Albany-Chicago Company, LLC

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Altschaefl

The Little Company that could...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere was opportunity available for those who were ambitious and willing to work very hard. The vacation package was good for the area and industry.

ConsHeavy workloads and a lean workforce made it a challenging work environment. The support- to production-staff ratio was very unbalanced. As a result, the culture was reactive rather than proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey needed to be more forward-looking in their staff development.

Good People, poor managment

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Pleasant Prairie, WI

ProsWorking at Albany was great when it comes to benefits, co-workers, and wages. I enjoyed working there. It was a decent job.

ConsUpper management never knew what was going on and they were constantly changing policy. Which is not bad but they don't tell you until after you get in trouble for it. Also don't get hurt or report injuries if avoidable. You get hurt, you get fired, its that simple. Advancement was an issue as well. I worked there for 7 years in the same position despite furthering my education and maintaining production rates at impossible expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you have to get to the shop floor and see how people are being treated. Its a basic idea. People who don't like there jobs don't work hard or even try. If you see your co-workers walked out for being cut because they were provided insufficient PPE, I think that is something that should be addressed. Also workers at any level are human. Try treating them as such. We all put our pants on one leg at a time.

Good technocracy

ProsTechnology, new processes and experience
    Stable work

ConsIndustry downturn and seniority based promotion

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place, but lots of CYA managers

Operator (Current Employee)

ProsKeeps me busy and brings home some money.

ConsManagers talk a good game, but shoot themselves in the foot over and over again by dumb decisions and being cheap with resources. They listen to the wrong people for advice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workforce a little more often - they have good ideas. You are too immersed in keeping the old-timers happy. Totally demoralizes the new people who come in ready to help.

Worked for Albany-Chicago Company, LLC? Contribute to the Community!