Alachua County Gainesville, Florida

www.alachuacounty.us

Alachua County Gainesville, Florida Reviews

2.4

CEO

Great place to work for Low pay

Current Employee - Support Technician in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Alachua County Gainesville, Florida full-time

Pros

Have worked here for 16+ years and really like my department and people I work with.

Cons

No raises or opportunities for advancement.

Recognize the loyal talented employees or watch them leave for greener pastures.

Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Alachua County Gainesville, Florida full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Four-day work weeks for a couple of years now and great people.

Cons

Management just doesn't care about anyone unless they are family. I have watched several good employees that just want to do a good job and get paid for it leave because of the abuse and mis-management.

Look around you as you are not the people that makes the company work. It is us lowly souls beneath you that make or break you. There are people here that want to be paid fairly and do a good job, and some that do nothing all-day-long. It is frustrating to see as these people seem to get advanced and the rest of us have to move on.

No where to go.

Former Employee - Records Specialist IV in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Records Specialist IV in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Alachua County Gainesville, Florida full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some reall y great people work for Alachua County. Most of them are just trying to earn an honest wage for an honest day's work.

Cons

The only way to stay employed or to advance is to be related to someone in power. Otherwise you are just another smuck who the higher ups look down upon. Most of the time the only time they acknowledge your existance is if they want something from you. Otherwise you are invisible and not worthy of even a Hello!

Quit putting out fires and try to switch to a pro-active management style. And start looking around at who actually produces and who is just hanging out for the day. You also may want to pay attention to those who have a self imposed quota of how much work they will do in a day. Your stats will show that these individuals consistantly have pretty much the same numbers each day. And pay attention to your middle management team. If you heard an employee speak to the public the way middle management speaks to your staff, they would be written up or looking for employment somewhere else.

Very stressful due to politics

I have been working at Alachua County Gainesville, Florida

Pros

Decent benefits, training opportunities and serving the public.

Cons

1 full year of probationary status, low wages, and too many politics.

Allow division directors more authority to do their jobs without interference with middle and upper management.

Unfilfilling

Current Employee - Fiscal Assistant
    Current Employee - Fiscal Assistant

I have been working at Alachua County Gainesville, Florida

Pros

They have an excellent benefits package

Cons

The employee morale is very low