Albany International

Joseph G. Morone

Great Company

Current Employee - Quality Engineering Intern  in  Boerne, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Engineering Intern in Boerne, TX

I have been working at Albany International as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good working atmosphere, work-lift balance, good company values

Cons

I can't think of anything

Great place to work

Current Employee - Seamer  in  Saint Stephen, SC
    Current Employee - Seamer in Saint Stephen, SC

I have been working at Albany International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is good for South Carolina.

Cons

Younger management taking over and not listening to the older management.

Learn more from the older trained workers.

Ok

I have been working at Albany International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good environment,

Cons

Constantly changing personnel, and programs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Good Organization

Current Employee - Process Engineer  in  Homer, NY
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Homer, NY

I have been working at Albany International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Good Organization to work, lot opportunity to grow. There are lot of good people out there

Cons

Treat Colleagues how you want to be treated, Do not ride on somebody's shoulder, Who put his hard word thru day and night to improve the plant process, PET resin drying procedure, Co-Polyester resin drying procedure, Operating Instruction Optimization especially die size etc... Touch your heart and tell (Ofcourse if you have your heart), When I was laid off one of my colleague came to my apartment and asking did you inform to your Son's School, He is from where Mahatma M.K.Gandhi ji's birth place.

Process Engineers know how to solve the Process problems without politics.

Not what it used to be

I worked at Albany International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Albany is still a profitable company.

Cons

Absolutely no loyalty or appreciation of employees. Company direction is no longer to generate profit through technically superior products. Profit is now made through producing lowest cost product.

I think it's too late for advice.

A shadow of it's former self

Former Employee - Manufacturing  in  Menasha, WI
    Former Employee - Manufacturing in Menasha, WI

I worked at Albany International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had one of the best 401k plans of any industry

Cons

Went from a company that realized the cash flow for everything Albany needed for investment in R&D, Providing the very best products to their customers, and most of all to keep the very best and experienced workers engaged. Came from the PMC division and respected that. Now they are led by a group of senior managers that have this pipe dream that may or may not pan out in turning Albany into this glamourous aerospace company. Only one problem is it's not turning a profit.
    A good analogy would be if Albany was a car, they would let the engine go to hell so they could pay for big shiny rims and tires.

Retire now with your big bonuses and stock options and let people who know what Albany's bread & butter is.
    Also don't tell the workers that Albany has to be the lowest cost producer and expect wage concessions all the while you top brass are getting huge bonuses and stock options!!( It's all part of public financial records)

A good place for younger employees fresh out of school.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menands, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menands, NY

I worked at Albany International

Pros

Good benefits package compared to other like-sized companies.

Cons

Not a place you can retire from anymore. Some people think that is a good thing. I do not.

Might want to actually communicate that you RESPECT your employees. As it is, management is seen as condescending and inept.

Great for many years, Last few years like watching a train wreck in slow motion!!!!!

Former Employee - Manufacturing  in  Menasha, WI
    Former Employee - Manufacturing in Menasha, WI

I worked at Albany International

Pros

It was a place where you became a family member and became involved in company functions outside of work because you truly enjoyed each others company. You became involved with quality and safety programs to create a better working facility. We worked as one for a common goal - the best possible product.

Cons

Then came the new management team pushing to be the lowest cost producer all the while they are taking huge compensation packages, While they are shutting down manufacturing facilities.
    They have managers in positions that don't have a clue on what it takes to produce quality forming fabrics that there customers have come to expect. The future looks bleak for the Wisconsin facilities

Upper management should of listen to the local management team a few years back, For it is to late this Train Wreck is coming around the bend. As a stock holder I will not wait around for Mr. Morone prediction of a $45 stock price. Albany will have a tough enough time trying to keep the price above $23 a share.

I have been able to take my past 20 years job and life experieince and used it to get to where I am today.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor  in  Rochester, NH
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Rochester, NH

I have been working at Albany International

Pros

Job securtiy, Job advacement, training, flexibility in supervising my department. The company has established itself as a leader in Compositie manufacuring, which will provide jobs for all current and future employees for many years into the future.

Cons

Long hours that are needed to make sure all of the company goals are being met. Slow to respond to the future growth which will mean more work to keep things on track.

Establish training for current employees so that everyone can be evaluated on a fair and balenced system. establish a junior supervisor position so that people would have a better understanging of what being a leader is when they are put into that position.

A great company with great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kaukauna, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kaukauna, WI

I have been working at Albany International

Pros

Albany is an employee friendly company, one who promotes employee involvement and participation in things like safety, employee survey actions, lean improvements, 5S, and quality.

Cons

No significant downsides that I can see. Some leaders need development, but there is a leadership development program that started that should make a difference. Not perfect, but good effort to try to get better each day.

Worked for Albany International? Contribute to the Community!