Alcatel-Lucent Holding

www.usa.alcatel.com

Alcatel-Lucent Holding Reviews

Updated Mar 9, 2014
Alcatel-Lucent Holding – US – “Office Chairs”

Alcatel-Lucent Holding CEO Ben Verwaayen

Ben Verwaayen

Good Experience

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Murray Hill, NJ

Prosprofessional, challenging, see new technologies. Good starting position

Conshard for promotion, too dependent on euro countries, Asians are taking over

Advice to Senior Managementlighten up

Tired company, good benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsThe company is well into the merger and the initial hurdles & barriers no longer exist. Great/good benefits. French: easy going culture is more prevalent even in the US.

ConsMost of the major decision making is top down and execution is at the middle-lower level. Decision making is slow, productivity low, budgets limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, the company is struggling with the over regulation of US markets. Competing with lower cost competitor products and demanding environments of international markets. Create a newer line of lower cost products. Higher quality & reliability are less valuable internationally where the key driver is costs (limited budgets).

End of an era, begining of the end!

Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) Holmdel, NJ

ProsCompensation and benefits are up there. My management did not do "bed checks and my schedule was fllexible.

ConsMorale sucks, no job security. Bell Labs was once great. It is very sad to see what became of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the workforce reductions. The good talent is jumping ship.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decide on a clear focus for the company

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) New Providence, Union, NJ

ProsNone at this time other than the location.

Consmanagement of the company
    most people who could find another job has left

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on a clear focus for the company

Engineering manger for all technical OW & SOW

Project Manager (Current Employee) Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Proslooking for new challenge job can be added value and success team member

Consclosing project within budget and SOW with quality

Advice to Senior Managementfocused on OPEX and monitor budget

Long time employee, stifled after merger

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLong term base pay has been at or above averages, bonuses have been weak for an extended time period. Great deal of freedom and flexibility within system. High percentage of "virtual" workers which easily allows migration between jobs.

ConsMerger in 2006 created "silos" which we have not successfully defeated. Working with French based company is very different and non intuitive for American workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue work on destroying silo mentality. Communication through out the organization must continue to improve.

Working at Alcatel-Lucent

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsVery good company with respect for personal life. Execellent educational opportunity for advancement of knowledge base. Very good salary.

ConsDifficult merger between Alcatel and Lucent. In fighting on what technology and WHAT people to keep or discard. Alcatel seem to be more incharge that Lucent. Downsizing on a weekly basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, great company. I elected to leave on a package to pursue an entrepreneur opportunity. I would work for Alcatel-Lucent again.

Non-technical position

(Current Employee)

Pros-WONDERFUL work/life balance with options to work from home and flexible hours
    -Open door policy
    -Pay is really good

Cons-Really have to network to be promoted
    -Communication from top management and down can be better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with the company culture, find better ways to trickle down information.

A company of hard-working professionals

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits, even as benefits between merged companies are being leveled. Management is flexible with needs and continuing education. Teams works well together.

ConsStress associated with continued industry downturn and layoffs mean fewer people trying to cover work done by people lost in reductions in force. But this is getting pretty common in business overall...

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that staff needs opportunity to come together in settings other than town hall meetings. Hi-tech doesn't translate to the same business model as Southwest Airlines, but find a way to get past the reductions in force and stress- and encourage some actual enjoyment in the workplace.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent Holding? Contribute to the Community!