www.alanritchey.com

Alan Ritchey Reviews

Updated June 30, 2014
Updated June 30, 2014

Alan Ritchey

Pre4vious posts are so one sided and intelligent driver can see that!

Former Employee - Crude Oil Hauler in Enid, OK
    Former Employee - Crude Oil Hauler in Enid, OK

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The compensation at Alan Ritchey is one of the best in the oilfield. The incentive program allows a driver to achieve some of the best salaries our industry has. the work schedule is unbelievable. I've been in the oilfield for a number of years when the average day was 36 hours. Now working 12 hours and making better pay then I ever did with all the over time. Now I am home every night. The training is the best I have ever seen. The supervisors put our families in front of our jobs.

Cons

I really have no have had no problems. AR recently came up to Enid, there were some growing pains but they work them out and made this a great place to work. The previous issues that were problems are no longer problems.

Keep up the good work.

Run don't walk away from ARI OILFIELD jobs.
    Former Enid, Ok emloyee

Former Employee - Driver in Enid, OK
    Former Employee - Driver in Enid, OK

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your days off away from work.

Cons

Junk equipment, have to fight to get anything fixed on equipment, which there limited to what they can and will do. Anyway to cheat you out of your bonus money they will do. Poor management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care of the good help you have instead of the mentality of I can hire someone else if you quit. Thats why AR is the laughing stock in the oilfield business. Keep your trucks cleaner work on the image of the company. The drivers also reflect on the image if the company. When your own drivers agree with everything that is said about the company in general in negative ways. Something needs to change.

office person

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Enid, OK
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Enid, OK

I have been working at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alan Ritchey is the very best company I have ever worked with. If you need time off for some reason they will work with you. Due to the fantastic supervisors I have been able to work with my school schedule to completion. I have no desire to leave even for some of the offered positions with more money. I would rather work for a company that really cares and knows who I am, not just a number in a cube farm. I care for our Drivers as does the supervisors and we try to welcome everyone as if they were family. If a issue does arise it is addressed with professional results. Driver bonus pay is simple> based on performance so all you have to do to make it is go to work & haul the loads the best you can. Safety is as always priority and communication is key. Simply I love this company and respect their commitment.

Cons

not really a con due to Health Care Reform , but insurance a little high

Keep up the wonderful work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not everyone will agree with your choices but we are heading the right direction. District Supervisor for Oklahoma is just Awesome and most fair at all times.

Run dont walk away from these crooks!

Current Employee - Manager in Valley View, TX

I have been working at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is decent but, they have to pay good to make up for crappy benefits and the hostile work environment you are subjected to on a daily basis. This company has tried too hard to diversify which has put a financial strain on all divisions. They have invested in businesses which they know nothing about.

Cons

Poor leadership, illegal practices, shoddy accounting, hostile work environment, incompetent ownership/management. It is hard to be positive about the direction our company is headed in. Unfortunately, most of the executive team got their jobs because of the "Ritchey" last name not their own skills and merit. This has led to a completely incompetent board with little direction of leadership from a CEO who is clearly in way over his head.

Replace the CEO and get back to your roots. Alan is probably rolling in his grave right now.

Bend over an grab your ankles!!!

Former Employee - Driver/Slave in Hinton, OK
    Former Employee - Driver/Slave in Hinton, OK

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There's none except you'll meet some nice guys an make some friends! Cause you an your knew buddy's all hate there job an this company together!

Cons

No real schedule, This is for sure a fly by nite company they were big quite some time ago in other stuff like mail! But as far as a oilfield service company, there way off! they are just a third party provider for a few big players hauling crude! They should be shut down soon due to bad management and no equipment! They taut a big bonus of 5k cause they wanna try there best to suck you in for at least a year!

Get some! And when you run a new satellite office send a full time mechanic! Also make sure that drivers at that yard can be profitable! Each area has different variables 250 a day isn't enough! Two of your so called safety meetings you brought cold little Caesars! Plan a little better an feed the crew like you would feed your client! The drivers are what make any transportation company a company! Working at Alan Ritchey was a constant disorganized mess where I never met a driver who wasn't just hanging in there to get there bonus! No one I met enjoyed there job or management out of 20+ people! Sometimes it's better to go back to the drawing board!

Couldn't trust Alan Ritchey to pay what they promised - I pushed for answers and my back pay, Got suspended & threatened

Former Employee - Crude Oil Driver in Big Lake, TX
    Former Employee - Crude Oil Driver in Big Lake, TX

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is money to be made in hauling crude oil if you find an honest company

Cons

Alan Ritchey refused to pay me as promised for ongoing diverted miles and suspended me with threat of termination when I unloaded at the originally instructed destination.

The following is a brief copy of to attempts to collect my earnings from Alan Ritchey at Texas Workforce Commission hearings:

These claims are the result of Alan Ritchey to pay the diverted miles properly requested of me with full documentation for the wages to be paid for my work.

A sketch of the routine of the 71 documented loads totaling 2414 miles at issue:

Point A Point B Point C
    Oil Loaded Schld Unload Lact Diverted Unload Lact
    Lease Sites ____________> Hanley ______ additional 17 miles __________> Owens Frac

During the hearings, there was no doubt or contesting that I constantly drove these additional miles for free.

The Alan Ritchey defense for refusal to pay changed every hearing. And even admitted in the last hearing that policy was to pay all miles from Point A to Point B and then to Point C.

I merely want my back wages earned as well as the money that I should have earned while wrongfully suspended for not continuing to drive the diverted miles for free.

May 29, 2013 Appeal Hearing - Alan Ritchey testified that they never paid diverted miles and they only paid in accordance to a Mileage Chart created to pay for miles between the loading and unloading points. They also insisted that this chart was presented in orientation to take exception to the common written policy to “pay by the mile”. They promised this chart for the next hearing.

July 10, 2013 Appeal Hearing – Upon my presentation of evidence that Alan Ritchey had previously paid diverted miles, they testified that had occurred in a different region and they actually never paid diverted miles only in the Big Lake region in question. The promised Mileage Chart was not produced but was promised again for the next hearing. The hearing officer also requested the orientation presenter to be also present at the next hearing which was scheduled to be August 14.

August 14, 2013 Appeal Hearing – Alan Ritchey did not produce the promised orientation presenter and relied upon their third party opinions to summarize what was or was not said in my orientation sessions. Alan Ritchey responded to my questions of the validity of this testimony, stating that since the presenter could not be forced to testify, testimony of others who were not at the orientation would have to suffice.

The Mileage Chart again was not produced by Alan Ritchey and indicated that it did not exist due to the newness of the well leases and Owens Frac Lact. Contradicting all of their previous testimony of the issue.

Upon cross examining the Alan Ritchey Staff on accounting procedures, they said that diverted loads were in fact to be paid for point A to point B and then to point C. I merely pointed out that I had not been paid for those diverted miles without an explanation of response.

Copies of Employment Ads were also entered into evidence that stated that drivers would be “paid by the mile”.

During all these hearings, Alan Ritchey never produced this promised Mileage Chart for Big Lake nor could they produce the person whom was supposed to have instructed it’s use in orientation.

The only mileage chart that they produced was for another region did commonly add diverted miles to the drivers pay without noting any exceptional circumstances.

Alan Richey did testify that the Big Lake payroll staff meticulously instructed drivers on properly detailing tickets so that drivers would be paid for diverted loads.

So without promised charts or actual testimony from instructors to confirm othewise, I should be paid for the miles that I drove.

I am also requesting to be paid for the 3 days wages that I lost for the unwarranted suspension as well as unpaid earned safety bonuses.

During my unemployment benefit appeal hearings occurring concurrently, Alan Ritchey has only recently submitted requested documents which have been entered into evidence. Data from these documents indicate that a substantial amount of money is still owed to me in addition to the $1.580.30 originally submitted on my wage claim on 2/8/2013.

I request to add $2,396.11 to my wage claim against Alan Ritchey and am attaching a copy of the last correspondence from the Texas Workforce Commission confirming the ongoing appeal process. The documents support my proper planned use of earned personal days off as well as numerous instances where safety bonuses were not paid by Alan Ritcey.

The additional $2396.11 is outlined in detail notes in the following pages as well as reference documents that were entered into evidence at the unemployment hearings.

Please update the amount of my claim to $3,976.41

Pay What You Promise. Driving up to 30% of the time for free diverted miles for free or face suspension and termination is just not fair!

I would love to work for the company fulltime if they had a place here in SLC.

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Alan Ritchey as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work for.

Cons

I didn't have any problem working for Alan Ritchey, great experience.

Trying to get a office open here in SLC

good company

I worked at Alan Ritchey part-time

Pros

great pay,great supervisvisors and good people that worked with me.

Cons

I have no complaints, great company

Worst job I ever took!

Current Employee - Driver in Valley View, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Valley View, TX

I have been working at Alan Ritchey full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working at Alan Ritchey, INC. except that they will give you a job easily because nobody else wants to drive for them.

Cons

Closed minded family run by incompetent and egotistical people. They dont do what they say they will do.

Learn to listen to employees feedback. Stop being a bunch of crooked and shady people!

Alan Ritchey is a great place to work!

I have been working at Alan Ritchey

Pros

This company treats their employees very well. They encourage an entrepreneurial environment with plenty of room for advancement.

Cons

Benefit package is a little weak. They are not in the best location (hour north of Dallas). There are some long term employees who are resistant to change and should consider retirement.

You're headed in the right direction! If you continue to hire experts in each industry segment your company will continue to flourish.