Alcas Reviews

3.4

James E. Stitt

You get out of it what you put in

I worked at Alcas part-time

Pros

The company has a good commission structure. Work hours are very flexible. Training is very good, and the product sells itself.

Cons

It becomes difficult to sell once you get past family and friends. They tell you base pay is 14.50 per appointment, but you can only really do one appointment every 2 hours.

Cutco knives are amazing!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Grants Pass, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Grants Pass, OR

I have been working at Alcas as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good establishment to work for, you get to build your communication/salesman skills, get good pay if you do it enough, and there are nice conferences you can be involved with!

Cons

You need to find your own clients, which can be hard if you dont get any references from anyone. You have to drive your own car to your appts that you have to set/do demos for people, and go to conferences that are across the state. Dont get good pay if you dont do enough demos.

Provide company cars for conferences, and the money to get into the conferences. Be more open when it comes to the ages of those who can buy cutco, not just 25+ years old.

At first it was great but as time went on i felt uncomfortable.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Alcas for less than a year

Pros

It was a good experience and gained customer service skills. the products were great

Cons

They said that they could work around my schedule but in fact they did not, the man that was my supervisor or "coach" knew the hours i wouldnt be able to come into the office, and he would get upset about it and i had an emergency the same day we had a meeting and i called in several hours advance and he was needing to know every detail of what was going on but got upset when i told him that id rather not talk about it because it was personal, this is a job that you have to have money to make money, when i say that i mean money for gas so not a good starter job,

i feel that the staff need to know the line that is not to be crossed, my personal life had nothing to do with them, the way i was spoken to was not appropriate no one should feel like they are not good enough to work at any company, as hard as i worked and put the effort into that job i should not have felt like i did, that is why i quit.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Selling Cutco is awesome!

Current Employee - Various Positions  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Various Positions in Miami, FL

I have been working at Alcas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your income potential is limitless!

Cons

If you don't sell, you won't earn much.

Best experience I could of got as a college student

Former Employee - Sfsm  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sfsm in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Alcas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Real life experience. Tips that will help you in any field of life. great team atmoshpere. Potential to make $1000.'s in the summer

Cons

Taxing, very hard work, not easy for all young adults to face the real world,

Keep your staff focused on the big picture and that is to keep kid's in school while employed at Vector. Have seen a lot of kids come in and make some $ but then think college is stupid and many managers openly quote on facebook/twitter what has college done for you but get you student loans.

Decent, but could have been better

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Stockbridge, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stockbridge, GA

I have been working at Alcas

Pros

Possible pay advancement based on performance

Cons

Door to door sales may not fit everyone.

Just be more in depth with explaining things.

Warm calling, salary based almost solely on commission, and energy drain.

I have been working at Alcas

Pros

Freedom to choose when you want to work. You get to meet a lot of people. The awards that you can receive if you do well in sells are pretty good.

Cons

Warm calling/cold calling, short employee turnover.

Aside from utilizing young college kids to sell your product, I believe your company should take a more professional approach when dealing with college kids. I would say the majority of college kids aren't motivated with charts and managers constantly calling them to check their sales. In order to create a proper company culture to nurture those young minds, time must be taken by management for job support, emotional support, and mentorship.

Worked for Alcas? Contribute to the Community!