Alere Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

good

Proshelping people with their healthcare

Consconsider better communication with employees

ok company

Prosworkload/salary ok in this company

Constoo much politics in this company

Seven Years Wasted

ProsThe company is in the health care field.

ConsThe company is not cutting edge when it comes to technology.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very little support.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCan work at home, on your own pretty much

ConsThe management is not receptive or approachable

Massive layoffs. Twice the work with half the staff. Beware!!

Middle Management (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsNice building downtown, free coffee

ConsVery low pay (hourly and salaried employees), weak benefits package, little opportunity or incentive to grow professionally, confusion and chaos at high levels... the list goes on. I worked for a small company called Alere Wellbeing that operated independently as a subsidiary of Alere Health, until the decision was made to integrate. I went from working for a small company (few hundred people) with all the perks, to working for a giant corporation of 17,000 in which the bottom line is king. Considering we are in the field of behavior change and this work requires a genuine interest in the health of others, this hasn't gone over well. Almost all of our talent has since left and the office feels like a ghost town.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Alere Health is to hire a change management consultant to avoid the myriad pitfalls which have stymied the success of the integration of Alere Wellbeing. Massive layoffs, staffing errors, miscommunication, poor forecasting, high turnover, and absolutely nothing being done to retain talent have resulted in a very immobilized workforce that is unable to follow through on key contract deliverables. We are floundering as a company.

New and Improving

Quit Coach (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

Prossome positions are wotr from home, training.

Conscan't choose a suitable schedules for family life at first, working evenings and nights,

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider work-life balance a choice more vast. Allowing more choices in scheduling.

Can't Win

ProsEmployees here are very hardworking.

ConsEmployees are overworked, stressed and jumping ship. There is very little growth presented to employees if they want to achieve professional growth. Managers typically take all the credit for employees' work and employees rarely receive praises for their hardwork. No rewards system and lots of micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive credit were credit is due, appreciate your employees and their hard work. Promote within as opposed to seeking externally. It's not all about you. It's about the team, the company overall.

Heartbreak Hotel

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPatient contact, caring clinicians and doing important patient education.

ConsPoor management, playing favorites, impossible to do a good job and succeed. Upper management gets bogged down in details and fails to pay attention to the bottom line.

Alere Health seemed like it would be a place to grow within the company but it's just another call center

Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsBenefits , PTO time floating holidays

ConsNot Enough money for the work

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors need to be trained before their reps

Overworked, no work-life balance, stressful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe ability to work from home is great. It ALMOST makes up for everything else.

Senior management changes frequently so if you don't like someone or a way of doing something, they will be gone soon enough. (I am trying to spin that into a positive.)

Current management is working to improve products and service. Finally.

Cons-A few senior managers run everything. Employees are not empowered.
    -Executives expect everything to be done yesterday. That puts a lot of stress on the workforce. We work nights and weekends.
    -The workforce runs from fire to fire. We have a strategy, but we don't follow it. There is a new priority (aka fire) each week.
    -The bottom line rules. We say we want to focus on this or that, but that's just talk.
    -Annual merit increases are generally 1%-3% (with 3% reserved for select high performers). What a joke. Even if you bust your rear all year working 60 hour weeks, you get a maximum increase of 3%. Even if you save the company money, you get a maximum increase of 3%. Does that say "thank you" to you? I will tell you it is NOT motivating AT ALL. It is an insult.
    -Historically, the company says our focus is on the customer and participant, but not really. The priority is the bottom line (always looking to cut costs which lowers our service and is the same as cutting corners).

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you sell! Remember that we do not have a bonus plan like you do. We get nothing for working more, being stressed out, and missing family events. We would be more productive and happier if we had work-life balance. Burning us out is not the right way.

Worked for Alere Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alere Health reviews and ratings. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Alere Health employees.