the president, is inept. Just call the individual stores and see how much they like the franchise company.

Advice to Senior Managementthink long and hard before you ever consider opening An Al's Beef franchise. They make you buy all new equipment, make you buy equipment not suited for your market, in other words you'll end up with twice as much money invested and is really needed.then they sit back and watch you fail. Don't answer emails, don't return phone calls, don't provide financial analysis as requested and as agreed, etc.

I was disrespected, paid a dismal wage and my intellect was insulted on a daily basis: don't work here!

Server (Former Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Al's Beef

ProsHalf-off meal at the end of your shift.

ConsManagement is disrespectful and ignorant; pay is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better!

Worked for Al's Beef? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Al's Beef reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Al's Beef CEO Dave Howey. All reviews posted anonymously by Al's Beef employees.