Alcor Capital & Asset Management

Alcor Capital & Asset Management Reviews

4.0

Alcor Capital & Asset Management CEO George Molakal
George Molakal

A perfect place to work for Self Driven professionals with optimistic vision.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Alcor Capital & Asset Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You'll get to learn many things while working with a company like ALCOR which is diversified in Manufacturing as well as Investment Banking industry. Work/Life balance is the most prominent benefit with ALCOR. Good work exposure.

Cons

Few employees with negative attitude (Such people are there in every organisation :) ), one should always stay away from such negativity.

There should be a training on improvement of employee attitude.

Great place to work and learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at Alcor Capital & Asset Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love to work in an open and transparent environment, where the leadership is excellent with coaching and mentoring.

Cons

You have to be on your toes all the time, since the management sets very high goals and expectations.

Staff will not have the same drive or knowledge as Management. So Management should pace their work expectations. Nonetheless, it is good to be in a team with high pressure, wherein the company is becoming a market leader.

Simply Awesome..I love to work here, the pay and earnings are 2X industry standards..

Current Employee - Mergers and Acquisition Head (Europe) in Milan (Italy)
    Current Employee - Mergers and Acquisition Head (Europe) in Milan (Italy)

Pros

I am in the sales front and I love sales. My role permits me to interact with CEO's and Presidents of firms on a daily basis for their cross border M&A. I negotiate and keep winning. This is a great place to work

Cons

No fixed work timings..I have to take phone calls 16 hours a day, be flexible for dinner / breakfast meetings. This is not a place for a 9-5 employee.., rather my job.

Expand ALCOR operations into the other emerging nations ASAP. Companies need our services..

Great but stressful work place - high delivery

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pune (India)

Pros

I love the culture and the open atmosphere. The teams are dynamic and performing. We can see new changes in the systems and new staff join the company with new ideas that are being implemented. The learning and case games days are truly educational.

Cons

HR and general administration needs a major overhaul. Small issues with HR or general administration sometimes stresses me/my team.

You can become a great company, with the solid leadership and action plans, change management, but you also need to focus to improve HR and general administration.

It was a blunder to join organisation

I have been working at Alcor Capital & Asset Management

Pros

1) Work life balance. One can hardly quote this as a strength. Because this balance is owing to lack of business rather than management policy.

Cons

1) Highly unethical way of doing business. The organisation is not worth joining.
    2) Senior Management is not competant, lack focus and dont have a clue about anything
    3) No set HR policies. Rules are changed frequently as per wish of senior management. HR policies seen till now. HR acts as if employees dont have any other option
    4) Lax and lethargic way of working. No standard appraisal policies, no performance feedback given. Tasks are given on ad-hoc basis.
    5) Lack of vision and focus and business judgement by senior management. The only investment bank seen by me till now, where senior management is a bean counter rather than business developer.
    6) Poor empowerment of employees. Employees are expected to deliver without executive powers

Serious change in senior management required. Current senior management has no experience, skillset track record of running an investment bank. Better bring fresh blood.
    Organisation lacks professionalism and a code of conduct and executive capabilities. Junior management is not incentivised enough to show results.