Alamo Rent A Car Reviews

Alamo Rent A Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Challenging yet rewarding

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

Commission structure and consistent positive reinforcement makes working hard with peers as well as management fun and rewarding

Cons

Personally had a difficult time at times with the hypocrisy of the mantra sell with integrity sure to some of the coached sales tactics

Reward service equally with sales and do not reward shifty and dishonest sales tactics

Insensitive group of managers

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

The benefits are ok.When it comes to managers speaking on your behalf to get things moving. Nothing gets done.It's horrible going to a job where you don't feel appreciated. Since Enterprise Gained Ownership We have been a sunken ship for some time. The moral Down.

Cons

WORKING IN THE HEAT NO FANS TO CIRCULATE. NO ENTHUSIASM

Have a bit more compassion for your employees. Have a listening ear and be willing to move on our concerns. Where is Undercover Boss when you need him.

Get whatever you need to get out of it and then run!!

Current Employee - Car Rental Agent
    Current Employee - Car Rental Agent

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Alamo, you work with a lot of good people...some of the best people I have met in my life. Also, the hourly wage is laughable but the commission can be really good during the busy seasons.

Cons

Management is horrible!! Supervisors are too busy sending emails back and forth all day to deal with customers or supporting their employees. If you want to move up in the company, be prepared to kiss a whole lot of butt your entire career. Management always takes the customer's side before their own employees.

Value your employees more!! We can be your best asset or your worst enemy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be a lot better. Constant switch in managers since enterprise took over.

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

Good co-workers, meeting people from all over the world, discounts on cars are sometimes good(rates go up and down like customers rates do), driving all the new cars.

Cons

The pay. Max pay is $11 an hour. The whiny customers who milk the company out of money because they know the system. Sometimes it feels like customers are treated better. No sick days. All the good managers hardly ever stay. Some of the bonuses suck. Management is very sneaky also.

Listen to employees more. Try to treat us like you actually care. Max pay at $11 an hour is ridiculous!

This job is not something you turn into a career

Former Employee - Exit Booth Agent  in  College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Exit Booth Agent in College Park, GA

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours were always there plus overtime and the benefits were great @hartsfield-jackson international airport

Cons

The hardly ever promote, so much gossip and employees talking behind each others back, scandal between old boss and co worker and she still works there and fired him instead of both!!!

Give more opportunity for part-time to become full-time. Let some of those old people on the counter that get all the commission alternate with exit booth agents.

Highly recommended

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

You meet lots of people, from all over the world. You definitely learn a lot on how to make quick decisions depending on the circumstances (e.g If the customer comes out for a specific car and we do not have it, quickly show them another one similar to, if not better, than the one they had expected). Benefits are good, too. It's not a bad job at all.

Cons

Not the best pay, and you have to deal with a lot of annoying and extremely rude customers.

Management COULD show a little more interest and 'caring' towards their employees; and it's nice when they 'have your back' when a customer gets rude to you, instead of taking their side and letting them disrespect you.

Just a job - Nothing More

Current Employee - Sales Agent Alamo  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Agent Alamo in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job, nothing more.

Cons

The training is no good. Management is just there to get to the next level, without actually making the job better, or trying to think outside the box. They just do what all the other car companies do, and don't try to stand out or be different than anybody else. It's almost like nobody can think for themselves, or don't want to. They would just prefer to do what the people before them did, and move on.

Stop worrying about getting a promotion, and try to make good changes to make the job better for the workers and customers

Was a great place to come too daily

Current Employee - Reservations  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Reservations in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone was nice and the job was very interesting.

Cons

I would have stayed with the company if they had not moved

Listen to what your employees have to say like you would like the employee to listen to what you have to say.

It was a learning experience working for Alamo.

Former Employee - Car Rental Agent  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Car Rental Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time for more than a year

Pros

I experienced group cooperation between co-workers and supervisory staff members during the time I worked for this company. They, the company, had a very thorough training pro-
    gram, from which I learned a great deal about the rental car business.

Cons

Did not experience any negativity during my tenure at Alamo. I found their rules, regulations and work policies were very fair and respected and accepted, in my opniion, by the other em-
    ployees.

Since it has been a while since I have worked there, I believe they must be doing the pro-
    per things in order to remain in business.

No room for advancement

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is friendly and accessible. Most employees are very friendly and helpful. Good referral program and generous vacation/sick time.

Cons

No room for advancement or raises unless you have a college degree. There are too many managers and assistant managers and most don't know what is going on.

Needs more consistent follow-up on promises made to employees. Need more advancement possibilities based on experience and ability.

Worked for Alamo Rent A Car? Contribute to the Community!