Alain Pinel Realtors
www.apr.com Saratoga, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Alain Pinel Realtors Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Alain Pinel Realtors – Saratoga – “Halloween party”

Paul Hulme

APR provides state of the art training to their agents on a continuous basis

Saratoga, CA

ProsBest productivity tools, constantly evolving and improving the technology and tools. Upper management works hard to provide the latest information to their agents to keep them informed about changes in the marketplace on a global level.

Computers and networks are always being upgraded to keep agents working with the best tools. Legal updates are provided annually, training is provided every week, and our weekly meetings are always very informative and useful!

ConsAs with most offices, the commission split for new agents is on the low side, fees paid for desk and technology are on the high side, but totally worth it. Glassdoor made me write more than I wanted. :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview exiting agents to learn why they leave.

O.K.

ProsMasters Program is great and for that reason alone, it is a good company to start your career with.

ConsIt's not perfect. If you can be a self starter and focused you will find the right people to support you should you need help.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould benefit from stepping into the future of where the business model of real estate is going.

professional organization and well run

Agent (Current Employee)
    Burlingame, CA

Prosname recognition and local reputation with sales presence among the more expensive areas of northern california especially in the san francisco bay area

Conshigh fees and corporate structure with little flexibility when comes to corporate policies and large offices without a friendly family type atmosphere, meaning every man or woman for themselves and no real support system among fellow agents. Constant marketing of charities and other causes at meetings pressuring agents for donations & participation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor computer support for fees charged and no one ever available at the phone number to call as well as no one ever returns calls when messages left. No competent or readily available tech to support the $2300 annual tech fee other than admin people in office who usually know less than myself.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High End Real Estate Brokerage

Real Estate Agent (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

Prosmarketing materials
    training opportunities
    corporate image
    legal updates
    Overall the company has a great marketing presence and good marketing materials that support the luxury end of the market.

Consno real lead generation
    not much comraderie
    The office lacks a sense of comraderie and the space is not well suited for any collaborative office culture. Computers were all recently updated but very sluggish nonetheless.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove SAVI (the back office intgranet site). the real usability of the APR intranet is questionable. Lots of tools but not all accessible,

It's a great company with an awesome marketing campaign and first-rate marketing material.

Pleasanton, CA

ProsAlain Pinel is currently the #1 real estate company on the East Bay for agent and office productivity and for obtaining the highest dollar amount for our sellers.

ConsThe employee/company split is very low for new agents starting a business. I've seen them having difficulties in growing their businesses without having the capital to do it.

a nicely groomed company, with professional agents.

San Mateo, CA

ProsGood Sales Tools, A nice company image, Resources. Nice Office Space. Knowledgeable People.

ConsA bit of a cool, you can come or go attitude. Not all deals are the same with agents.

Very accommodating, positive and encouraging.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThey recruited me and have consistently supported me with website training, a monthly database payment, a decent split, private office and encouragement.

ConsMy business is commercial and Alain Pinel is primarily residential.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be great to have a new agent introduction book to show where everything is in the office, how to operate fax, printers, general rules and regs.

it is great to be in an office with very respected agents, a seasoned knowledgable manager and nice office space.

Menlo Park, CA

ProsThe public perceives Alain Pinel Realtors to have the highest standards, and best presented listing inventory. We also lead the area in our advertising look...all of the competitors eventually follow our lead.

ConsThere's no where else to go that is desirable should you want to leave. Each office is a bit different depending on the manager. Be sure to check more than one out to ensure te best fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the high standards...don't let up. Don't think of saving money on technology...it s worth he investment to stay current.

Great Marketing, poor management skills ...

Los Gatos, CA

ProsVery recognizable name, great and continuous training, professional and well respected fellow Realtors.

ConsShared desks, large office, lack of encouragement, noisy, required meetings, management supports a group of individuals very well but at the expense of the overall office.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and support all Realtors, not just the boys club. Be professional in handling issues, be consistent and equitable when dealing with disagreements. Provide written policies and procedures outlining how disputes are resolved and adhere to them consistently. Provide a mechanism for resolving disputes between management and Realtors. Stop creating barriers for new Realtors including the mentor program which takes 50% of your first two transactions, but frequently extends to more than two transactions.

Great Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe staff recognizes hard work and is very supportive of your endeavors with the company.

There are top notch brokers there to support you with advice when needed

ConsThe nature of the job is very sales oriented, namely, the balance between work life and your personal life may be out of whack for several months when you just start out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep in mind that your brokers do have a family life as well and be understanding of this fact.

Worked for Alain Pinel Realtors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alain Pinel Realtors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alain Pinel Realtors CEO Paul Hulme. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Alain Pinel Realtors employees.