www.apr.com

4.1

Paul Hulme

Former Employee - Realtor in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Alain Pinel Realtors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collegial environment. Good training program

Cons

Commission structure and hours required.

Solid privately held company

Former Employee - Realtor in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Alain Pinel Realtors as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Owner remains involved and company is family owned. Allows management to make decisions. Keeps employees and realtors up-to-date with all new legal requirements, information systems and sales techniques.

Cons

Offices can be on the large side and one on one time with management can be hard to get. Still an overall great envirornment given the competitive nature of the business.

APR provides state of the art training to their agents on a continuous basis

Current Employee - Realtor in Saratoga, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Saratoga, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best productivity tools, constantly evolving and improving the technology and tools. Upper management works hard to provide the latest information to their agents to keep them informed about changes in the marketplace on a global level.

Computers and networks are always being upgraded to keep agents working with the best tools. Legal updates are provided annually, training is provided every week, and our weekly meetings are always very informative and useful!

Cons

As with most offices, the commission split for new agents is on the low side, fees paid for desk and technology are on the high side, but totally worth it. Glassdoor made me write more than I wanted. :-)

Interview exiting agents to learn why they leave.

O.K.

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Masters Program is great and for that reason alone, it is a good company to start your career with.

Cons

It's not perfect. If you can be a self starter and focused you will find the right people to support you should you need help.

Could benefit from stepping into the future of where the business model of real estate is going.

professional organization and well run

Current Employee - Agent in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

name recognition and local reputation with sales presence among the more expensive areas of northern california especially in the san francisco bay area

Cons

high fees and corporate structure with little flexibility when comes to corporate policies and large offices without a friendly family type atmosphere, meaning every man or woman for themselves and no real support system among fellow agents. Constant marketing of charities and other causes at meetings pressuring agents for donations & participation.

Poor computer support for fees charged and no one ever available at the phone number to call as well as no one ever returns calls when messages left. No competent or readily available tech to support the $2300 annual tech fee other than admin people in office who usually know less than myself.

High End Real Estate Brokerage

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

marketing materials
    training opportunities
    corporate image
    legal updates
    Overall the company has a great marketing presence and good marketing materials that support the luxury end of the market.

Cons

no real lead generation
    not much comraderie
    The office lacks a sense of comraderie and the space is not well suited for any collaborative office culture. Computers were all recently updated but very sluggish nonetheless.

improve SAVI (the back office intgranet site). the real usability of the APR intranet is questionable. Lots of tools but not all accessible,

It's a great company with an awesome marketing campaign and first-rate marketing material.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors

Pros

Alain Pinel is currently the #1 real estate company on the East Bay for agent and office productivity and for obtaining the highest dollar amount for our sellers.

Cons

The employee/company split is very low for new agents starting a business. I've seen them having difficulties in growing their businesses without having the capital to do it.

a nicely groomed company, with professional agents.

Current Employee - Realtor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors

Pros

Good Sales Tools, A nice company image, Resources. Nice Office Space. Knowledgeable People.

Cons

A bit of a cool, you can come or go attitude. Not all deals are the same with agents.

it is great to be in an office with very respected agents, a seasoned knowledgable manager and nice office space.

Current Employee - Realtor in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Realtor in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors

Pros

The public perceives Alain Pinel Realtors to have the highest standards, and best presented listing inventory. We also lead the area in our advertising look...all of the competitors eventually follow our lead.

Cons

There's no where else to go that is desirable should you want to leave. Each office is a bit different depending on the manager. Be sure to check more than one out to ensure te best fit.

Keep up the high standards...don't let up. Don't think of saving money on technology...it s worth he investment to stay current.

Very accommodating, positive and encouraging.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Alain Pinel Realtors

Pros

They recruited me and have consistently supported me with website training, a monthly database payment, a decent split, private office and encouragement.

Cons

My business is commercial and Alain Pinel is primarily residential.

Would be great to have a new agent introduction book to show where everything is in the office, how to operate fax, printers, general rules and regs.

Alain Pinel Realtors Photos