Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

Alabama Metal Industries Corporation Reviews

2.1

Joseph D. Smith
1 Rating

It can be a great company again.

I worked at Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

Pros

Good benefits. 401k match.
    Bonus plan is great when plan is met
    Work/life balance is good

Cons

Some national managers are too out of touch and too willing to look the other way when problems arise
    Too many people in the wrong position.
    Too many good people have left
     Does not emphasize leadership skills and does not offer any management training
    Company seems to be getting weak at its core.

Empower managers to make decisions beyond the national level and get back to servicing the customer (and not just the stock holders). Keep the good employees and develop them to be leaders.

No Place To Be Right Now

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Alabama Metal Industries Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation fair
    Good bonus plan when goals are met
    Equitable work / life balance

Cons

Horrible working atmosphere
    Absolutely no teamwork
    No such thing as job security

Ever since Corporate handed down unrealistic profit goals, the company has totally lost focus on the customer and considers only the bottom line to pacify the stockholders. Management knew it could make those impossible numbers only by cutting salary expense, which resulted in so many people downsized or going elsewhere to avoid being dowsized that the company is now unable to serve the needs of the customer base due to lack of manpower. I was one of the lucky ones who found another job and balied before the Corporate axe claimed my head. Placement service told me that they have more people from this company looking to get out than from any other client. Company is literally unable to fill some positions because every qualified person in the area knows their reputation and won't touch them. People remaining there are overburdened, hyperstressed, and are constantly on the lookout for a back to stick a knife in in an effort to protect their own precarious position. I have never worked anywhere where people work against each other as they do at this place.HR department is absolute worst I have ever seen. They have such a huge measure of contempt for the very work force that they are supposed to be there to serve that they discourage employees from bringing issues to them by being insulting and making them feel like idiots. Horrible, horrible place to work.

Corporate has given you an unrealistic goal. If you can't develope the backbone it takes to tell them that what they want can't be done without unacceptable cost to the company's functionality, I would suggest that you find other employment, as many already have, before they replace you, too.