Alcoa Home Exteriors Reviews

1 Rating

1. Company Sold

Former Employee - Manager in Sidney, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Sidney, OH

Pros

None, since the company was sold , the headquarters moved to Kansas City, and most of the employees were laid off. Some of the Alcoa Home Exterior's employees were offered relocation, but most were not.

Cons

The company was sold so very few opportunities exist there anymore. The company that purchased us was not as technologically advanced as we were, and some of the changes felt like they would be steps backward. I left a few months after the sale was finalized.

Advice to Management

My immediate supervisor was a great boss, and I really enjoyed working for him. However our upper management seemed to be out of touch with their customers and their employees.

2. Hard work, Inadequate staffing

Former Employee - Packer/Inspector in Stuarts Draft, VA
    Former Employee - Packer/Inspector in Stuarts Draft, VA

I worked at Alcoa Home Exteriors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Human Resource and department heads would meet with employees periodically to receive feedback and suggestions on how to improve working conditions.

Cons

Plans were not implemented from suggestions. Some lines had enough staffing while others that ran faster with more problems were under staffed, often at times 3 people to 2 lines. Left you exhausted plus management continuously changes rules and adds to the job yet there is not enough staff to carry out everything to be done. Alot of sexual harassment, both sides men and women, not to mention married people hitting on every new person that walks through the door

RSS Feed </> Embed