Alameda County Medical Center

Updated Feb 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wright L. Lassiter III

great company,my director was very supportive,great experience overall.

Clerical/Receptionist Dental Office (Former Employee) Placerville, CA

Proslearning and challenging yourself,becoming independent

ConsI find it a challenge not getting involved in the gossip,I was there to work only.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication

An eye-opener

Specialist Clerk (Former Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsIt is easily accessible with public transportation and their own shuttle service. The employees there are great to work with.

ConsWorking with management is very challenging. Some of their policies should be reviewed.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more carefully and hear what employees are saying.

Great place to observe, great support for volunteers!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood support system and learning opportunities for volunteers!

ConsCommunication with volunteer department is a little bit difficult.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LOTS of waste...within administration

ProsPatient care is ok. The access is hard as the population is far too large for the amount of doctors / nurses...

ConsManagement is dysfunctional and has no idea which end is up. Multiple WASTEFUL priorities at the same time. No leadership from upper management to middle management. VERY VERY wasteful in terms of administration - employees work there to get a pension.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the waste - cut the employees who do no work and focus on rewarding those that do.

If you want a career, not just a job, stay away.

ProsA lot of employees with good experience and intentions.
    Moving in the right direction but the transformation may not be fast enough to survive the changes coming to healthcare.

ConsSystemic issues that get in the way of implementation. Major infrastructure systems are missing/ just being built. Very hard to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign at the senior level - everything else flows from there. Employees can't execute on priorities if there is no consistent message from leadership about what the priorities are. The message from leadership is often "X is the priority but that doesn't mean we can stop doing Y". Employees, especially middle managers are overworked, stressed and need support from the top.

Avoid this place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oakland, CA

ProsDecent PTO, okay retirement plan though you pay a significant amount of money for it. I'm not sure they contribute anything.

ConsLack of communication, poor facilities, lack of opportunities, slow or no reimbursment for expenses related to your job. Nepotism, favortism. Bad, bad, bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing.

The chance to do good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsServing the population of this public health system is intrinsically valuable. Speaking over 100 languages, what they have in common is that the safety net is the only net they have. It's incredibly motivating to know you're helping to make a difference.

ConsThe culture encourages mistrust among employees, and rewards employees for acting on that mistrust. The behavior of many leaders and employees suggests that their frequent protestation that the needs of the patients are paramount are a smokescreen for the score-settling and anger that marks so much of each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees tell the difference between settling scores and making a difference.

Humbuling

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGiving back to the community.

ConsToo much retaliation with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff.

Worked for Alameda County Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!