Alaska Airlines

www.alaskaair.com

Alaska Airlines Reviews in Seattle, WA

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Alaska Airlines – US – “A Flight Departing from Honolulu”

Alaska Airlines President & CEO Bradley D. Tilden

Bradley D. Tilden

Pros
  • The flight benefits was the best part of the job(in 13 reviews)

• I love the Travel Benefits of this job, the other flight attendants that I fly with, and all the exciting towns we go(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is low compared to other like type jobs(in 6 reviews)

• Poor pay and horrible schedules all based on seniority(in 3 reviews)

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work - perfect for someone starting out in the workplace

Customer Srevice Agent (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFlexible schedules, great health benefits, awesome coworkers

ConsThere are no glaring cons, I love this company.

Pilot Scheduler

Pilot Scheduler (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsWhat a wonderful job, great people and life/work balance. Time off policies are bid on and are based on your seniority, with that said it is easy to trade among your co-workers for time off.

ConsSalaries could be greatly improved! You are a union employee however the customer service union is very weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive preferential treatment for CSA's to convert to Flight Attendant.

It's a great airline to work for!

Project Management and Analytics (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood working environment, good colleagues, and good retirement package are big pros of the company.

ConsChange management is a huge challenge in this place with all outdated technology and also salary is slightly lower than other major airlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time upper management realized the need to update all their outdated technology on a periodic basis throughout the company to prevent future irreparable loss.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company!

Engineering (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat people to work with, all my coworkers were friendly and loved having me there. The company itself has amazing benefits and a great outlook. The most friendliest airline in the US. Flexible work hours were a plus.

ConsThings can get down a little slow but they have a lot of projects that are being worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great company

CARGO (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAlaska Airlines is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunities to advance. Wonderful travel benefits as long as your flexible.

ConsFlight benefits can be difficult to use. Everything from shifts, vacation, & flight benefits are based on seniority.

Good overall

Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people I get to work with make it a great place. There is a large focus and passion on making sure everyone understands the importance of our customers. Most senior leaders have finally shifted from emotional to educated decisions, which has resulted in a lot of company growth and profitability.

ConsShowing leadership skills is often not a prerequisite to getting a leadership position. Little has been done to make changes based on previous employee feedback surveys, and no one has been held accountable for this. Few opportunities for changing roles or new development positions. IT systems are ancient and hold back most divisions from making some major changes to how they operate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos between divisions and take advantage of your employees to come up with better ways of doing things. You aren't expected to have all the answers, even though you act like you are suppose to. Spend some time getting to really know your employees and seeing how they contribute to the organization.

Great people and culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAlaska has a cadre of loyal, long term employees which speaks well of the company. The culture is generally open and collaborative which makes it easy to come to work every day. They use the PTO model instead of dividing the world into vacation and sick time. Bravo.

ConsLess than market compensation.is the biggest drawback, but less so in IT. Travel benefits make up for that though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Running a *profitable* airline these days is something to brag about!

Great Company

In Flight Supervisor (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI've been with Alaska Airlines for 10 years and in the airline industry since 1977. Alaska has a terrific culture, small company feel and a diverse workforce. Very happy to be part of this great team!

ConsAdvancement is limited due to small number of available leadership openings given the size of the company.

Great company

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLove the travel benefits. Sitting on the beach is great!

ConsPay isn't the best. Going to lame places or having to fly on your day off can be the worst.

Love the people I fly with

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI love the Travel Benefits of this job, the other flight attendants that I fly with, and all the exciting towns we go. Everyone is happy! Sitting on the beach with 24 hours to spend isn't so bad.

ConsI feel like I am away from my family too much. Getting woke up at 3 am by crew scheduling saying you to need fly at 5 am isn't all it is cracked up to be. Not only does it wake up me but my family as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish they would be more family oriented. When you do call in sick crew scheduling isn't compassionate or understanding. It makes you second guess the company.

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!