Alcatel-Lucent

3.3
1,390 Reviews

Alcatel-Lucent CEO Michel Combes
Michel Combes

Pros
  • There is a great sense of work-life balance within Alcatel-Lucent (in 137 reviews)

• Company has a good Work Culture, lot of talented resources, good products (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has struggled to pull it together in the last seven years (in 31 reviews)

• gt;> Little to no salary increase or bonus for the past 8 years (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Positive-to-neural Experience Overall

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I view the company, Alcatel-Lucent, as stable and predictable corporation with well-defined internal procedures, strong business ethics and codes.

Cons

I found that the company is quite inflexible and lacking true innovation spirit. If you are looking for the cutting-edge technologies and carrier growth opportunities, I would suggest to look somewhere.

No internal communication within my group

Former Employee - Global Director of Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Global Director of Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent

Pros

Great pay and benefits. You're also working for a respected company with a good record of achievement in the marketplace.

Cons

Poor internal communication. Infighting. Unbalanced approached to market issues (not able to quickly fix problems).

Listen to all of your employees and make sure you make yourself accessible to all. Make a point of meeting ONCE a month (not once a year) with your team.