Albertsons

Albertsons CEO Bob Miller

Bob Miller

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work

Produce Clerk (Current Employee)
    Poway, CA

Prosalot of hours in gm departments

Conspay is low starting job

Overall, this is a really good job.

Cashier (Current Employee)
    Fallbrook, CA

ProsHave to have a minimum of 24 hours a week, salary if you're here long enough, coworkers are a team (most of the time)

ConsUnion deductions, rude customers, busy, irregular hours if you're part time (unless you're lucky), hard work doesn't always get recognized

Keep looking

Combo Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee)

Prossteady job
    16 hour week minimum (part time)

ConsAlways closing stores and transferring employees
    have to do jobs not in the description
    hours are sporadic, could get 30 one week 16 the next

Advice to Senior ManagementGive combos a pay raise, They do the same job as cashiers on top of the duties of a bagger for maybe a dollar more a week. Raise the hourly salary.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good short term job if you are attending college.

Grocery Cashier (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsFlexible hours if you are attending college.

ConsPoor pay scale, too many bad managers, hours, union job, no room for advancement unless you know someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and start from scratch!

It's a job thats better than no job.

Bakery Manager (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsA lot of opportunity to move into management fairly quickly.

ConsYou have to work all weekends and holidays. They don't like to work around other jobs or children, etc. New employees get no additional holiday pay until they have worked there six months, then it's only Thanksgiving and Christmas they get time and a half for. It takes a couple of years before they start getting paid for all the other holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen more to the employees who are working in the stores and make them feel more valuable.

I love the people I work with, but feel taken for granted by the company.

Combo Courtesy/Front End Clerk (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsI love the people I work with. The fact that there is a union is also wonderful because I feel that my job is protected.

ConsI work as a bagger and a combo and I do not get paid very much even though I've been with the company for two years and it's easy to feel for granted and stuck in one spot. You're not getting paid alot for something that other people get paid 20 dollars an hour to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you acknowledge everyone who works hard. I've gotten positive customer reviews and have never been recognized after two years but I know people who've been working for a matter of months and have gotten recognition. Also, please try to give more opportunities to move up the ladder.

Ok except for the exceptionally rude customers

Cashier (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsGreat co workers, paid weekly, annual bonus and .20 cent raise after 6 months

ConsRude rude rude customers really made the job crappy. Once got called the b word. Long shifts and on your feet all day

Horrible place to work. No recognition

San Diego, CA

ProsDiscount, benefits, dont know what else

ConsWow where to start? Been with the company for over 7 years and the only reason why it's been that long is because it's hard to find a job that pays about the same with benefits. Believe me, I'm trying. Management talks down to you, even if you practically give up your personal life to work overtime. Half of the "regular" employees shouldn't even be there and they get more hours than you because of "seniority", and that's due to the union. The union does nothing for the hardworking people, they only protect the lazy ones. No recognition whatsoever for good work. They only talk to you if there is a customer complaint, and half the time they are yelling at you. I have seen so many people leave the office in tears, and nothing is done to the upper management who treat people that way. It's disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real and stop treating your employees like garbage. Maybe discipline your Store Directors more for treating people so horribly.

summer job

Front End (Former Employee)
    Del Mar, CA

Prosi was in high school and needed a paycheck. they hired me within a couple of hours and then i was working.

ConsI had 6 or 7 different managers all telling me to do different things. I only wanted to bag groceries for the cashiers i liked.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have much advice as i was an easily replaceable grocery bagger in high school looking for a summer job.

long

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsAbility to move up, change locations within store, transfer to other locations, medium turnover rate so there are new positions.

Consgood work can sometimes go unoticed by management, as they have an entire store to lead, some of the little things can be missed.

Advice to Senior Managementlook for the hard workers a little harder. there is alot of talent there, and better people for certain positions.

Worked for Albertsons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Albertsons reviews and ratings in San Diego, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Albertsons CEO Bob Miller. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Albertsons employees.